Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    Gee I wonder what sort of example Shearer is to children anyway, when things don't go your way, go beat somebody up.

ReputationRep:
    Is this about Alan Shearer?

By the way have you seen the front of The Sun?? Has Rooney actually said he'll split him in two??

ReputationRep:
    No but The Sun insists he does.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...410044,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm :rolleyes: Not the most reliable source :laugh: Anyway, what goes around comes around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brains)
    Is this about Alan Shearer?

By the way have you seen the front of The Sun?? Has Rooney actually said he'll split him in two??

no their usual top fa source and insider has said that.

ReputationRep:
    And The Mirror...

Wayne Rooney last night sensationally accused Cristiano Ronaldo of deliberately getting him sent off - as England crashed out of the World Cup against Portugal after a nerve-shredding penalty shoot-out.

He revealed that his Manchester United team-mate spoke to him just before the game and said: "I am going to get you sent off."

Rooney, in tears and raging, told fellow players in the dressing room: "I can never play with him again. I am going to ****ing sort him out."

ReputationRep:
    lol thanx brains!!....im glad sumone agrees with me!

ReputationRep:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/worl...1811719,00.html

There has been talk that Wayne Rooney plans to "split Cristiano Ronaldo in two" when he next sees him after the Portugal winger's apparent involvement in the red card Rooney was shown as Portugal defeated England in the World Cup quarter-final on Saturday. But Ronaldo himself says there is no ill feeling between the pair - Manchester United team-mates - and that they have been in contact since the end of the match.

Despite some reports suggesting the Portuguese star would be forced to leave United because of the bust-up, which flared after Rooney stamped on Ricardo Carvalho during the match, Ronaldo insists the air has been well and truly cleared.
    "The things that have been said regarding me and my team-mate and friend Rooney are incredible," he said. "Between me and Rooney, there is absolutely no problem. I reiterate, no problem. At the end of the game, we sent each other some text messages and also today.

"Between the two of us everything has been cleared. He wished me the best of luck in the World Cup. He told me we had a great team and that if we continued to play like this, we would go far. He wasn't angry with me and moreover, he told me to completely ignore what the English press has said, that all they wanted was to create confusion but we are already used to that."

As well as shrugging off suggestions that he was responsible for the red card shown to Rooney, saying, "I am not a referee," Ronaldo has played-down talk that he is keen to leave United for Real Madrid.

"There have been comments published in which I reportedly said that I didn't want to go back to Manchester United," he said. "That is completely false, of course I want to go back. It's just typical of the English press but I don't lose any sleep."

ReputationRep:
    Well who do we believe? I guess we'll see as things unfold

ReputationRep:
    well the guardian article is highly more believable than the **** the sun and the mirror come up with.

ReputationRep:
    hope he get away soon !!
    Though i read somewher that man utd didnt want him to go now..

ReputationRep:
    Official statement from Wayne Rooney please

ReputationRep:
    asif ronaldo could come out with a word like "reiterate" lol

(Original post by jaggysnake)
    Martin jol doesnt think it was a sending off, it clearly was, he wanted england to win after portugal beat holland.
    Alan shearer thinks no england players have ever gone to the ref or dived or anything, and is working for the BBC.
    I doubt gerrard did see it, he's probably been told, it's a nice like excuse for him after his poor performance.
    Yeah, we'll ignore all these deeply respected professionals of the game, and listen to you shall we? You know it all. You know more about football than all of them?

(Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Doesn't even like Man U, should go **** off, entirely none of his business. Has never said anything decent about our club. EVER.

See #2
    Oh behave yourself kid.

Alan Shearer is respected by everyone in the game. He can say what ever he likes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Yeah, we'll ignore all these deeply respected professionals of the game, and listen to you shall we? You know it all. You know more about football than all of them?
    erm no, but their words should hardly be taken as gospel should they? and I'm sure you'd disagree with some things they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn7)
    asif ronaldo could come out with a word like "reiterate" lol
    Ummm I assumed they translated it from Portuguese :p:

ReputationRep:
    First there's problems between Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy, now Ronaldo and Rooney.

HMMMMMMMMMM

ReputationRep:
    Somehow I feel less outnumbered.

The point I was making earlier in posting the reactions of Jol, Gerrard and Shearer was indeed that their opinions count for ten of mine or yours

ReputationRep:
    I've got a shoulder ache

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.