Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a Liverpool thing but it's not got a patent/copyright has it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Apparantly people disagree.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/bypa/results.html

Favourite for best young player of the tournament.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...06/5157434.stm

Goodbye!1

ReputationRep:
    I had honestly hoped for a Germany-Portugal Final and a 3rd/4th playoff between France and Italy, but it was simply not meant to be. Anyhow, I'm rooting for Germany to take the bronze, and for Italy to emerge as winner of the tournament. Time will tell though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah baby, I'm on this side as well. Let's hope they perform.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BUBBLE_GUM_CHICK)
    any one else supporting italy in the final??? i admit france are a good team but italy have played great in this tounament and i think they deserve to win, france havnt played that well and theres no way they will be able to overcome italys defence...i mean they have the best defence and a awesome goalkeeper!!
    Definitely! France are a good team but Italy have played better. Forza Italia!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think he deserved it

ReputationRep:
    If it fails, you make a complete boob out of yourself to the whole world.

(Original post by forkwise)
    I heard Lippi's going to Man U to help Ferguson, is this true?
    yeh thats what people have been saying....

(Original post by olliemccowan)
    I think he'd be a great addition to the squad but I'm pretty sure he's got his heart set on Lyon.
    yeh i know...a shame really....

ReputationRep:
    Podolski was probably the least impressive of the germans for me. Especially for the number of chances laid onto him by Klose.

I'd have given it to Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    Nr Lancaster, Manchester United. Didn't strongly follow football when I was younger, but I remember having a conversation at the age of 6 (very early 1990's) with fellow classmates about which team people supported. They all said the likes of Liverpool and Newcastle, and for some reason that I can't quite remember I said United. Could probably come from having seen a game on TV that United played and I enjoyed their football.

My love for the club has grown since, and I've recently been able to get my own Season Ticket. Despite my utter dislike for the Glazer take over, there is no way I would be able to turn my back on the club I love as supporting anybody else just wouldn't feel right.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Bristol but support blackburn, i have family up there, that is my only link, i started supporting them when i was 3 or 4 because i liked the kit.

I attend every league game home and away as well as all the european games home and away along with 50% of the cup games, so i guess i am quite a decent supporter.

The title of the thread should be "what club are you a fan of", as undoubtewdly 90% of the man utd fans dont actully goto games so are not in any way "supporting" their club, they are merely following them.

ReputationRep:
    Live: Durham.
    Support: Leeds.

My theory is, I probably go to more games than people who live near the ground. I've made loads of friends at Elland Road and most of them don't live in Leeds. I travel with supporters from the North East and some of the people I sit with live anywhere between Glasgow and Southampton. There is only one rule about being a supporter, and that's nothing to do with geography- you just have to "support". On saying that, I rip my own team to shreds more than some of those that I hate so maybe I have failed all the same.

ReputationRep:
    I hope that Germany thrash Portugal, and I am thinking that France will lose to Italy.
    Just wondering, who tipped Italy for the cup before the tournam,ent started?

Live in Southend-on-Sea and support West Ham. People often ask: "Why not Southend?" but I do believe the answer is pretty self explanatory.

Actually, to be fair- Southend have been doing better recently, but I'm still not convinced. Somehow sitting in the Universal Cycles stand in the drizzle doesn't quite do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    Late I know but matches for Sat and Sun are posted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuckyMan)
    Although getting 3rd place is pretty pointless Im pretty sure the germans will win

This is the most pointless game in football. why...WHY?? How do the players motivate themselves, let alone the fans who pay for a ticket...

ReputationRep:
    Live: Sevenoaks
    Support: Tottenham

Unfortunately I only get to see 3-5 games a year, which is a real shame. I chose Spurs because of my dad when I was about 6/7 (before that I wasn't into football at all). My earliest footballing memories are of Euro 96, and I got really interested in football after thaT (i.e. 96/97 onwards).

ReputationRep:
    I live in liverpool and support Everton, I attend 10+ games a season, though in the next few seasons i'll probably only get to go to about 2 or 3 games due to moving away for uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenixx)
    West Ham!!!
    Where do you live though? East Ham or Plaistow? :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.