Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Your angry we lost (naturally so) and so am I but you're looking to hit out at someone/something. You wouldn't build up rage about him any other day of the year probably so why do so now?
    I'm not angry we lost, trust me. I don't even usually watch football that much (so you're right, I wouldn't have rage against him on any other day because I don't even think about it). Plus this way I win a bet with my Dad and get some cash! To be honest, I would have reacted this way even if we had won. That wink really pissed me off, and we hadn't even lost yet.

Look, in future I'd prefer it if you didn't tell me how I felt. Especially if you're going to be so wrong about it.

ReputationRep:
    Cos he's a ****ing cheater
    work it out mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i think lenon is an incomplete package yet. he needs to work on his crossing, because that's what could have given him an advantage. i havent seen him play for spurs, but i didnt he see him attempt to cross it, so im assuming he cant :p:
    hopefully SWP and Lennon get a fair bit of rivalary for the right side of midfield with Beckham soon to retire *crosses fingers* and with that competition, both learn how to cross!
    England's squad should look good for the Euro tbh...
    in CB, got like 5 players playing for 2 positions, on the right, 3 players for one (lennon/SWP/beckham), on the left hopefully Downing some for J.Cole...
    and if we play a DM then Hargreaves vs Carrick with Gerrard vs Lampard for the 4th spot
    Weak points = up front? Owen/Rooney/Crouch/Bent?/Defoe?/Walcott? hard to see for now..
    No rival/2nd class goal keeper and perhaps both LB and RB but Bridge and Young are coming up and can only get better i hope? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I hope the scum gets what he deserves in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brains)
    It takes the edge off any great player when they cheat. And for that reason, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Maradona will never be in the same league as Pele.
    ive never looked at those likes as them being the best players... i always thought of pele whenever asked... all the games he played black and white that ive seen is just pure sportsmanship and pure passion.. a joy to watch... and yes, if rooney becomes one fo the greatest i would still think pele unless he sorts out his temper problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    I am sure your defence of him has nothing to do with that little badge in the top corner of all your posts... :p:

Anyway, leave my Amie alone. :p:
    Gee what makes you think that? :rolleyes:

I'm dissapointed in Ronaldo's actions but he didn't contribute to England's downfall so stop acting as if he did.

I'm confident Ferguson will get the two players together, shake hands, knuckle down and begin our campaign for yet another mediocre/trophyless season.

ReputationRep:
    At least your right that United will have another mediocre season

Fergie will get them together again.

Grow up people. England we're crap and we've got to except that it didn't go our way. Niether side would have gotten past the semi's.
    Shame Argentina are out isn't it?

"argentina!, argentina!"- ******s the lot of you.

ReputationRep:
    hehehe and might end up finishing fifth if rooney doesnt get on with him.. and one of them has to go (worse case scenario)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    That wink really pissed me off, and we hadn't even lost yet.
    Yes I was annoyed about that as well, presumabley a tactic Scolari devised before the match. Get Rooney p*ssed off and surround him with players straight away after.

ReputationRep:
    Defending my players. I don't like to see them fight but Ronaldo didn't contribute to our woeful performance. Stop looking for someone to blame.
    Defending Glazer players me thinks
    Ronaldo didnt contribute much to Portugal's woeful performace neither :p: but probably helped in having Rooney sent off, which had affected England :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say that the england fans were amazing! They sang their hearts out!
    By the way, rooney still hasn't scored in a world cup!

ReputationRep:
    Gee what makes you think that? :rolleyes:

I'm dissapointed in Ronaldo's actions but he didn't contribute to England's downfall so stop acting as if he did.

I'm confident Ferguson will get the two players together, shake hands, knuckle down and begin our campaign for yet another mediocre/trophyless season.
    Oh your funny....

Seems like only 5 months ago Ferguson came out and said it might have been a completely different result at Ewood Park had Ferdinand not been sent off. :rolleyes: (and that was in the 90th minute).... so who knows what might have happened in the last half hour if Ronaldo hadnt reacted to get a reaction from Rooney....

I would have thought being the undoubted loyal Man UTD fan you clearly are, you would have been at the game and seen the reaction.

Besides its not just Rooney and Ronaldo, its Rooney, Rio and Neville Vs Ronaldo....3 or 1 go in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    ^ I agree England fans were the best and it's a shame the national team didn't do well

ReputationRep:
    ronaldo has gotta go if things doesnt work out for them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I just want to say that the england fans were amazing! They sang their hearts out!
    By the way, rooney still hasn't scored in a world cup!
    well that was his first world cup (was it? :s: ) so give the guy a chance :p:

ReputationRep:
    You guys need to get to grips that just about every player in every team does exactly what Ronaldo did. He shouldnt of done it, but rooney shouldnt of pushed him eiher which looked like what got him sent off.

Alpt of this hating comes from scousers, trying to stir things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    Alpt of this hating comes from scousers, trying to stir things.
    You would have been as blind as a bat to not see that one coming....

ReputationRep:
    Really, i can only see about 5 posts in the 5 pages from the Scouse contingent on this board...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    well that was his first world cup (was it? :s: ) so give the guy a chance :p:
    Is it? Oh I forgot. When did he break his foot? Was it 2 years ago? My bad!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.