Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G-MaN)
    wat did ronaldo say 2 rooney in his ear? when he was talkin to pauleta?

some1 must know
    I expect some light hearted banter, similar to what they were doing in the tunnel

ReputationRep:
    I'm in full support of Ronaldo's actions. I think he's a cool cat. Rooney's an idiot. Can't play football properly, and looks like a monkey. His little ears make him look like a five year old. His wife/girlfriend is horrible to look at as well. Basically, Rooney is the epitome of what it means to be British.

ReputationRep:
    who gives a ****
    england are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussy123)
    who gives a ****
    england are out.
    I like your sensitivity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    I like your sensitivity.
    Please tell me you don't actually care.

ReputationRep:
    It was Sven's fault. He implemented bad tactics.

We should have played 4-4-2 against Portugal. Rooney partly got wound up because playing up front on his own got him pissed off. Rooney's best position is just behind the front man, like Bergkamp used to play.

Also some players didn't perform well. Lampard certainly didn't reproduce his Chelsea form. Terry looked average at times.

And why in the **** did he pick Walcott?! Because wenger said so?! :rolleyes: :confused: You don't select someone who has never played Premiership football before in a squad. Defoe should have been the fourth striker.

There were SOME positives though. Lennon played well at times. Rio was solid and dependable.

ReputationRep:
    Not a hope

ReputationRep:
    My reaction to the above suggestion...

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    They honestly dont have the players to win...
    The wingers are their strength but they are poor in the box so allllllll the wingers just pretty much always try and cut in and go for glory

ReputationRep:
    ahaha nope I actually don't.

ReputationRep:
    The whole "{x amount of} words" thing never flatters the character who is saying it.

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people actually blame Ronaldo for Rooney's red card. If a portugese stamped on an England players knackers then you'd hate that player, but because Rooney did it, some of you try and shift the blame onto someone looking out for their team mates. I'm sure if someone stamped on your knackers you'd want them sent off for it.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point actually, must have hurt like hell.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to point out, not all of us blame Ronaldo for Rooney's red card. Some of us dislike Ronaldo for separate reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I expect some light hearted banter, similar to what they were doing in the tunnel
    http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html
    "He revealed that his Manchester United team-mate spoke to him just before the game and said: "I am going to get you sent off.""
    It's the Sunday Mirror, so it's not entirely reliable. Couple that with the fact that no-one else seems to have reported on that, i'm not sure if i believe it.
    Whatever it was, Pauleta and Ronaldo were the ones that found it hilarious. Rooney looked distinctly unimpressed. Actually, he looked pretty pissed off. Not the kind of reaction you'd get from light hearted banter

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but we all know Rooney's a gimp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html
    "He revealed that his Manchester United team-mate spoke to him just before the game and said: "I am going to get you sent off.""
    It's the Sunday Mirror, so it's not entirely reliable. Couple that with the fact that no-one else seems to have reported on that, i'm not sure if i believe it.
    Whatever it was, Pauleta and Ronaldo were the ones that found it hilarious. Rooney looked distinctly unimpressed. Actually, he looked pretty pissed off. Not the kind of reaction you'd get from light hearted banter
    Rooney told Ronaldo not to believe anything he reads in the English press, I dont think anyone should :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    I can't believe people actually blame Ronaldo for Rooney's red card. If a portugese stamped on an England players knackers then you'd hate that player, but because Rooney did it, some of you try and shift the blame onto someone looking out for their team mates. I'm sure if someone stamped on your knackers you'd want them sent off for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGXK-QHawtg

Listen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Rooney told Ronaldo not to believe anything he reads in the English press, I dont think anyone should :rolleyes:
    Notice how i said the Sunday Mirror isn't a reliable source?:rolleyes: It really doesn't look like friendly banter to me. Friendly banter would possibly result in a smile from Rooney, or at least not a pissed off expression, right?

Edit: In fact not even Ronaldo is smiling. How friendly is that? At least Pauleta's enjoying himself

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.