Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    If someone made a racist comment in the office to you, would you hit them and risk you being sacked, or would you goto your superior? You would goto your superior....

Zidane didnt, he basically proved that he may be a great footballer but there isnt much between them ears of his, other than Materazis sternum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blazing_bandicoot)
    if it was a racist remark then he would have been a bigger man if he walked away laughed at his face, scored a goal, won the world cup, lifted the trophy and then smacked materazzi.
    Exactly! Is her seriously braindead, minus the smacking part, that would have been a much better way to handle things, and he would come out looking ten times better. Hes let himself down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciderpeter)
    If someone made a racist comment in the office to you, would you hit them and risk you being sacked, or would you goto your superior?
    I would smack the **** in the grid with my keyboard

ReputationRep:
    Can i take a moment to lighten the mood and post quite possibly the funniest moment of this world cup

ReputationRep:
    If someone made a racist comment in the office to you, would you hit them and risk you being sacked, or would you goto your superior? You would goto your superior....

Zidane didnt, he basically proved that he may be a great footballer but there isnt much between them ears of his, other than Materazis sternum...
    If im retiring, i would. Also even if i wasnt, a small suspension, so what? And go to what superior?

ReputationRep:
    Kpg, that is excellent, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Even if Zidane had been lured by the opposition, he is mature and experienced enough to know not to react like that. He got himself sent off, after deliberately headbutting the guy, knowing probably that he would get sent off. This meant that he let his team down and let himself down. That was a bad reaction, which a player like him should never have done, and now he will regret it probably for the rest of his life. Players like to end their career on a high. Zidane did the opposite. Hero to zero in that match.
    There is no excuse for his reaction, no matter what the other player said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Can i take a moment to lighten the mood and post quite possibly the funniest moment of this world cup

Thats bloody brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Manager, referee, 4th official, Uefa, Fifa....

ANy of them after the game would launch an investigation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost101)
    If im retiring, i would. Also even if i wasnt, a small suspension, so what? And go to what superior?
    Ummm, he let the team and his country down!

ReputationRep:

You probably don't know many Arabs...not to generalise. I wouldn't pinch my best mate's nipple even for a joke.

It's a personal thing...maybe you wouldn't react, but me & Calderstones would. It's not about intellect, it's about one's personality- you can't change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Even if Zidane had been lured by the opposition, he is mature and experienced enough to know not to react like that. He got himself sent off, after deliberately headbutting the guy, knowing probably that he would get sent off. This meant that he let his team down and let himself down. That was a bad reaction, which a player like him should never have done, and now he will regret it probably for the rest of his life. Players like to end their career on a high. Zidane did the opposite. Hero to zero in that match.
    Finally somebody talking some sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I agree and there are far worse and more personal forms of denigration than racial abuse. He should have seen it as pathetic and laughable, but then it's obviously highly sensitive for him. Surprised he's not more thick-skinned at this point in his life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I dont think he really affected the outcome though. The game was headed for penalties and Trezeguet was almost certainly going to take one as well. If he had done it in the 10th minute or something that would have been different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, i guess he made his decision on what he values more. Its not for you to criticise.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, even if the italiian guy said something wrong, I think that Zidane just sunk himself to that guy's level by headbutting him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I agree and there are far worse and more personal forms of denigration than racial abuse. He should have seen it as pathetic and laughable, but then it's obviously highly sensitive for him. Surprised he's not more thick-skinned at this point in his life
    No offense, but you obviously don't know much about Arabic culture...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Considering you have no idea what was actually said, what's the point of this post? It's exactly the same as people saying "he should just deal with it" etc. but just the other end of the scale. You're only showing your own petulence by calling people "batty boys"...

The only stance of this I've taken is complete disbelief of his actions regardless of what was said to him, simply because the man has learnt to deal with all kinds of abuse throughout his career and has dragged himself up to become a world star from growing up as an Algerian muslim living in a not so afluent part of France.
    You assume he is guilty. He is a level headed guy even if he is prone to bouts of violence (stamping in WC1998 and headbutting some dude more recently).
    IF he reacted as he did it is not because MAterazzi called him a *****er. Yes it is speculation, but people talking whilst knowing less than nothing irritates me.

The thing is. Materazzi will get away with it because there is no way to prove it really is there? It's Zidane's word against Materazzi's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    To be honest, even if the italiian guy said something wrong, I think that Zidane just sunk himself to that guy's level by headbutting him.
    Again, some people may rise above it, some may not. I would admire and respect anyone who is able to, but i wouldnt criticise someone who cant.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.