Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    Argentina i think. I really struggle to see Portugal winning it, or for that matter, Italy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)

Lampard's always gets into good shooting positions which is a skill, not everyone can do that, cause they would all shoot on sight and get 20+ goals a season. He'll undoubtedly get some against Portugal and hopefully some he'll take.
    unfortunatley for Lampard that is his only skill and therefore as a result his contribution to England's midfield when that skill isn't working for him is next to nothing. other then score good goals please enlighten me on what Lampard has to offer. Gerrard is doing to goal scoring job which Lampard can't and therefore he is a useless asset to the midfield meaning he should be dropped to make way for a far more impacting player like Lennon.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the Portuguese players bad attitude's were due to the attitudes of the Holland squad..
    although both teams put some nastiness in, holland clearly wanted to kick ronaldo off the pitch from the very start and were the less professional team overall

ReputationRep:
    Same here, i hope Ghana do it. Essien is out though.

ReputationRep:
    realistically its not going to happen though is it?
    unless you have an out of form + luckless Brazil vs. a on form + lucky Ghana team :p: and even then there are doubts imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    unfortunatley for Lampard that is his only skill and therefore as a result his contribution to England's midfield when that skill isn't working for him is next to nothing. other then score good goals please enlighten me on what Lampard has to offer. Gerrard is doing to goal scoring job which Lampard can't and therefore he is a useless asset to the midfield meaning he should be dropped to make way for a far more impacting player like Lennon.
    ditto, ditto and ditto! down with fat frank
    (woo 1500 posts :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK333)
    Once again FK333, I'm on your wavelength, good post. If he goes and scores a blinder or two, I will be the first to say well done Frank. But I generally feel that he only does this when the team is playing well and the goals would come anyway. This just isn't evident when the manager shuts up shop as soon as we go one up. We are not the italians, we are England, this does not suit us. If we win the World cup with Lampard scoring a hatrick in the final i will still be calling for his head, he is absent to often when the chips are down despite the rare good performance.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard is the reason England have been so ****. When he's not scoring seriously, what does he add? He can't dribble with the ball, he can't make driving runs with the ball because he has no pace, his passing is average and he can't tackle to save his life. For a so-called attacking midfielder thats just piss poor. You'd think that with these balls behaving the way that they are he'd be able to have some decent shots but he's even failing at that. So the question is, what is he doing that makes the team better?

Its the world cup 1/4 finals. We no longer have time for players to be 'finding form'. They need to be in form now if we want to go far. He needs to be dropped but Sven (or is it Mclaren running the team already :rolleyes: ) doesn't have the balls to do it, so that is why we will not get to the final. The midfield Sven should be playing (nobody comment on Beckham, he is only in the team because he has been captain for so long :rolleyes: ):

Becks----Gerrard-----Carrick------Cole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    I can't believe someone actually had the balls to say that. The referee dished out 20 cards, with only 25 fouls recorded in total, and you actually think FIFA would think for a second that this referee was lenient?! The game was a joke - if anything, I'd suspect that Deco's suspension could be revoked because he didn't deserve to be sent off...but even that seems unlikely.

I can't believe you thought you were making a valid point. It doesn't matter how harsh or lenient the ref was in the rest of the game, all that matters is this incident. The ref did not see Figo headbutt van Bommel. Simple, see?

Besides, Deco should have been sent off, it was blatent timewasting - he knew the rules and deserved that yellow.

ReputationRep:
    Its not going ot make much of a difference Figo is past it anyway,if i was Portugease i would be more concerned that Ronaldo might not be playing

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick Deco over Joe Cole most days of the week. Portugal with or without him will still pose a serious challenge to England, i don't like the way people have already begun underestimating them. In all honesty, I see them knocking England out again.

ReputationRep:
    I figure of Ronalindho is off form and Kaka gets injured and the ref is on Ghana's side then Ghana can pull through.

ReputationRep:
    Ghana are weak in defence. It is unthinkable that the O's of Brazil will not score more than a few. Then again, we are still awaiting any major shock in this tournament so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy)
    Its not going ot make much of a difference Figo is past it anyway,if i was Portugease i would be more concerned that Ronaldo might not be playing

To be honest I am pretty much certain Ronaldo will play, he won't want to miss the match for anything. Apparently he is 80% to play now, but that may as well be 100% as far as I can see.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I would like to see Ghana get through- it WONT happen, Brazil will have way to much for the africans defence and will most likely win 2-0 or 3-0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerPele)
    As much as I would like to see Ghana get through- it WONT happen, Brazil will have way to much for the africans defence and will most likely win 2-0 or 3-0.
    Don't spoil my hopes guys

ReputationRep:
    It is just before the England v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only England. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered."

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself-you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

Anyway, a few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers, "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on." They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) - England 1 (Lampard 89 minutes)."

They can't believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, no, I have, I've let you down...I got sent off after 12 minutes."
    :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    That was ****ing pathetic. Brazil were offside and that goal should NOT have counted. The assistant referee is a joke and should be shot for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    That was ****ing pathetic. Brazil were offside and that goal should NOT have counted. The assistant referee is a joke and should be shot for that!
    Ronaldo was onside about 1 minute in one-on-one with the keeper, and the assistant said he was off, so it balances.

ReputationRep:
    They dont deserve this..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.