Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
ba_ba1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Question: If you want a player sent off what do you do?

A) Hold your face and lie down on the floor whilst the ref sends off the player

B) Hold your face and as soon as the referee blows his whistle sit up on your knees.

If you know Henry you would know he would never try to get a player sent off for no reason! He wanted to make sure he got the freekick, which he did and as soon as he did get it he picked himself up off the ground. If he wanted Puyol off he would have stayed on the ground for far longer.
erm he stayed on the floor until Puyol got booked then he got up. If he wanted the freekick he didnt need to hold his face since it was a foul anyway - clear obstruction.

I don't know Henry and i dont think you do either. Watching him week in week out doesnt mean you know him.

As someone else said previously, elbowing a player in the face is a sending off offence. Henry held his face to try and make it look like Puyol elbowed him in the face, hence he was trying to get Puyol sent off. If he wanted to make sure he got the freekick, why didnt he just go down? why did he feel the need to hold his face aswell when his face was not touched?
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by w8wizz)
u need to calm down its just a football and ppl can have their own opinions if they want. like i said i dont think it changed the match, but he still shoudnt have done it. im not starting these threads im just giving my opinion, i think there are alot of players who have done worse.
Yeah, I know what you mean, the way people go on is quite irritating though. I mean yes, he did dramatise possibly to try and get the player sent off and that is shameful BUT that doesn't warrant some of the posts I've seen. I guess it's 'cos I have so much respect for him anyways.

+ yeah, people are entitled to their opinions, but the way the OP put it is a bit strong, don't you think? I wonder if he would have said all that if Henry moved to Barca.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gerrard earned your respect? He dives about as much as any other English player
how many times do i have to say i never started the thread to talk about gerrard? do you want me to bring in reyes/pires diving antics, or vieras bad tackles? no, because they are irrelevant. its about terry henry. keep on topic!
w8wizz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dimexi)
Yeah, I know what you mean, the way people go on is quite irritating though. I mean yes, he did dramatise possibly to try and get the player sent off and that is shameful BUT that doesn't warrant some of the posts I've seen. I guess it's 'cos I have so much respect for him anyways.

+ yeah, people are entitled to their opinions, but the way the OP put it is a bit strong, don't you think? I wonder if he would have said all that if Henry moved to Barca.
yea ur right, hes just pissed off because henry didnt go to barca.
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by w8wizz)
yea ur right, hes just pissed off because henry didnt go to barca.
Lol! They were being a bit hopeful anyway :p:

:yy:
naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can't wait for a Brazil-Argentina final. Have we had that before? Would be amazing
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
erm he stayed on the floor until Puyol got booked then he got up. If he wanted the freekick he didnt need to hold his face since it was a foul anyway - clear obstruction.
I don't know Henry and i dont think you do either. Watching him week in week out doesnt mean you know him.

As someone else said previously, elbowing a player in the face is a sending off offence. Henry held his face to try and make it look like Puyol elbowed him in the face, hence he was trying to get Puyol sent off. If he wanted to make sure he got the freekick, why didnt he just go down? why did he feel the need to hold his face aswell when his face was not touched?
Perhaps because similar incidents happening in the champions league final and he got nothing
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Perhaps because similar incidents happening in the champions league final and he got nothing
when? If your reason for Henry is doing this is his so called "revenge" for choking in all the big matches, then that is quite lame really.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Can't wait for a Brazil-Argentina final. Have we had that before? Would be amazing
England v Ukraine would be my ideal final
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
when? If your reason for Henry is doing this is his so called "revenge" for choking in all the big matches, then that is quite lame really.
When the whole Barca defence man-handled Henry yet the ref never gave him anything. Henry choking has nothing to do with this and I dont believe one bit it was 'revenge'. He would have been the same with any other player.
no.1toonfan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think what Henry did was that bad. It was a definite foul, Puyol stepped across him. But how many times do you see foreign players feign injury? Too often in my opinion, and Henry, by and large, tends to avoid doing this. If you can't beat em, join em!

OP, I think you've got to focus some attention towards your own players (namely Deco). He's quite prepared to dish out some strong (bordering on dangerous) tackles, but as soon as he gets touched, he's rolling all over the field.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Question: If you want a player sent off what do you do?
Clutch your face as you go down thus pretending that he has committed a red card offence in elbowing you in the face. Henry knows the rules.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When the whole Barca defence man-handled Henry yet the ref never gave him anything. Henry choking has nothing to do with this and I dont believe one bit it was 'revenge'. He would have been the same with any other player.
then why did you bring up the CL match?
half face
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Byronic)
First of all, I agree. Second, the reason he sulks is because he is so competitive that he is a sore loser. I don't see this as a negative and I'd argue his passion is for the game is so much so that sulking and generally being a moody git afterwards is to be expected. Look at Rooney! Thirdly, I agree. Those Latin American plebs dive around like they've just been hit by a cattle-prod. The Dutch! Arjen Robben? Mark Van Bommel? Dirk Kite(sic)? They're the worst divers on the planet! Forthly, these people aren't changing their opinion. They're so self-righteous that they're using this one example of unfair play to launch a tirade against a player they've disliked for along time. Get over yourselves!
Hmm. I'd say it's because in his mind, he is the best. So any decision made against him must be wrong. It's the same with Rooney. He knows - and is constantly told my the media in this country - that he is the best, so he probably thinks "how dare Sven substitute me?".

I'm sure their competitive nature also plays a big part, but I guess it's natural to think that any decision made against you is wrong, when you're constantly being told that you are the greatest player in the world. At least, that's how I see it. :cool:

Agreed about the Dutch though. Robben is a stinking, diving prat. And he runs like a girl*.

*He is nonetheless a very good player.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone know what happened with Roberto Acuna and the whole phoning up the Swedish photographer in the middle of the night? Last i heard, there was a five man committee (Yep, you heard me right) that was going to decide whether he deserved a ban
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sat: Eng VS Port

Do you think Rooney's going to get revenge on the player who nearly ruled him out for the World Cup?

I expect Ferreira to get some stick from the English fans.

I would love Ferreira to not only give away a penalty but get himself sent off - that would be Rooney's compensation
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has Henry given an answer for his actions?
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
post in the World Cup thread :p: lol
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:confused: erm Ferreira is not playing and i doubt he will play any part unless Miguel gets injured.

It was not actually Ferreira's fault that Rooney got injured - his tackle was clean and it was when Rooneys foot hit the turf his injury occured. Just plain bad luck.

I think wishing Ferreira has a bad game is rather pathetic.
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im sure I've seen Ferreira trying to con the ref a few times in the Prem.

Bad habits die hard!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads