The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ooohh i despise him!!! what a sly arrogant ****!!!
Reply 3201
Wonder if he'll do the same to Ronaldinho should they meet in the next round. I mean he obviously can't beat the better players honestly by playing them out, does he want to make Brazil the next country he offends? He then certainly won't be welcome in Spanish football.

I really hope this is the reaction of every English fan out there and it is made impossible by the media and fans at Man U for him to play his football over here. There is no place for cheating like that in English football.
I hope he dies of AIDS.
JudeX
Would love to know what he actually said in Rooneys ear...

Probably something about his girlfriend.
Yai or nai.
Reply 3205
OK, let's get this straight. I'm not quite sure what he did. He taunted Rooney at the start, but that could be arguably light-hearter fun. Then he approached Rooney, and Rooney pushed him, getting sent off. He then winked; who was that to? Why does everyone despise him so much?

I ain't on his side btw; i just am not too sure what went on. thanks.
I think he might want to leave...:wink:

He's no sportsman - but few fotballers are.
Reply 3207
brains
We're not using him as a scapegoat, we're commenting on his behaviour, which was disgusting.

I don't think there is a scapegoat, well perhaps Sven.

yea think sven was to blame for the england performance throughout the tornement, its a stupid set up.

and he shouldnt have taken roony or walcott, he shouldnt have left out SWP defo and bent.
/\Shaz\/
I hope he dies of AIDS.

Sheesh! :eek:

But I agree with the general views expressed in this thread. What a ******! Hopefully portugal will go out next round, and he'll start crying again and we'll be laughing!!
Reply 3209
idiopathic
As for the Rooney 'foul' itself - he should have actually won a freekick from the constant kicking from the Portugese player - and even then he could have dived but he stayed on his feet. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that the step onto the Carvalho's groin was unintentional because Rooney was facing the other way and was being pulled back still.

His reaction suggested that. He got up, turned round and didn't defend himself to the ref like he has done before. He put his hands up in the air apologising, there was no intent. The first hint of anger in his face was towards Ronaldo when he confronted the ref.
aced
OK, let's get this straight. I'm not quite sure what he did. He taunted Rooney at the start, but that could be arguably light-hearter fun. Then he approached Rooney, and Rooney pushed him, getting sent off. He then winked; who was that to? Why does everyone despise him so much?

Are you an idiot?
aced

He winked to the bench because he wanted to get Rooney sent off and it worked

He was also diving continuesly throughout the whole match

And his face always looks like a prick.
Reply 3212
******* ****. ******* hate him for that. Seems to be the Portuguese style of 'football' though unfortunately, to wind up and intimidate the opposition.

Really don't like the fact that during this tournament players seem to be trying more and more to get others booked/sent off (eg Henry the other day). Ronaldo wasn't the only one, Maniche I think it was went down clutching his face when Crouch's arm went no way near him. Didn't even go down straight away, stayed up for a bit, went down, back up for a short while before rolling about on the floor again immediately followed by getting up as the ball was being put out of play.
Reply 3213
gas_panic!
Are you an idiot?

Considering I'm even responding to your post, yes. lol
tt5
Sheesh! :eek:

Just to clarify: I wasn't joking.

:biggrin:
He's hot, but that's about all he's got going for him. He's a total dick.
Reply 3216
aced

Someone explain, I can't do rationally :laugh: Anger will take over.
Reply 3217
There's just something about his personality that irritates me. Maybe a repeated stabbing would sort it out...I don't know.
He stayed within the rules but exposed the weakness of referees to impute malicious intent. I got the impression that after he rolled over four(?) times at a soft challenge the ref had warned him about his play-acting.

His complaining about Rooney was motivated by matchplay rather than morals or concern for his tema-mates kernackers, but Rooney was rightly the only man to be carded for the shebang.

>>Having said that, he's next season's hate figure around the country unless he has a better job lined up. But then most jobs look good compared to palying at MU next season. :smile:
aced

He ran to the referee to influence his decision into getting Rooney into trouble, which he succeeded at.

His wink to the dugout almost proves he was trying to get Rooney into trouble (as a kind of, "yep, did the trick").

He's a known cheat, and showed us similar antics when Portugal met England in Euro 2004.

Latest