Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Phil.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mancred)
He is theatrical but you just dont get it.
Define theatrical for me, because at the moment all I see that as is a different word for cheat, i.e. making things out to be worse than they are, diving all over the place, etc.

Yes he's very good in his feet, but you can't deny he's a cheater deep down.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Saba)
I feel so bad for Zizou. I don't know what made him do that but he was definitely provoked and surely there should be punishment for the provoker because he caused him to lash out like that? I know you should control yourself bla bla but there comes a point when you just can't take anymore and it must have been something pretty bad if he lashed out like that in his last ever game at the final because he would have known how great the implications would have been! I don't think this is what he will be remembered for unlike the stupid, bloodsucking tabloids reports. He was a great footballer and he still is.
Its not like it was a situation where players were face to face, clashing with each other like the figo incident was even though. He deliberately, and dispassionately, turned around, walked up to materazzi, and headbutted him with as much force as he could muster.
Yes, he has been a great player, but you can't blame his behaviour on anyone but himself, no matter if anything was said, it doesn't give him the right to go around and do that.
He is old enough, experienced enough, to know better, so i have no sympathy for him.
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I guess it makes up for the fact though that he should of won it 1998, when Ronaldo won it instead (who didn't even get top scorer).
Phil.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Ronaldo has ALWAYS been a diver. Where was the media coverage before england got knocked out? There are tons of serial divers across europe. Heck, Drogba, Robben and Joe Cole do it all the ****ing time. Deco did it at Porto and hasnt stopped at Barca.
And I dislike them as well, especially Drogba who had the nerve to go public and say he cheats from time to time, and then shortly after complain that everyone was against him :rolleyes:
jhendo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lovelee-jublee)
Why did he actually do it?! I didn't watch the match, so when I watched the highlights I was so shocked!!! It looks like he was just going on normally, just turns round, sees a person and decides to headbutt him! :p: Obviously it wasn't like that, there must have been a reason? :confused:
Just before the vid starts, materrazi pinches zidane's nipple. Then i guess he says something else as zidane is walking off.
Happyness
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
did they?
Humra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Zinedine Zidane is still the best. And with all the pressure on the field, especially since he was the only good footballer out there in his team since the others were injured, I couldn't blame him. Materazzi must have said something to make him blow..
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 789654123)
Shut the **** up. I've read this same annoying comment one, too many ****ing times over and over again. Zidane is still one of the best and that headbutt was actually very cool indeed. It’s another moment to add to Zidanes career?
Idiots like you ruin football
schmitz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Shut the **** up. I've read this same annoying comment one, too many ****ing times over and over again. Zidane is still one of the best and that headbutt was actually very cool indeed. It’s another moment to add to Zidanes career?
:rolleyes:

I'm not denying that Zidane is one of the best players that the world has ever known (see my earlier post!) but violent conduct needs to be punished if football is to retain any kind of credibility and the fact remains that Zidane headbutted the Italian and therefore had to go.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love the way the Italian guy is too tall for him to get it in the face
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not really no

France had the better of the play and should have had another penalty

Overall probably yes
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Zidane wasn't even the best French player, Thuram and Vieira made more outstanding contributions than he did.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Idiots like you ruin football
Enlighten me..... But please keep your fingers of the keyboard because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. ****ing Weirdo.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Enlighten me..... Keep your mouth shut you don't have a clue what you're talking about. ****ing Weirdo.
This thread isnt discussing whether Zidane is a good footballer. And trust me, what he did wasnt 'cool'.

FIFA trying to send out messages of fair play and then awarding it to Zidane who displays possibly the worst unfair play of the tournament
creak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe if some of you actually read the thread instead of jumping on at the end you'd find that what's been said in the last four or so pages has already been discussed at length. Most of you are also wrong, but I'll let you find that out for yourself.

(Original post by blissy)
Great TV, wouldn't expect anything less from the French and Italians.
And what do you mean by that?
jhendo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Saba)
I feel so bad for Zizou. I don't know what made him do that but he was definitely provoked and surely there should be punishment for the provoker because he caused him to lash out like that? I know you should control yourself bla bla but there comes a point when you just can't take anymore and it must have been something pretty bad if he lashed out like that in his last ever game at the final because he would have known how great the implications would have been! I don't think this is what he will be remembered for unlike the stupid, bloodsucking tabloids reports. He was a great footballer and he still is.
Don't know if it's been said already, but Materazzi pinched his nipple and then obviously sent something else to Zidane as he was walking off. I'm not condoning it but it was a great headbutt, if you're gona do it do it properly.

Edit: He pinches his nipple just before the youtube vid in the other thread starts
Sharpshooter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In that particular match, no.

Overall in the tournament, yes.

I remember Euro 2000 where Italy were miles the better side against France and blew it by conceding a last minute goal, and then going on to lose it extra time.

So what comes around goes around in this case.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
In the final?

First half: yes

Second half and extra time: no

Penalties: yes

Fair enough really that they did win, except the Aussie diving earlier on.
Phil.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Their defensive record was very impressive, but the Aussie diving spoiled their World Cup win IMO.
Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
BBC Breaking News: Zidane has been voted by journalists covering the World Cup as the recipient of the Golden Ball Award, with 2000+ points. He was ahead of the Italian Captain by only approximately 50 points.

Well well well, and that's how the cookie crumbles. Consolation, I suppose.

Or maybe just pity.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads