Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    Potentially Ferdinand would be good in the centre of midfield but he hasn't got enough experience there for the World Cup. He did well against Wolves but what about Brazil?

Sven should just tell Gerrard that he either plays a holding role or he's dropped for someone like Carrick. Gerrard's a great player but he's got to be disciplined - he can't play in the same role for England as he does for Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Gk - Robinson

RB - Neville
    LB - Cole
    CB - Ferdinand
    CB - Terry

RMF - Beckham
    LMF - Gerrard
    CMF - Carrick (Only if Sven adopts this formation for the friendlies building up to the WC)
    CMF - Lampard

FWD - Owen
    FWD - Rooney

ReputationRep:
    The Squad
    1P.Robinson
    2G.Nevile
    3Ashley Cole
    4S.Gerrard
    5R.Ferdinand
    6J.Terry
    7D.Beckham
    8F.Lampard
    9W.Rooney
    10M.Owen
    11J.Cole

12J.Carrager
    13N.Martyn
    14L.Young
    15M.Carrick
    16J Jenas
    17L.King
    18S.Wright Philips/Aaron Lennon
    19S.Campbell/J Woodgate
    20W.Bridge
    21D.Bent
    22J.Defoe/Jason Roberts?
    23C.Kirkland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Given some of his recent preformances, surely Wes Brown should be in with a shout of making the squad
    I hope that is some kind of joke?
    Anyway my XI england team..
    GK: Robinson
    LB: Ashley cole
    rb: Gary neville
    CB: Terry
    CB: Carragher
    LM: J.Cole
    RM: Gerrard
    CM:Lampard
    CM: Carrick/Beckham you just dont see past beckhams passin ability
    CF: Rooney
    ST: Owen

Subs: Green,Ferdinand,SWP,Crouch,Carri ck
    Players to travel: Barton,Kirkland,Cambell,Defoe,Br idge,King,Ferdinand PLEASE NO HARGEAVES SVEN!! WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HIM

We seem to have a number of defenders playing well at the moment, which is good. Ferdinand, Terry (may be better if his arms were chopped off, the Prem ref's don't notice, but the WC ones might :p:), Carragher, Wes Brown, Ashley Cole, Gary Neville, and I suppose Campbell should be included, tho at the moment there are better players.
    Rio's got the comedy value of Calamity James atm, when they finally up and quit, the clown profession sorely needs them. Campbell and Brown shouldn't be let anywhere near the first team (if on the plane at all), and you've left out King. Carra needs to get into gear in an England shirt if he wants a chance, and Terry'd make a pretty solid 'Goal Defense'. On paper we should have an ace defense, quite different on pitch. I'm not even going to speculate on who'll make the trip, because I know that Sven'll inevitably disappoint me.

ReputationRep:
    On Paper we have the best defence in the world tournament. But football is played on grass, and then its a diffrent matter. Terrys Goalkeeping skills will be picked up by a WC ref, Once again cambells inadequecy will be proven, carragher just cant seem to get going for england games (i suppose playing LB and RB doesnt help) Only solid defender who gives it consistently (bar keeper terry) is cole and hes gona make sure hes injury free to be at his sharpest. Odds on crouch top goalscorer anyone?

(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    On Paper we have the best defence in the world tournament. But football is played on grass, and then its a diffrent matter. Terrys Goalkeeping skills will be picked up by a WC ref, Once again cambells inadequecy will be proven, carragher just cant seem to get going for england games (i suppose playing LB and RB doesnt help) Only solid defender who gives it consistently (bar keeper terry) is cole and hes gona make sure hes injury free to be at his sharpest. Odds on crouch top goalscorer anyone?
    Well Terry's been as bad as Rio has for England recently, for me. Just loses the plot completely; positioning, whatever. There're a fair few players in the set up I just don't rate atm. Rooney, Gerrard, Robinson, Lampard, the fullbacks and Joe Cole aside, every other position should be up for grabs. Throw a certain Swede into the mix, that won't be the case as we all know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by md_red_uk)
    Gk - Robinson

RB - Neville
    LB - Cole
    CB - Ferdinand
    CB - Terry

RMF - Beckham
    LMF - Gerrard
    CMF - Carrick (Only if Sven adopts this formation for the friendlies building up to the WC)
    CMF - Lampard

FWD - Owen
    FWD - Rooney

You've still got Andy Cole at left back mate:confused:

ReputationRep:
    the whole andy/ashley/joe/carlton cole thing was never funny/witty/interesting. please stop it.....
    on another note, are there any coles i've missed out... must be surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toscar)
    the whole andy/ashley/joe/carlton cole thing was never funny/witty/interesting. please stop it.....
    on another note, are there any coles i've missed out... must be surely?
    It wasn't meant to be funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    It wasn't meant to be funny
    Then why do you keep posting it over and over again? One post we can forgive but it's just annoying now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Then why do you keep posting it over and over again? One post we can forgive but it's just annoying now.
    You do get warning points you know for duplicate posts. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    in any case, andy cole retired from international football in 2002, so he wouldn't be in the squad anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know I missed King out, I was thinking along the lines of him going as a DM.

As for the inclusion of Wes Brown, why not? He has been involved with England before his unlucky string of injuries, and since coming back has, IMO, been just as good, if not better, as Rio. Things could all change wih injuries and Sol by then tho.

As for the inclusion of Wes Brown, why not? He has been involved with England before his unlucky string of injuries, and since coming back has, IMO, been just as good, if not better, as Rio. Things could all change wih injuries and Sol by then tho.
    A good game against a poor team, a poor game against a good team. That's what we're judging King as DM thus far. As for Brown, I know how gifted he is, but he's never made it for me thanks to injuries and the like messing up his career. There's no doubt that Sven'll pick the gruesome twosome to start no matter what. It's just, on current form, I see Carragher or King as better subordinates than Sol or Wes Brown.

ReputationRep:

Well thats not technically a hard feat of late is it?
    I think if im honest this is the team 'celeb hungry' Sven will pick though
    --------------robinson----------------
    Neville-----terry--rio----------ashley cole
    ----------------------------------------
    Beckham-------Gerrard---lampard-----J.cole
    --------------Owen---rooney

And that ****ing hargeaves will be on the bench :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Potentially Ferdinand would be good in the centre of midfield but he hasn't got enough experience there for the World Cup. He did well against Wolves but what about Brazil?

Sven should just tell Gerrard that he either plays a holding role or he's dropped for someone like Carrick. Gerrard's a great player but he's got to be disciplined - he can't play in the same role for England as he does for Liverpool.
    I think talk of Ferdinand in midfield on the back of a not-poor performance against a 3rd rate team is ludicrous - and insulting to the likes of Carrick/Gerrard/Lampard/Whoever who are genuinely top class there. As for Gerrards position - ive heard people propose that Lampard be dropped to bench and used as an impact sub to allow Gerrard ( who is a far superior player all round ) to play the role he plays with Liverpool and this is something i think would work. Not that i think Svennis has the tactical nous to try anything so different - his ridiculous disregard for the likes of Carrick and Parker means neither has been given the chance to even gain a familiarity with the role in the England team.

ReputationRep:
    And that ****ing hargeaves will be on the bench :mad:
    Amen to that . I think a place in the history books as the successor to Carlton Palmer may await him.

ReputationRep:
    Has he even started a game for england? he must be gettin splinters on that bench all the time

ReputationRep:
    Has he even started a game for england? he must be gettin splinters on that bench all the time
    shockingly , he started against argentina in the 2002world cup , but got subbed ...phew

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.