The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
What if...

what if rooney didnt break his leg, what if he didnt get a red, what if C. Ronaldo wasnt a .... if they beat france im not gonna watch the final. They've just kicked out my two national teams. The dutch (a blood bath) and the English.
I am tipping France to win now... whilst i hate the french, they are sadly far less scummier than any of the other 3 remaining teams. So they get my backing...

I presume Rooney will now miss at least the first 2 European Championship qualifiers now through suspension? :confused:
Reply 3542
Our best hope of a great final now is France v Germany. I don't want to see another blood bath with players being sent off left right and centre as would likely happen in a game involving Portugal.
Reply 3543
Germany v. France for the final all the way! It's our best hope of seeing a clean and fair contest with an exciting match to boot :smile:
Reply 3544
Absolutely. These days he is a calming influence on the team that always gives 110% for his country. His free kicks are legendary and if it's our only way to score goals in matches, his inclusion is warranted for that alone.
If Beckham wasn't such a pretty boy, would there be so much support for him? He's the Anna Kournakova of football imo...I wonder how his career would have panned out if he looked like Martin Keown (no offense keown, I'm trying to think of as unglamourous a player as possible).
Reply 3546
Beckham what a player hey, all he does in major tournaments is strip for cameras and pick up money and then his big tits victoria juust sits there watchin im. He's neva had 1 decent torunament and yet the slow coach still goes on playin.

Lampard has cost us the wc imo. He might have the most shots at the wc but im sorry hes fat and overrated. we need to get rid of im im afraid but will we.

Ronaldo- what a freak, ive alwyas admired im as a player but now im sorry hes a wind up. Tday are the real elections and e cud be on his way to madrid. what do fellow mancs make of this??

Carrick- one postivie thing for utd fans is now we can get carrick hopefully but we still need another mid. Mascherano of argie maybe??
ciderpeter
I am tipping France to win now... whilst i hate the french, they are sadly far less scummier than any of the other 3 remaining teams. So they get my backing...

I presume Rooney will now miss at least the first 2 European Championship qualifiers now through suspension? :confused:

Yeah he'll probably be out. I reckon Mclaren will make a few changes to Sven's squad to show that he had nothing to do with England's failure.

I want France to win so Zidane can retire as single-handedly winning the WC for France- he deserves it. (btw, did anyone else see Henry clutch his head in the corner when the Brazillian defender's high foot missed by a mile).
Why all the analysis? I
Why all the analysis? Rooney is a God - nothing more needs to be said
I agree with you on Beckham - but does Victoria really have big tits - if so I have missed them! Beckham is only good for showing the off the new gilette razor or, he showed better skill on the pepsi advert than he did on the pitch.

Lampard didn't lose us the World Cup - we lost it for ourselves we were sub-standard - you can't really argue against that - also our manager added to our downfall - anyone care to explain with Theo Walcott was there instead of Defoe? Or WTF was with our tactics - it was all negative - if i doubt pass backwards and pass to the goal keeper - play deep! What the hell was that about - England made yesterday's match defensive when it should have been offensive.

And Ronaldo is scum - pure and simple. That wink, its bloody disgraceful and his tactics throughout the game - dive, dive, dive, dive and run screaming to the ref. Piece of s**t.
Reply 3551
RAYPLETTS
Why all the analysis? Rooney is a God - nothing more needs to be said

Rooney did **** all yesterday we actually did better with crouch up front in that game he did his job, (held the ball up) and in the circumstances did it very well. If we had 11 men still without rooney we may have won yesterday.
Reply 3552
Sharpshooter
That's bs, he was going anyway. Referee wasn't going to change his mind about a stamp, an attempted ball-winning tackle maybe, but for violent conduct no chance. Ronaldo didn't really even say anything, just ran up and pointed to the floor, he didn't wave his arms around asking for a card.

Funny that the ref only got a card out as soon as Rooney pushed Ronaldo...not that I'm saying it's not Rooney's fault, but I don't think he would have got a red card from the tackle alone.

Referees should start carding when players surround them IMO, he's got 2 linesman and a 4th (and 5th) official - he doesn't need a bunch of players surrounding him and trying to tell him how to do his job.
Reply 3553
I hardly think it is Rooney's fault we lost. He has a temper, but it is his passion and determination which make him so good. We have to take the good with the bad. And don't forget that he is still young, he will mellow out as he gets older.

We lost because we're terrible at penalties; the same reason as always! If anything, Rooney's sending off resulted in England putting a lot more effort into the game and subsiquently, I thought, playing better than when Rooney was still on the pitch.

I also thought Aaron Lennon played exceptionally well. He's one of the only players that can actually run past people. Something the team was lacking before his entrance.
Reply 3554
how can u not say victoria doesnt have large ones theyre bloody melons!, beckham has been crap. always.

roandlo ye wat a piece of dirt. y did carragher have a pen when we ad crouch,rio and cole hu are all gr8 pen takers??

sven wat a piece of crap!
Reply 3555
potter
Beckham what a player hey, all he does in major tournaments is strip for cameras and pick up money and then his big tits victoria juust sits there watchin im. He's neva had 1 decent torunament and yet the slow coach still goes on playin.

Lampard has cost us the wc imo. He might have the most shots at the wc but im sorry hes fat and overrated. we need to get rid of im im afraid but will we.

Ronaldo- what a freak, ive alwyas admired im as a player but now im sorry hes a wind up. Tday are the real elections and e cud be on his way to madrid. what do fellow mancs make of this??

Carrick- one postivie thing for utd fans is now we can get carrick hopefully but we still need another mid. Mascherano of argie maybe??

Are you completely ignorant or something? Obviously haven't seen David Beckham in past tournaments, why else do you think he is our captain? He's not great now i agree, but to say he's never had a good tournament :rolleyes:

Lampard- Man, you are an idiot! How on earth did he cost us the world cup? Presume you have never watched any of these england matches?

But yeah, Ronaldo, he's a cock.
Reply 3556
Klinsmannic
Yeah he'll probably be out. I reckon Mclaren will make a few changes to Sven's squad to show that he had nothing to do with England's failure.

I want France to win so Zidane can retire as single-handedly winning the WC for France- he deserves it. (btw, did anyone else see Henry clutch his head in the corner when the Brazillian defender's high foot missed by a mile).
Zidane has already single-handedly won the WC for France once. I want the Germans to win it.
How far into the game was the Henry head-clutching?
potter

Pisses me off how everyone thinks they're an expert with hindsight. Would you drop him when you seen his form for Chelsea?
Lofty
Are you completely ignorant or something? Obviously haven't seen David Beckham in past tournaments, why else do you think he is our captain? He's not great now i agree, but to say he's never had a good tournament :rolleyes:

Lampard- Man, you are an idiot! How on earth did he cost us the world cup? Presume you have never watched any of these england matches?

I don't remember him having any good tournaments. As I've said earler, if Beckham looked like Martin Keown he'd be out on his ear by now.

Lampard was better than Beckham, but his finishing and decision-making in the final 3rd was very poor imo. Most of his Chelsea goals are either deflections or pens, and he couldn't even do that yesterday.
That's the first time I think I've seen Lamps hit a penalty to the right. Normally he goes left

Latest