Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    P.S. Cech really showed his quality today
    Since you spoke about Cech I will comment. Jose Mourinho is playing him too many games for what he's worth. Carlo Cudicini deserves more games than he is getting and has often been better than Petr Cech. I feel that Cech is getting the games for Chelsea based on his fast-built reputation from last season. Yes he was amazing then but at times he's been the shadow of his former self this season. Same could be said about the rest of Chelsea's defence too.

ReputationRep:

The unofficial World Cup 2006 thread!

As you can imagine, it took me a fair while to do all of this (I was bored), any suggestions welcome as to what to put on this page, and I hope you all find it useful.

32 Teams competing:
    Groups:

A:
    Team
    Germany
    Costa Rica
    Poland
    Ecuador

B:
    Team
    England
    Paraguay
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Sweden

C:
    Team
    Argentina
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Netherlands

D:
    Team
    Mexico
    Iran
    Angola
    Portugal

E:
    Team
    Italy
    Ghana
    USA
    Czech Republic

F:
    Team
    Brazil
    Croatia
    Australia
    Japan

G:
    Team
    France
    Switzerland
    Korea Republic
    Togo

H:
    Team
    Spain
    Ukraine
    Tunisia
    Saudi Arabia

Host Cities:
    Berlin, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen,

Hamburg, Hannover, Kaisterslautern, Köln,

Leipzig, München, Nurnberg und Stuttgart

Opening Game:
    09-Jun-06 - Munich - GER (Germany) : CRC (Costa Rica) - 18:00

Stadia:
    Berlin, Olympiastadion, 74,220 Capacity - Picture

Dortmund, Westfalenstadion, 65,982 Capacity - Picture

Frankfurt, Waldstadion, 48,132 Capacity - Picture

Gelsenkirchen - FIFA World WM Stadion, 53,804 Capacity - Picture

Hamburg, Volksparkstadion (AOL Arena), 51,055 Capacity - Picture

Hanover, Niedersachsenstadion, 44,652 Capacity - Picture

Kaiserslautern, Fritz-Walter-Stadion, 41,170 Capacity - Picture

Köln, FIFA WM-Stadion, 46,120 Capacity - Picture

Leipzig, Zentralstadion, 44,199 Capacity - Picture

München, Allianz Arena, 66,016 Capacity - Picture

Nuremberg, Frankenstadion, 41,926 Capacity - Picture

Stuttgart, Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion, 53,200 Capacity - Picture

Tickets
    Single tickets are on offer in four price categories. The cheapest tickets for group stage matches cost €35. The most expensive seats at the group stage cost €100. The cheapest ticket for the Final costs €120 and the most expensive €600. However, unless you're a member of the official England fanclub, you are unlikely now to be able to get hold of a ticket very easily.

According to FIFA:
    The third sales period for tickets for the 2006 FIFA World Cup GermanyTM came to an end on the evening of 15 January 2006. A ballot will be made of all applications received, regardless of when they were submitted, on 31 January.

Clients whose applications were successful in the ballot of 31 January 2006, will be informed at the beginning of February.

Links
    DFB (German Football Association) Here
    (Click "English version", unless, of course, you can speak German.. )

Germany (General Information) Here

England (Football) Here

Official World Cup 2006 Website Here

Cheers,

Dan :cool:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    come on lads!

ReputationRep:
    anyone up for a sweepstake where entrants are assigned a random team for the world cup? I'll chuck in 3 months subscription for the winner.

ReputationRep:
    sounds good

ReputationRep:
    We could do a team profile or starting XI for each nation?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh nice post. You obviously have a lot of time on your hands :p:

:love:

ReputationRep:
    I think englands chances of winning it are now blown! and i am afraid to say there is only one person to blame and that is not the news of the world.

ReputationRep:
    A nice cosy place to keep all the world cup chat. Luverly.

ReputationRep:
    My predictions

A:
    1. Germany
    2. Poland
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Ecuador

B:
    1. England
    2. Sweden
    3. Paraguay
    4. Trinidad and Tobago

C:
    1. Argentina
    2. Côte d'Ivoire
    3. Netherlands
    4. Serbia and Montenegro

D:
    1. Portugal
    2. Mexico
    3. Iran
    4. Angola

E:
    1. Czech Republic
    2. Ghana
    3. Italy
    4. USA

F:
    1. Brazil
    2. Australia
    3. Croatia
    4. Japan

G:
    1. France
    2. Korea Republic
    3. Switzerland
    4. Togo

H:
    1. Spain
    2. Tunisia
    3. Ukraine
    4. Saudi Arabia

Dark horses

I think there are 3 very good African teams playing in this finals. Tunisia have alot of experience, Ghana have some excellent players, and Ivory Coast look like they have a very physical team, which I don't think the European sides can handle. The Czech Republic always look strong, although it is yet to be seen if Baros can get to Euro2004 form. Argentina are looking fantastic, and I tip Spain to overcome their big tournament voodoo this year.

