The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sharpshooter
So The Sun prints Urs Meier's email address and website, since he was apparantly to blame for England's poor performances and everyone thought that was cool. Ended up recieving death threats and was forced into an early retirement, no biggie though.

Cristiano Ronaldo gets his face printed on a dartboard, forced to leave the country because he was to blame for England's poor performances, probably recieve more death threats, apparantly that's cool too.

So, two years down the road, what's the hate mob going to do in 2008 when we get knocked out again? The ref ones been used up, johnny foreigner probably too after this tournament. Maybe one of our own now? I mean it's getting so repetitive it's unbelievable.

The way this country's going I'm beginning to fear what some extremists might do. It's not to long before we see and Andreas Escobar incident happen in this country. Death is reality when you deal with papers like the sun.

Note how The Sun is always involved in anything like this. Then look at the type of people who read The Sun, and voila; there's the root of the problem.

I hate to make generalisations about anything, but as far as England fans are concerned, I think they are justified. :cool:

I'd like to be able to say (and I used to believe) that the majority of England fans aren't small-minded, bigoted twerps - but sadly with every unsuccessful tournament that goes past, it becomes clearer that it's not true.

And it's pointless trying to tell people like that that no single person is to blame, because they lack the power of rational thought. I wouldn't be surprised if what you said in bold comes true one day. England fans now seem to be capable of anything.
The diving little baby deserves everything he gets..
AYE

Alpt of this hating comes from scousers, trying to stir things.

Fool.
charna
lol....its funny how you people are soo biased nobody actually cares that rooney actually stepped in the mans balls......pathetic little boy

I hope they are swollen. The owner of those balls is a ****.
I don't like what Ronaldo did at all. And I've made my feelings about him known.

But you can't blame him for England's inability to take penalties or score against an under-strength team in 120 minutes of football.

Just accept that we weren't good enough, and move on.
Cortez
In the game against Portugal i thought Crouch was **** :confused: Everytime he got the ball he seemed to lose control of it and let it go to the opposition .. its like his legs are too long!

:rolleyes:
I suggest you watch the match again. Crouch was magnificent when he came on.
I dont remember him giving the ball away no more than 2 times even though he was continually bombarded with long balls straight from a goal kick. His touch was great and he started a lot of attacks of.
calderstonesLFC
:rolleyes:
I suggest you watch the match again. Crouch was magnificent when he came on.
I dont remember him giving the ball away no more than 2 times even though he was continually bombarded with long balls straight from a goal kick. His touch was great and he started a lot of attacks of.

Yes, he held the ball up well. He did great with the service he was given. Actually earned a lot of my respect in that match :smile:
jeff's_dead
I don't like what Ronaldo did at all. And I've made my feelings about him known.

But you can't blame him for England's inability to take penalties or score against an under-strength team in 120 minutes of football.

Just accept that we weren't good enough, and move on.

Well firstly- not many people are saying he was the reason we lost. Only over reactionary plastic mayoo ***** like sharpshooter are.

p.s. we were understrength as well.
Waaay another Crouch fan..
Im a crouch fan till i die..a crouch fan till i die..i know i am..im sure i am..Im a crouch fan till i die :wink:
To sum up Ronaldo's ability....

Reply 3810
Rooney says 'no hard feelings' towards Ronaldo apparently - so if he can forgive and forget......Ronaldo's hardly the only football player to behave on the dodgy side. The beautiful game my arse.
^^ :rofl:
Even though I like Ronaldo :embarasse
gas_panic!
p.s. we were understrength as well.

p.s. So were Portugal.
Apparantly Rooney isn't angry but dissapointed he got involved, but there is not hard feelings.

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=400401&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=13&title=Rooney+pleads+his+innocence

Clears this up at the bottom of the article.
Reply 3814
Disappointment is a powerful emotion. I wonder how much Rooney was allowed to say and how much was written for him. Anyway I still don't like Ronaldo and hate him for what he did but if Roo can deal with it... Don't think it'll change the reaction Ronaldo will get around the country though.
Everyone is saying Rooney would 'knock Ronaldo out'. But surely, if those two had a fight, Rooney would get knocked out?
Have you seen Ronaldos' physique?
brains
Disappointment is a powerful emotion. I wonder how much Rooney was allowed to say and how much was written for him. Anyway I still don't like Ronaldo and hate him for what he did but if Roo can deal with it... Don't think it'll change the reaction Ronaldo will get around the country though.

He can get booed everywhere else, but I don't want him booed at home matches.
Reply 3817
calderstonesLFC
I hope they are swollen. The owner of those balls is a ****.

:eek: erm.......ok im just going to stay out of this topic.
Reply 3818
HAHA just got negative rep for one of the mildest posts I've written. Priceless :rofl:
I dunno, the booing from the home fans would create more of an atmosphere than normal at OT. :wink:

Latest