Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

It fecking wasn't Rooneys fault, did you see ronaldo's wink? Betcha portugals manager said 'don't worry, fire up Rooney and we're onto a good un'

ReputationRep:
    Ricardo sucks ****

(Original post by RobbieC)
    Wayne Rooney is not a national hero to be proud of... not when we had TERRY, GERRARD, COLES and people like that who keep their cool and worked SO DAMN HARD in this world cup to try and get to the next round. Why on Earth we invested such hope (or rather so many people did, cos I never understood the hype totally) in an overweight, angry little boy with an attitude problem I will never know.

I was absolutely incredulous that the people in the pub I was in, who were I thought watching the same game as me could be angry at Ronaldo more than Rooney for all that. He stamped on another players groin, and then got involved in a further altercation. He deserved to get sent off, and he did... Good players, especially poor old Beckham, who wont see another world cup now - who worked so hard for this effort have been undermined the whole way by the publics view of Rooney, and now this. What a total washout that small child is.

Whether we would have won without him or not, doing things like that... he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt.

Piss off Rooney.
    Oh and blame Sven, Rooney is a player worth investing hope in when properly set up!

(Original post by coolworld37)
    England lost. End of story. Deal with it, excuses will get you nowhere
    Randomer...

ReputationRep:
    Do you think a few years back we would have ever had Alan Shearer or Lineker stamping on someones groin?

NO.

Why? Because they were refined footballers, not little thugs with temper issues.

ReputationRep:
    The referee didn't react to the apparent stamp, whether it was intended or not. He reacted to the slight push which wasn't a red card offence. Ronaldo got involved in the scuffle as did a lot of other players. Rooney shouldn't be made a scapegoat as it was all wrong from the beginning. From only taking 3 strikers and a schoolboy to Carragher missing the penalty, we never looked like we could win the cup, especially with the formation and way we were playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longlivefootie)
    ^ I still think that Theo is a joke..... He didn't play at all... what was the purpose of picking him? Sven should have picked Defoe!!!

I mean, Owen with an injury, Crouchy being useless....
    and what exactly did jenas do this wc?

Do you think a few years back we would have ever had Alan Shearer or Lineker stamping on someones groin?

NO.

Why? Because they were refined footballers, not little thugs with temper issues.
    See what you want, why would he do that on purpose? We had alot to lose and the ref was in plain sight! Rooney was sent off unfairly, the card was for shoving Ronaldo - it was blatant.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't Ronaldo that cost us the world cup, it was Sven and his moronic tactics

ReputationRep:
    but to be honest

rooney is englands salvation... and damnation

ReputationRep:
    Someone in this thread has already paraphrased England's dressing room - and it was for the stamp.

If he had been stamped on by Carvalho, you'd all be calling for his head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by longlivefootie)
    ^ I still think that Theo is a joke..... He didn't play at all... what was the purpose of picking him? Sven should have picked Defoe!!!

I mean, Owen with an injury, Crouchy being useless....
    Don;t call theo a joke. It;s not his fault that Sven chose him. Blame Sven not the poor kid!:mad:

ReputationRep:

NO.

No but you would have seen Shearer elbowing every defender in sight in the head.

ReputationRep:
    true.... it was for the stamp clearly.. the referee no doubt saw it.. not the shove because i know the referee wouldnt be that lame if ever he was lame

Someone in this thread has already paraphrased England's dressing room - and it was for the stamp.

If he had been stamped on by Carvalho, you'd all be calling for his head.
    ...he didn't stamp on him though, he moved his foot after theyd fallen, why did the ref wait so long to card? Maybe a yellow at worst but I reckon the shove bought the red.

ReputationRep:
    throughout the whole game i havent seen one england player sarcastically rolling on the floor when clearly he wasnt hurt

ReputationRep:
    wellp, a stamp on the groin maybe the ref sympathised.. i think it was even on the family jewells.. .LOL but nevertheless... its sad =(

ReputationRep:
    if roony got sent off for stamping then it didnt matter wat ronaldo said to make roony push him.

i didnt get the wink tho, what was that about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    It wasn't Ronaldo that cost us the world cup, it was Sven and his moronic tactics
    yea thats one of the things. also the fact that they could only score 1/4 penalties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w8wizz)
    if roony got sent off for stamping then it didnt matter wat ronaldo said to make roony push him.

i didnt get the wink tho, what was that about?
    Ronaldo winked at his coach to say that his plan worked perfectly to try and get Rooney wound up to try and get him sent off. I really do wonder what Ronaldo told Rooney. I wonder if Rooney will come out and say what it was that bugged him so much (and perhaps disgrace Ronaldo)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.