ReputationRep:
    My friend I believe has just maanged to get an e-confirmation of a ticket at Germany even though he's not a member of any England Members club :confused:

In regards to predictions, same as above really apart from group C:
    1. Holland
    2. Argentina (just getting the nod ahead of Ivory Coast)
    3. Ivory Coast
    4. Serbia and Montenegro

and group H:
    1. Spain
    2. Ukraine
    3. Tunisia
    4. Saudi Arabia

Just very much looking forward to a successful 2006

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTale)
    My predictions

A:
    1. Germany
    2. Poland
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Ecuador

B:
    1. England
    2. Sweden
    3. Paraguay
    4. Trinidad and Tobago

C:
    1. Argentina
    2. Côte d'Ivoire
    3. Netherlands
    4. Serbia and Montenegro

D:
    1. Portugal
    2. Mexico
    3. Iran
    4. Angola

E:
    1. Czech Republic
    2. Ghana
    3. Italy
    4. USA

F:
    1. Brazil
    2. Australia
    3. Croatia
    4. Japan

G:
    1. France
    2. Korea Republic
    3. Switzerland
    4. Togo

H:
    1. Spain
    2. Tunisia
    3. Ukraine
    4. Saudi Arabia

Dark horses

I think there are 3 very good African teams playing in this finals. Tunisia have alot of experience, Ghana have some excellent players, and Ivory Coast look like they have a very physical team, which I don't think the European sides can handle. The Czech Republic always look strong, although it is yet to be seen if Baros can get to Euro2004 form. Argentina are looking fantastic, and I tip Spain to overcome their big tournament voodoo this year.
    Italy and Holland to go out in the first round? :confused:

IMO, the 3 best African sides are missing - Cameroon, Nigeria and Senegal, but i agree that Ivory Coast and Ghana are dangerous and they have some talented individuals. The problem is, they have been placed in the 2 hardest groups so i honestly don't see them progressing.

Czech's don't look as strong as they were in Euro 2000 or 2004 - key players are getting on a bit. Nedved is some 33 years old now and clearly not the player he once was, Poborsky is 34 and playing in the Czech second division and Koller is 33 and we don't even know if he is going to be fit for the world cup. Although players like Jankulovski, Rosicky and Baros are good, they are not World Class and are very inconsistent.

ReputationRep:
    Italy are perennial underachievers. I think Ghana will (barring any tension in the Ghanian camp) beat them; albeit narrowly. Also, I still insist Tunisia will get through group H, because they have better experience on this stage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really desperate for England and Germany to avoid each other in the early stages..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTale)
    Italy are perennial underachievers. I think Ghana will (barring any tension in the Ghanian camp) beat them; albeit narrowly. Also, I still insist Tunisia will get through group H, because they have better experience on this stage.
    I'm with you on that.

ReputationRep:
    I had a Nostradamus like dream last night that Australia beat Brazil in the group stages and that Kewell nutmegged Ronaldinho to slot in the winner in the 87th minute following Ronaldo missing from 6 yards. So go out and place your futures on a 2-1 victory at monumental odds. Dont say I didn't tell you so.

Australia's other goal was an own goal in the 11th minute from a poor backheader that caught the keeper wrongfooted. Kaka scored for Brazil from a controversial free kick right before half time.

Unfortunately, we then lost to Croatia 3-1 and did not qualify for the next stage, casuing Race Riots in melbourne similar to those seen on Cronulla beach and the movie Romper Stomper.

Italy to in the Win the World Cup following a bore draw final with France and penalty shootout - promping Henry to retire from International football after missing the crucial penalty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTale)
    Italy as perennial underachievers? I'm sorry but i think you have them confused with England or Spain. Italy have 3 World Cups to their name (only Brazil have more). They have got out of the group stage in the last 7 world cups. Theyve also reached the final at two major tournaments in recent histroy, and lost both in a very unfortunate way.

I don't see why you think Ghana will beat them?

You also contradict yourself - you think Tunisia will get through because of their better experience at the World Cup, but you also think Ghana (no experience at the WC at all) will go through over Italy (been at most WC's).

ReputationRep:
    Come on england! but if we win its going to be almost sickengly the amost of 'patriotic band wagon jumping *******s' that will appear. Cant even imagine how mad the country will go.
    Personally, i cant shy past brazil for the cup this year. Fantastic forward line, the scariest ive ever seen im my life time

ReputationRep:
    some great looking stadiums!

even got one for the thunderbirds!

Sol to start, surely? :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.