Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

It would be a whole lot better for football if everyone supported there local team. It would make it more competative, and when your club does actually win something you feel 100x better than a glory hunting manyoo **** who never goes to games when they win something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garethDT)
    Don't want diving cheats like that in the Premier League, and I definitely can't see him staying at Man U, regardless of the rift with Rooney he has been mouthing off to the press about wanting to leave Man U and go to Real Madrid, SAF won't be welcoming him back with open arms either.
    He seemed to have cut down the diving at United last season but it has started again at this world cup, it has something to do with Scolari too as he seems to be encouraging diving. He is not the only diver in the premiership, even Henry had a dive to his name.

Although I wan't him to stay I can't see him staying unless Fegie sorts everything. Ive got a feeling if we get a good offer Fergie might let go of him.

ReputationRep:
    Mortal Kombat;

Streetfighter;

Hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicko88)
    Bad example...what a load of *******s...
    how is it, when your older you'll understand I guess..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    Good thread
    Sure is ;yes;

I heard there might be some sort of swap between Campbell and Stephen Appiah in Fenerbahce... But Portsmouth are also interested in Campbell

ReputationRep:
    Watch the news on BBC now, because apparently they are going to reveal what Materazzi said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forkwise)
    Sure is ;yes;

I heard there might be some sort of swap between Campbell and Stephen Appiah in Fenerbahce... But Portsmouth are also interested in Campbell
    Who do you support mate? Don't think i've seen you round these quarters b4?

ReputationRep:
    He's leaving United, obviously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurricane_Herd)
    hmm...i did'nt really see alot of benjani last season...but from what i understand he arrived at the club with a massive reputation. Fact of the matter is that is takes a season for players to adapt to the pace etc of the prem...i am pretty sure he will be a good player. He seems to have the strength and pace required for the prem
    Yeah... I'm gonna give Benjani a fair go, but if he doesn't come good by Christmas that's nearly a year. You can't give players forever. I really hope he does come good though because he seems to be well-liked by the other players and he really wants to do well for us.

ReputationRep:
    They're claiming Materazzi was talking about his mum being an Algerian whore and that he'd sleep with her. Materazzi's denied it but then again he would I guess.

I'm not sure if we're ever going to know what was really said to be honest.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    what do u think shud Man Utd get to replace the possible loss of Ronaldo & Van Nistlerooy?

I reckon (tho prob will never happen) Utd shud go for S.W.P from Chelsea and stick with Saha and Rooney bringing in a talent rather than an established striker (hopeing Rossi will come good)

ReputationRep:
    A french mate claims this is what French lip readers make of it:

Zidane holding his shirt says to Materazzi:

ZZ: "Ordinanza de tirare il costume!!" (stop pulling on my shirt!!)

MM": "Taciti, enculo, hai solamente cio che merite..." (shut up f**ker, you only get what you deserve)

ZZ: "si e cio..." (yes, sure...)

While Zidane starts to move away, Materazzi goes:
    MM: "meritate tutti ciò, voi gli enculato di musulmani, sporchi terroristici" (all of you deserve that, f**cking Muslims, terrorist b*st*rds).

ReputationRep:
    that's just as bad as what ZZ did if true.

ReputationRep:
    i think the bbc gave a clean version :p:

ReputationRep:
    ITV said that he said "I slept with your mother last night, the Algerian whore" or something along those lines; knowing Zidane's mother was ill in hospital who we was very very tight with, and obviously was thinking about throughout the match.

ReputationRep:
    What really happened...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Are you seriously saying that '******' doesn't carry equally huge offensive connatations about blacks and all their struggles in America?! You can't say it doesnt
    It does. But black culture has embraced it and many black artists use the word to refer to other blacks in their lyrics. This takes a slight edge off the use of the word.
    But yes. It is offensive in many contexts.
    But my comparison stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    It does. But black culture has embraced it and many black artists use the word to refer to other blacks in their lyrics. This takes a slight edge off the use of the word.
    Not when it's used by a white......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zlatan)
    Just becuase Ukraine made it to the quater finals doesnt make them a good side.

They got spanked by spain in their group and beat Tunisia and Saudi Arabia, hardly difficult opposition..

They played a very mediocre Switzerland side without their best defender in Senderos, both teams sat back and played for penalties. Ukraine won on penalties as Switzerlands were so poor, (missed 3 out of 3)

But like you say, they must be a fantastic team as they reached the quater finals. :rolleyes:

I was merely stating that i've only just noticed a huge influx of Italians to the football section of this messageboard. And fair play to Italy, they've managed to win the World Cup for the second time without Mussolini rigging it.

Was this the same Swiss swide that managed to top France's group They can't have been that poor then. We may have had an easier QF than the rest, but we also had probably the 2nd hardest group.

Maybe one day the dutch will win it, or even more likely, "son of Capello" might put in a half decent perfomance at a WC match.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah the fantastic sensation that only winning a world cup gives....marvelous :champ:

So here's a post from an Italian who doesn't know much about clubs or players but just followed the world cup matches and laughed, prayed and shouted till the end

France had much clearer ideas in the second half with Henry making some very quick incursions in our area..and it really could have been better, it should have ended 2 - 1 for Italy after Zidane got out but we seemed wrecked and disorientated after second half. penalties are always pretty sad especially when its the WC final and i was really hoping for a second goal but hey! Lippi trained them well at penalties!

It was hard cheering Italy

With corruption allegations to major teams' managers for fixing matches and Juventus Milan Lazio and Fiorentina risking serious repercussions (from serie A to B for all except Juve which might go in C) we didnt really believe the team could handle it especially after USA ... 1-1 and De Rossi killing some american.:damnmate: However they did, they used it to purify themselves and the beautiful sport which is football, and Italian football in particular. (sorry brazil...try doing less commercials and more training next time :vader: )

I'm sorry not everyone experienced last night's madness
    people, hunderds, thousands in the streets all chanting, praising the players and shouting "Campioni del Mondo" through the night...
    :party:

I still believe the best match of the world cup was Italy - Germany
    in Italy Germany is like our dragon to be slayed...not as in evil adversary but rather a respected team (even if they called us europe's parasites) and I think it was our greatest victory. After grosso's goal the crowd I was in was still cheering when del piero finishes it. ahhh beautiful :shakehand and great germany as well.

let me say it! it was absolutley sublime!

What I can't understand are all the people saying Italy did not deserve it.

Brazil was switched off, England SHOULD have gotten further, Portugal was supposed to be Europe's brazil but instead won "Most Entertaining Team award" ... , France was not as great as in '98 and none of the other teams shined particularly...we had easier opponents? maybe! but we had the constance to keep going and to keep winning even against the 'big' teams.

I know I am a bit biased in saying this but if there was a team which deserved to win, after all the scandals back home, after the appetite of something missed since 1982, of a team with no single great player but of 11 great players (just look at who scored in each match...), a team with a great defense and probably the best goalkeeper in the world, a team with a good coach and mature and experienced players which were not too old, a team with just the right mix of skill and luck to win this year, a team which paid the mistakes made :damnmate: (de rossi and materazzi red cards - both to score the penalties in the final)
    that team....
    THAT team was ITALY

and we won!

Thank you

P.S. I'm sorry about Zidane...pfff yeah right, nice way to end it all btw

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.