Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    I think only subs don't have that banner
    Hmm..So how am i supposed to read the topics it hides :mad:

(Original post by Sharpshooter)
    See this is why England are NEVER going to win anything.

Blame it all on a scapegoat instead of looking at the grassroots and problems of the manager/team.
    Look, i'm sick of saying this- Most england fans realise that the managment team is ****- the F.A are clueless buffoons- grassroots is not good because blokes just tell the kids to hoof it and not to 'muck around' doing tricks. WE ALL KNOW THIS. But i for one am glad portugal out because they (and ronaldo in particular as demonstrated again tonight) are a bunch of dishonest cheats- the worst team for it at the world cup (with the dutch as their only competitor fot this title).

But you have got to admit that this photo is a right touch:

big poof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Hmm..So how am i supposed to read the topics it hides :mad:
    Be flirty with loaded-fit girls who will sub you?

:hmmmm:

Ad blocker or something?

ReputationRep:
    Im using firefox, it comes with an Adblocker..I think.
    Time to go find that loaded-fit girl..

ReputationRep:
    A bit like your very own italy team. Reaching the final in a very poor WC.
    Henry is no way overhyped. He is constantly the top goalscorer in the premership, and chips in with his fair share of assists. It is hardly his fault he doesnt suit Frances style of play.
    Erm there was no hype about the italian team this time round, at least not as much as 2002.

Please don't try and belittle our achievemnt - just take a look at the QF list - Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England etc. all the big teams were there. If you want a poor WC, then look at 2002.

Yes he's good in the prem, same way Totti is good in Serie A. However i can realise that Totti is overhyped, yet you cant seem to accept that Henry is overhyped.

What a pathetic reason you gave about Henry. Great players can adapt - obviously Henry is not that great if he cant adapt. Also, i dont see how France is not suited to Henrys style? The manager has done everything he can to try and help Henry (playing him with Trez/Saha or on his own)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    'Henry gets touched its a foul' Why do you get that impression?

He didnt playact today

A forward/striker cant really carry a team, it has to come from Midfield
    err yes they can. Baggio carried us in 94 remember? Romario also for Brazil that year? Vieri in 98 and 02?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Please don't try and belittle our achievemnt - just take a look at the QF list - Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England etc. all the big teams were there. If you want a poor WC, then look at 2002.
    Im not belitting it, but if you think this WC has been high quality and im talking the quality of football and not the teams left in it your dillusional.

ReputationRep:
    Yes he's good in the prem, same way Totti is good in Serie A. However i can realise that Totti is overhyped, yet you cant seem to accept that Henry is overhyped.
    Er 41 goals and 4th in the champions league goal scoring list, 2 behind Shevcheko and Ruud who you would expect him to overtake. Thats not bad considering Arsenal have been a weak force in Europe. That is more than just good in the prem

ReputationRep:
    From what i can remember;

defender miskicked, landed on the floor, henry ran into the guys legs. i didn't think it deserved a penalty.. although i look forward to the replay.

ReputationRep:
    Im not belitting it, but if you think this WC has been high quality and im talking the quality of football and not the teams left in it your dillusional.
    Very true, but Italy have played some of the best football in the entire tournament.

ReputationRep:
    well the KO stages have been cagey, that doesnt mean the quality of football has been poor. Perhaps you are confusing quality of football with entertainment?

ReputationRep:
    err yes they can. Baggio carried us in 94 remember? Romario also for Brazil that year? Vieri in 98 and 02?
    Er Baggio was missing before the knockout stages, you were lucky to qualify

I would hardly say Romario was a 1 man team, all the other player played a significant part

You only reached the quarters in 98, not even quarters in 2002, hardly carrying a team

ReputationRep:
    And he came up big in big games, carried them with five great crucial goals despite not being fully fit. Then there's his wondegoal in 90. Henry aint in Baggios class imo, great though he is

ReputationRep:
    Henry is no way overhyped. He is constantly the top goalscorer in the premership, and chips in with his fair share of assists.
    Judging by his results he is great. I don't think he's a football genius with an amazing touch or vision really, but his ability to cruise past players, his speed with the ball is phenomenal.

ReputationRep:

I would hardly say Romario was a 1 man team, all the other player played a significant part

You only reached the quarters in 98, not even quarters in 2002, hardly carrying a team
    Baggio still carried the team to the final in 94.

Sure Italy didnt get far in 98 or 02 but Vieri carried them out of the group stage. We played absolute **** under Trappatoni and to some extent Maldini yet Vieri still kept coming up with the goals.

Theres plenty of examples of strikers carrying teams - Suker for Croatia in 98, Batistuta for Fiorentina, even Henry does it great for Arsenal, but he doesnt seem to do it for France.

Henry has never been the star player for France. Whnever they play well, its Zidane carrying the team - Henry is just part of the supporting cast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    From what i can remember;

defender miskicked, landed on the floor, henry ran into the guys legs. i didn't think it deserved a penalty.. although i look forward to the replay.
    Ran into his leg? The defender miskicked with his right and his left foot follwed through twattin henry in the shin.

ReputationRep:
    Ran into his leg? The defender miskicked with his right and his left foot follwed through twattin henry in the shin.
    Just seen replay, hardly 'twatted'. Left foot landed on the floor, henry tripped up over it, no intent whatsoever. But again, couldn't care less, however on another day that'd been play on.

ReputationRep:
    yet you seem to just ignore the fact that Henry didnt go down when he got kicked, he went down later just to try and get the pen.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen it again, full dive, probably coulda stayed up. but as they said 'strikers don't need to'

ReputationRep:
    He's sad/crying that he's out of the world cup. just like terry, rio etc........

This whole saga has been put to bed by those of whom matter, Ronaldo and Rooney. So the hating now seems just, so low, then again i still think its coming most strongly by scoucers (sp) and fake scoucers.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.