Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Brazil as well.

It pains me to say this, but i also reckon that if England play Germany at any stage they will lose and this includes at the round of 16 stage. Host nations normally do pretty well and you can never write off Germany.

ReputationRep:
    :sleep: Brazil probably will. again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    I really couldn't care about the national team less.

Yeah I am routing for them because they are England, and i'm English, but I really don't care too much about them.

Probably because of the management.. probably because of the same players who constantly get picked despite their crappy league form for months on end.. probably because certain other players who merit places in the squad don't get the chance they deserve..

England suck.

Come on Germany!
    Boo. :hmpf: I dont care much for the management.....but those players who are picked have done well to get where they are, and deserve to be there. I will be 100% behind them and enjoying the games with my mates in some pub...

Come on England

ReputationRep:
    Germany definetly wont win this, yes the home nation has its advantage just look at japan and korea last world cup but the german team lacks a player who stands out, a real world class player. Every team has to have one.
    England: beckham,rooney,gerrard,lampard
    Brazil: ronaldinhio, kaka, adriano
    France: Henry
    Spain: torres,joaquin
    Germany have ballack? but what has he achieved in the past 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    If Brazil do win it again I will no longer show an interest in the World Cup for years to come.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil or Germany...

ReputationRep:
    Germany - :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hey...they managed to the finals last time and the fact that they'll be playing in their country is a bonus...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't home territory really pay off in the African Cup of Nations rather than the World Cup though?

ReputationRep:
    Just because Egypt won this year's African Nation Championship doesn't mean that is exclusively for the African Cup of Nations...Having your fans there through all the games is good motivation for the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    He's doing it at uni?
    At dirty, dirty Leeds.

I'm doing politics at uni, does that make me the next Tony Blair? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    African Nations Championship holsts who became eventual winners: 1959 (Egypt), Ethiopa (1962), Ghana (1963), Sudan (1970), Ghana (1978), Nigeria (1980), Egypt (1986), Algeria (1990), South Africa (1996), Tunisia (2004), Egypt (2006).

I agree though.

ReputationRep:
    My bad...:p:

ReputationRep:
    Brazil, no doubt about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulmaan_865)
    which country do u think will lift the world cup on 9th july? and be honest, not biased.
    Saudi Arabia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrColin)
    Saudi Arabia
    :rofl:

How they manage to qualify every year, I'll never know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    :rofl:

How they manage to qualify every year, I'll never know...
    Oil money payouts to their opposition.

I think Brazil will win, if not them, Argentina, if not them then Germany, if not them ENGLAND.

ReputationRep:
    i think Brazil will, but i am not discounting Italy, Germany, or maybe even Spain. If not them i will hope its ENGLAND.

ReputationRep:
    I believe a European side will win it. I see no reason why that can't be England.

ReputationRep:
    I’d be really surprised if Argentina wins the Cup this year…It’s been a while since they accomplished anything worth mentioning…
    I have a strong feeling Germany or Brazil will win…Out of the 17 World cup matches, each won or was a runner-up 7 times, more than any other country.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.