Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    its quite funny, not sure if it deserves a .com tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    Lover 21, the problem is they appreciate this country too much. They reckon that because it's the England team, they must be bloody brilliant or something.
    That doesn't change the fact that C Ronaldo is a diving, injury feigning cheat who tries to persuade the ref to send players off

ReputationRep:
    England lost, get over it! If it was france that beat England then I'm sure everyone here would have been bad mouthing them, its quite typical. Our midfield let us down big time (except Joe cole and Lennon) so I'd blame them..or maybe the manager.

Think about it, if portugal do win it this time then atleast we can say we got kicked out by the champions. Imagine how bad we would look if France beats them 5-0 and we couldnt even score 1 past them..even on penalties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    That doesn't change the fact that C Ronaldo is a diving, injury feigning cheat who tries to persuade the ref to send players off
    Heheh don't worry about it I was only kidding about Ronaldo beforehand (but meant every word about Rooney). The Italians are like that as well... maybe they're just trained to win at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Byronic)
    I'm not blind. Hargreaves was exceptional. The rest were ****. (Alright Crouch was OK)
    Nah, I think Lennon played well too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comment from the site)
    Dear "ihateronaldo",
    I was delighted to find your website (I was directed to it by a number of friends) and I would like to state my complete endorsement of your cause.
    I am a primary school teacher and today, in a straw poll, 25 of my 29 Year 5 pupils answered "yes" to the question "would you like to see Cristiano Ronaldo die a peasant's death?"

If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Tim
    Crikey. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    my new hero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOU32...ronaldo%20foul
    That was a dive:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemby!)
    i don't know if any sarcasm is in that post (seeing as no one wants italy to win) but hurrah !!! :cool:
    i dunno what world you are living in, but lots of people around europe want to see italy win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    i dunno what world you are living in, but lots of people around europe want to see italy win.
    Like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    England lost, get over it! If it was france that beat England then I'm sure everyone here would have been bad mouthing them, its quite typical. Our midfield let us down big time (except Joe cole and Lennon) so I'd blame them..or maybe the manager.

Think about it, if portugal do win it this time then atleast we can say we got kicked out by the champions. Imagine how bad we would look if France beats them 5-0 and we couldnt even score 1 past them..even on penalties
    Lennon? Give the lad a chance! He's only twenty and he's been chucked in at the deep end. He's done well, i thought, his delivery isn't great, but he caused a relative amount of havoc down the right when he came on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbochargedk)
    Rooney cool with him!? I quote Rooney who said "I will tear him in half". Very cool with him! Judging by the pre-match interviews when English players were shown saying that they though Ronaldo's crying to the ref 'a low move, the type which we don't need to see in football.' I don't think they were very cool with it either.
    I need a source, b'coz i've read differently

(Original post by Batman)
    This is just pathetic.. England are out once again. Let the excuses and the blaming begin!

You know what- you really are the first person to say that!!!!11!!

I want italy to win. Only because i hate them the least out of all the teams left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    I want italy to win. Only because i hate them the least out of all the teams left.
    Same with me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, they're called "Italians"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Indeed, they're called "Italians"
    HAHAHAHAHAHA - YOU'RE FUNNY!

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA - YOU'RE FUNNY!
    I can't help it

ReputationRep:
    I love the way Alan Shearer blatantly gets told to shut up in his ear phone after mentioning Rooney "sticking one on" Ronaldo. Footballs dog eat dog, Ronaldo probably was abit out of line, but if this had been the opposite way round, no one would care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    That was a dive:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Er... Ronaldo got a stud to the thigh there mate. Must have hurt. Watch it again and freeze-frame it on the 20th second (out of 28).

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say this, but it looks like a long time before we even get close to winning. Sven's decisions were balmy, especially playing for penalties which is suicidal. I can't think of once when we've ever won on penalties. And the way the team seem to plough on doing things the hard way when it's obvious it's having no effect. You would think that after four laboured matches, they would have realised the 'long ball to striker and pray for luck' strategy clearly doesn't work. Thank goodness Beckham got the free kick in, I was beggining to wonder if he had ever actually scored before.

At least we have some time before the next round of dissapointment, the squad at present seems to have been reduced to some dehydrated midfielders and a 17-year old who has never actually played football in his life or something.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.