Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    if ronaldinho, robinho, adriano, roberto carlos and kaká are in - the cups is ours again!
    ! I love watching Brazil play against other competent teams...I'm huge Brazil fan. My older brother has taught me well...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kooldood)
    Brazil is the only team which makes football look good and exciting, so it won't be boring if Brazil wins. Anyway I doubt it if England will win. I would say Iran has more chance than England.

Argentina not good enough for people on here for entertainment then? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kooldood)
    Anyway I doubt it if England will win. I would say Iran has more chance than England.
    Er yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulmaan_865)
    definetely brazil. My prediction is that england will go out in the quarter finals. England may play germany (oh god not home nations, Remember portugal lol)

When was the last time they DIDN'T go out in the quarters?? It's so annoying as well - far enough to get your hopes up, but not close enough that the games are massively relevant in the grand scheme of things.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil to smash England in the final, 3-0. Holland to surprise everyone by taking 3rd place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Germany definetly wont win this, yes the home nation has its advantage just look at japan and korea last world cup but the german team lacks a player who stands out, a real world class player. Every team has to have one.
    England: beckham,rooney,gerrard,lampard
    Brazil: ronaldinhio, kaka, adriano
    France: Henry
    Spain: torres,joaquin
    Germany have ballack? but what has he achieved in the past 3 years.
    If your gonna class Henry as World Class then Ballack is certainly world class. You have players like Torres Joaquin Rooney and Adriano in there yet they have all achieved very little. Ballack has won the Bundesliga in the last 3 years but i think its better to judge a player on how he plays rather than what he has won - after all it is the team who wins not the player. I mean Roque Junior has won the world cup and champions league but theres no way that he is world class.

Germany have a god chance - they have a pretty decent team - better than the team at the last WC which got to the final. In addition they are the home nation meaning they have as good a chance as any of the top teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    If your gonna class Henry as World Class then Ballack is certainly world class. You have players like Torres Joaquin Rooney and Adriano in there yet they have all achieved very little. Ballack has won the Bundesliga in the last 3 years but i think its better to judge a player on how he plays rather than what he has won - after all it is the team who wins not the player. I mean Roque Junior has won the world cup and champions league but theres no way that he is world class.

Germany have a god chance - they have a pretty decent team - better than the team at the last WC which got a to the final. In addition they are the home nation meaning they have as good a chance as any of the top teams.
    I suppose your right but ballack just didnt stick out as a match winner for me. Germany have a incrdible record with finals in the world cup though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    I suppose your right but ballack just didnt stick out as a match winner for me. Germany have a incrdible record with finals in the world cup though
    i think ballack sticks out like a sore thumb - he is the only truly world class player Germany have. The rest of their players are either decent or very good. Kahn was world class but i think he is past it now.

ReputationRep:
    i think ballack sticks out like a sore thumb - he is the only truly world class player Germany have. The rest of their players are either decent or very good. Kahn was world class but i think he is past it now.
    He sticks out for germany, but he doesnt stick out as a player personally. Bastien Schweinsteiger(spelling?) is a great player to.

Well Ballack is class, but notably ageing. They do have some decent players in Schweinsteiger and Podolski, among others. Really though, their defense is a right mess, and their attack isn't all that either.

ReputationRep:
    Podolski? This is the Polish guy who plays for the Germans? :eek:

Oh has anyone seen Argentina's 2006/08 away shirt? It's really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Well Ballack is class, but notably ageing. They do have some decent players in Schweinsteiger and Podolski, among others. Really though, their defense is a right mess, and their attack isn't all that either.
    Ballack is 29 - not that old. Ballack is on FIRE at the moment and has shown no signs of ageing this season.

ReputationRep:
    Kevin Kuranyi and Miroslav Klose are also two very good players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Kevin Kuranyi and Miroslav Klose are also two very good players.
    Kuranyi hasnt looked that good this season but Klose has been scoring goals for fun and is definately very good.

ReputationRep:
    Klose has been scoring goals for fun and is definately very good.
    and has a tremendous celebration, too!

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think you are kidding, Mr Klinsmann?

ReputationRep:
    New kits for the World Cup

Mexico (Home & Away)

USA Home & Away

Portugal Goalie, Home & Away

Holland Home & Away

Brazil Home

Argentina Home

Ecuador Home

Germany Away

Germany Home

Spain Away

Japan Away & Goalie

Japan Home

Italy Away

Czech Home

Czech Away

France Home

France Away

Anybody got any more?

ReputationRep:
    As these are the new adidas styles for the World Cup, would it be correct to say that both Chelsea and Liverpool will be wearing these styles kits from 06/07?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think there are two teams that are better than England currently:

Dida

Lucio Roque Junior Juan

Cicinho/Cafu Roberto Carlos

Emerson

Kaka Ronaldinho

Adriano/Ronaldo Robinho/Julio Baptista

Abbondanzieri

Ayala Samuel Sorin

Zanetti Heinze
    Cambiasso

Riquelme/Aimar Veron

Messi/Tevez/Saviola/Cruz Crespo

Cicinho/Cafu and Roberto Carlos, along with Zanetti and Heinze are wing backs. I know this formatioin probably won't be employed by either side, but I wanted to show each sides strength. In my opinion, the Agentinians have a slightly stronger side.

ReputationRep:
    Sorin's not a centre back, he's a left wing back or even a winger.

We all know Brazil are awesome going forward, but they're weak defensively. Lucio and Juan have been pretty solid domestically but they're not great and Roque Junior's crap. Brazil's full backs will leave spaces at the back as Cicinho did against Arsenal.

Argentina are dark horses I think. No one's really tipped them for this World Cup but their team is very strong and perhaps slightly more balanced than Brazil's. But a problem is some of their big players are under-performing at the minute - Aimar's yet to live up to his promise, Veron's good but not great, Saviola is questionable and Riquelme's had a lot of injuries recently. Though this isn't to say that these players won't find form in the Summer. The emergence of Messi (you show him as a striker, he's more of a right-sided winger - he plays the same role as Ronaldinho does but on the right side of the pitch) will be of great advantage to Argentina but Pekerman hasn't confirmed that Messia will even be in the squad - though on his form this season he'd have to be.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.