Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    probably.. but fingers crossed eh?
    C.Ronaldo is a doubt though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kriminal-Minded)
    I call you deluded, because Italy top the diving charts by a mile with 25 counted dives so far.
    On top of that they are not doing so bad on the fake injuries chart with 7.

England on the other hand has 11 dives and 2 faked injuries...

I wonder why Italy are stereotyped as cheaters?....

Oh plus let us please not forget how they beat the Aussies...
    diving chart? wtf are you on about?

yes let us not forget how materazzi was wrongly sent off after some disgraceful play acting from bresciano.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    ewwww :rolleyes:
    you obviously don't understand sarcasm do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    diving chart? wtf are you on about?

yes let us not forget how materazzi was wrongly sent off after some disgraceful play acting from bresciano.
    Let's not start on Materazzi, remember his deliberate elbow on Sorin in the CL QF?

EDIT: let us remind ourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gyu8...erazzi%20sorin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Let's not start on Materazzi, remember his deliberate elbow on Sorin in the CL QF?

EDIT: let us remind ourselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gyu8...erazzi%20sorin

:confused: what does this have to do with the WC and more specifically the Australia game?

I know materazzi is a dirty player and he should be no where near the italy squad, but he shouldnt have been sent off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    :confused: what does this have to do with the WC and more specifically the Australia game?

I know materazzi is a dirty player and he should be no where near the italy squad, but he shouldnt have been sent off.
    Just an excuse to highlight what an awful person he is. Did he even get a ban for that elbow? He dishonours the Italian tradition of top-class defending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Just an excuse to highlight what an awful person he is. Did he even get a ban for that elbow? He dishonours the Italian tradition of top-class defending.
    Yes i know he's a nob end and i dont think he did get a ban, but he definately shouldve. Most people don't want him in the NT and he's a hated figure in Italy, even for Inter fans. Normally i would criticise him whenever i get the chance, but on this occasion i genuinly felt he was unfairly sent off.

ReputationRep:
    UUUrgh... disgusting behaviour :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kriminal-Minded)
    In what way is it pathetic?

And I noice you gave me a negative reputation for stating statistical truths. Nice job.
    your just following age old stereotypes.

Argentina have the cheating advantage over Brazil? did you not see Adriano's dive the other day? or jhow about Ronaldinho going over all the time?

You need alot more than pure skill ot win matches btw.

If anything Portugal were cheated against in the holland match with all that diving going on, and italy were hampered by the ref as he wrongly dismissed materazzi.

Come back with a proper argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)

There are other players who have made plenty of mistakes...Players with similar violent tendencies are Keown and Vieira. Yes Materazzi is a horrible player (he learnt his trade from Big Dunc so you can't blame him) nobody is disputing that, but he shouldn't have got sent off because Zambrotta was the last man. Similarly Vieira shouldn't have been sent off in that game at OT where Van was assaulted by half your team. It's funny how we forget what happens closest to home.

ReputationRep:
    Aarrghh, I missed the goal! Who scored for Argentina?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forkwise)
    UUUrgh... disgusting behaviour :puke:
    What a disgrace, gob smacked at that video clips :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if they are 3-0 up and it's 5 mins to go??

ReputationRep:
    They will let him hold one of the players hands as they walk out onto the pitch to sing the national anthem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NViasko)
    Maybe if they are 3-0 up and it's 5 mins to go??
    I can't envisage such a scoreline....but if it does materialize, without a doubt yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naranoc)
    Aarrghh, I missed the goal! Who scored for Argentina?
    Ayala header from a Riquelme corner. Germany equalised when a Ballack cross was headed on by Borowski for Klose to head home

ReputationRep:
    It's penalties. Who's gonna get it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well done Germany the right nation won, sorry but Argentina are scum i think it was a disgrace when they threw punches sorry but they deserve to go out.

ReputationRep:
    Ukraine and italy are the most undeserving team in the football tournament to go through to the knockout stages.... and now either of them are surely going to lose against germany.

Again, i am 99.9% sure that germany will go through to the finals... and if england does.. then let the 1966 world come back to our memories.

however... italy can upset germany and france can upset brazil and england can upset portugal.

And about todays match...

PENALTIES are never and I will always think is not the WAY TO SETTLE a game against two great footballing nations. Penalty kicks are for me dependent on so much chance... its a guessing game, the best guesser wins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl1982)
    Well done Germany the right nation won, sorry but Argentina are scum i think it was a disgrace when they threw punches sorry but they deserve to go out.
    Argentina played the best footy in the tournament and its sad to see them go out. Pekerman has to take the blame though - he had this game won but made stupid subs.

Disgraceful actions at the end by Heinze and Maxi (i think). I wouldnt go round calling the whole Argentinian nation scum because of that incident though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.