The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
caw123
No, but people always mention drugs when talking about Maradona. They go hand in hand.

Yes and people will mention Zidane's temperament when they talk about him, because thats just the way he was.
xbabydollx
he's a lying muppet! actually he's pathetic atleast come up with a better excuse saying 'i dont know what a terrorist is' is like saying 'oh is the sky blue?really?' duh!:p:

LoL believe me he really doesnt know

Hes a soccer player not a rocket scientist

he cant even speak proper Italian how is he supposed to know what a terrorist is!?
Reply 5402
if Zidane is only remembered by that headbutt...what does it say about us?
Reply 5403
Mulehunter
I hope you are kidding!!

Zidane deserves to be remembered as the ass that he is

Best player of the tournament?! almost all the votes were cast before 1st half finished so I wonder what would have happened if the journalists waited untile the 110th minute...

If he is this genious you claim maybe he would have stayed quiet and scored a penalty or a goal!

Gee I wonder why I dont just attack everyone who insults me because of my race or insults my mother....maybe people will understand and excuse me...because im good at football....LOL

COME ON

Im really sad that the media are now all concentrating on what Materazzi said to Zidane RATHER THAN ON HIS HIDEOUS AGGRESSION.

And since Im italian and i can lip read as well as anyone else, after the incident he repeatedly said "the whole world was watching" which is true! but apparently the whole world loves zidane and would justify his every action too

Lets consider if an italian player did that to zidane
would there be all this commotion? NO! the italian would be regarded as a barbarian and zidane would have become a hero.

And iif you have anything against italy's fair play, De Rossi which was sent off for 4 games for breaking some US guys nose did so during an action of the game and DID NOT LOOK AROUND TO SEE IF THE REF WASNT WATCHING to finish off materazzi mortal kombat style. and either way, he was condemned by everyone, paid his 4 games off and then came back to score an important penalty in the finals.

sorry for my english but these are just my thoughts

Oh and sorry but WE ARE KEEPING THE WORLD CUP FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS =)

Be quiet you horrible little plebiscite; there isn't one Italian player alive with the skill of Zinedine Zidane.

------------------------

A fairly good article concerning this written by Graham Le Saux - http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/comment/article1171384.ece
Reply 5404
Byronic
Be quiet you horrible little plebiscite; there isn't one Italian player alive with the skill of Zinedine Zidane.

Baggio?
ba_ba1
Baggio?

Zola, Del Piero........
Mulehunter
LoL believe me he really doesnt know

Hes a soccer player not a rocket scientist

he cant even speak proper Italian how is he supposed to know what a terrorist is!?

aah so he is as dumb as he looks? ^o)
Reply 5407
I'm sorry but whilst Zola, Baggio and Del Piero were good, they are no where near the league of Zidane. Zidane is in the league Beckenbauer, Platini, Matthews, Best and Pele. Them three aren't.
Byronic
I'm sorry but whilst Zola, Baggio and Del Piero were good, they are no where near the league of Zidane. Zidane is in the league Beckenbauer, Platini, Matthews, Best and Pele. Them three aren't.

I'd say Baggio is easily in that league, especially judging on serie A form, and big game moments, and touch and vision, maybe not the other two. And Pele is overrated:wink:
Reply 5409
Byronic

Zola and Del Piero were not in Baggio's league. And yes Baggio is in the league of Zidane. Zidane is not in the league of Maradona, Pele IMO.
ba_ba1
Zola and Del Piero were not in Baggio's league. And yes Baggio is in the league of Zidane. Zidane is not in the league of Maradona, Pele IMO.

I'd say Del Piero and Zola at their peak were great playeers, and they probably scored nearly as many as Baggio, but Baggio just had this special something extra. His touch and vision was subtle and sublime.
Reply 5411
naivesincerity
I'd say Del Piero and Zola at their peak were great playeers, and they probably scored nearly as many as Baggio, but Baggio just had this special something extra. His touch and vision was subtle and sublime.

i'd agree with that. The pre 99 Del Piero was great. In fact, he outperformed Zidane at Juve. Del Piero was the star player, not Zidane, and as soon as Del Piero got injured, Juve won nothing.
I kinda used to be one until I got my Italian friend, Lorenzo, to go in goal instead. He's my Buffon. :biggrin: Now I play as a forward. :rolleyes:
Reply 5414

In fairness, Tony Hibbert could look like di Stefano in a video compilation.

Del Piero was my idol. Him scoring the pen, and scoring the winner vs. Germany, made me complete. Arguably not on the same level as Zidane, but among the Juve greats, imo. Baggio was a little before my time, although I remember glimpses of 94 (remember Spain & Bulgaria more than the final tbh).

Was a shame that Zidane's final showpiece ended in such a manner, when the script could have been so different. He could have scored the winner, and lifted the cup again. I, though, will remember him for the performances he's provided throughout his career. A true great.
Rainy
. Baggio was a little before my time, although I remember glimpses of 94 (remember Spain & Bulgaria more than the final tbh).

The way he carried them through despite being half-fit was magical. He just came up big
Reply 5416
Zidane received 16 red cards in his career - his temper is nothing new. Indeed, it no doubt made him the player he was.
dan

You best move to replace him.. quickly!

We have. We've got Jeffers :frown:

And apparently Didier Agathe has been spotted at a hotel in Blackburn, although this has only come from one person, is not in the news, and is probably complete crap.
Reply 5418
-- Dan
We have. We've got Jeffers :frown:

And apparently Didier Agathe has been spotted at a hotel in Blackburn, although this has only come from one person, is not in the news, and is probably complete crap.

Blackburn has hotels?
LH
Blackburn has hotels?

Well apparently is was the Clarion hotel in Clitheroe. It's close enough :biggrin:

http://www.hotels-blackburn.com/

Latest