Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    Spain dived far more.
    I never see Henry dive or cheat. Everyone else is doing it around him, so why not him? You full well know that's not his personality.

I don't think you would see tricks like that against England, but rather Spain just gave him the incentive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Thats a pretty poor contribution from someone who allegedly is the "best striker in the world". Sagnol, Ribery, Zidane, Malouda and Vieira were the star performers for France. Not Henry.
    The fact that the French saw the free kick as controversial is fitting imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Spain dived far more.
    I never see Henry dive or cheat. Everyone else is doing it around him, so why not him? You full well know that's not his personality.

I don't think you would see tricks like that against England, but rather Spain just gave him the incentive.
    haha thats the most pathetic reason ive ever heard. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Henry shouldn't have dived, it's not what we've come to expect from him, but considering Aragones' comments about Henry a couple of years ago, I consider it poetic justice.
    He didnt dive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    After last night's despicable antics I've lost all respect for the man. Now he's just a dirty cheat. Any comments?
    I wonder if you've 'lost all respect' for Gerrard, who clearly dived to win a penalty against Hungary???

ReputationRep:
    He was holding his face to try and get Puyol sent off. Thats cheating.

The Grosso penalty was debatable - no one said it was a clear dive, nor did they it was a clear cut penalty.
    Give me a break, trying to get Puyol sent off? He just wanted a bloody free kick which is what he got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    He didnt dive
    True, I should have said exaggerated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Give me a break, trying to get Puyol sent off? He just wanted a bloody free kick which is what he got.
    A break? i think you need to put your love of Henry to one side. He was going to get a freekick anyway since Puyol was obstructing him, but Henry felt the need to pretend he got elbowed in the face when he didnt. He wanted to get Puyol sent off and thats cheating.

ReputationRep:
    haha thats the most pathetic reason ive ever heard. 2 wrongs dont make a right.
    In football it does.
    Even Ian Wright said the opther day that he's sick of the diving. If the opposition continue to do it and win stuff, why not us? It makes sense to me. If you can't beat them, join them

ReputationRep:
    In football it does.
    Even Ian Wright said the opther day that he's sick of the diving. If the opposition continue to do it and win stuff, why not us? It makes sense to me. If you can't beat them, join them
    Thats bollox, im disappointed by Henry but I dont what every player resorting to cheating just because some do

ReputationRep:
    A break? i think you need to put your love of Henry to one side. He was going to get a freekick anyway since Puyol was obstructing him, but Henry felt the need to pretend he got elbowed in the face when he didnt. He wanted to get Puyol sent off and thats cheating.
    If you actually read you will see im not defending Henry holding his face one bit. But from watching him week in week out I know the sort of player he is. He would never try and get a player sent off if they didnt deserve it. Henry is a player who gets frustrated if he doesnt get a fair decision. Hence he exaggerated the foul in order to ensure he got a freekick.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Its not. It's called joining in what Fifa cannot seem to stamp out. However, I'm glad to see more players being booked in this years world cup for diving. Ghana and Brazil being 2-teams.

Maybe teams will think twice and it can be eradicated from the game at international level. Until that happens, everyone have fun play acting.

ReputationRep:
    Not this again :rolleyes:!, it was a FOUL, shame henry exagerrated it.. It WAS a freekick, they scored! End of.!!!

I still have respect for Henry and always will

GO FRANCE!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Its jealous people in this thread getting on the back of a great Arsenal player that has not once play acted. He does it once and gets criticised beyond belief.

Good on him. I hope Puyol's feeling sick as I hope Aragones is. Everyone knows full well its was a form of exaggeration built on revenge.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Its jealous people in this thread getting on the back of a great Arsenal player that has not once play acted. He does it once and gets criticised beyond belief.

Good on him. I hope Puyol's feeling sick as I hope Aragones is. Everyone knows full well its was a form of exaggeration built on revenge.
    :five:!!! Indeed!

As someone said a couple of posts up, noone mentioned anything when Gerrard dived to get that penalty against hungary :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Even though he did cheat just this once, I still admire him for it He deserves it

ReputationRep:
    I love football, but i really dont care if we play bad football, all i care about is winning the World Cup. I still think we can play some good football, we just need to get the right mix in the Midfield.

ReputationRep:
    Yes he even said himself he gets frustrated that he doesn't get free kicks because he doesn't roll around on the floor like girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forkwise)
    Yes he even said himself he gets frustrated that he doesn't get free kicks because he doesn't roll around on the floor like girls
    Exactly, the English game is a lot rougher than international football and the players are realising that, and have to resort to the way the other players are acting to get the decisions. I'd love to see the World Cup played in the Premiership style, with Premiership referees and you would have seen hardly any red cards.

ReputationRep:
    Its ironic.
    FIFA are ever more steering toward a non-contact sport, and now we have the highest yellow and red card count in history.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.