The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

umarf786
Its been posted before.. from another link.

Here it is..

http://www.addictinggames.com/zidaneheadbuttgame.html

Lol there are too many Materazzi’s and move too fast for Zidanes liking. :eek:

Thanks dan for merging the threads.
Ahmadinejad
Lol there are too many Materazzi’s and move too fast for Zidanes liking. :eek:

Thanks dan for merging the threads.

No worries! :biggrin:
Just since we're on this subject.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=js0vOgjBfD8

Zidane (wannabe’s) or what?
Ahmadinejad
Just since we're on this subject.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=js0vOgjBfD8

Zidane (wannabe’s) or what?

Excellent.

Oh, how on earth did Zidane make 32 pages on here! Jesus!
umarf786

Here it is..

:biggrin: Fookin hilarious!
ba_ba1
I seriously doubt milan will go down, and buffons agent hinted that the milan move was a real possibility http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul10q.html

Would be awesome if it happens.. Dida deserves nothing more than being on the bench after his screw ups last season, we could'v won the league if it wasnt for him! Seemed like he tried to chest the ball in a serie A game when this guy took a long shot, they scored and milan drew or lost that game cant remember exactly but it was so pissing off!!
At the moment I feel really sorry for Zidane because I think he regrets doing it on the football pitch. If someone had called him that on the street and he had headbutted him then fair game, but I dont think it is right for him to have done it during the match.

Just because he is Zidane DOES NOT give him the right to assault people like that. I agree that there is lots of bias on this board. I think he is a genius football player but that does not mean that his actions are justifiable being where he was. He had an audience of millions and they were children/people easily influenced by people like him. Now I know that he apologised to them but there is a certain responsibility as a rolemodel that you take on when you become famous, and Zidane failed to adhere to that.

I think it is unfair to totally blame Materazzi. If he said those things then yes, he should be punished by Fifa (esp. if it was rascist), but what Zidane did can not be called 'good'.

People are tending to treat him lightly because this was his last game and he has to retire with this furore about him, but ask yourself if a player had headbutted Zidane what would your reaction be ? if it had been Materazzi ? Totti ? - Zidane would have been seen as someone just going along with the flow of football - a couple of harmless insults here and there and the italian seen as someone who overreacted.

Zinedine Zidane - genius football player who should not be remembered for this. He helped France to victory so many times and was a truly brilliant player, perhaps not like Pele or Maradona, but outstanding all the same. What happened during the match was an OVERREACTION and he gave into the stress of France not scoring, and the unfortunate news about his mother. I believe that if his mother had not been taken ill that day, Zidane would not have headbutted Materazzi.

Well, unfortunately it happened and I think that Materazzi should apologise on tv and likewise Zidane should apologise for the ACTION not just people witnessing it. Surely in hindsight he can see that the insults meant nothing as they are just banter thrown around on the football pitch to gain a psychological advantage ?!

Two opposite arguments by journalists :
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/gabriele_marcotti/07/12/zidane.materazzi/index.html
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/phil_taylor/07/12/zidane/index.html

To this end they should both apologise. They were both in the wrong. But there's a difference between name calling and headbutting.
Reply 5507
BBC Sport
-Expert Lipreaders from Brazil uptill Germany swear and agree on the following readingBBC Radio Five Live asked a deaf lip reader to read Materazzi's words phonetically to an Italian translator:
She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore"
The BBC's Ten O'Clock News called in experts to study the television footage who said:
Materazzi told Zidane to "calm down" before accusing him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family". This was followed by "Go f*** yourself"

On another scale
CNN has confirmed from many professional lip readers that materattzi said "Son of a terrorist whore"

Zidane is a great player

As an example and not an insult so dont take it as an insult
... its like saying "Son of a Jewish Whore"

and i dont think Whore as much as Bit**

Anyways my opinion
Xenon
Zidane apologised to all the kids. That rules out an apology to all his fans as well as his nation. I don't call that a proper apology.

The vast majority of French people support him. The French are fairly apathetic towards their footballers in general. Certainly as compared to here where everyone puts flags on their cars.
The French arent really looking for an apology.
Reply 5509
Forza_milan
Would be awesome if it happens.. Dida deserves nothing more than being on the bench after his screw ups last season, we could'v won the league if it wasnt for him! Seemed like he tried to chest the ball in a serie A game when this guy took a long shot, they scored and milan drew or lost that game cant remember exactly but it was so pissing off!!

That was against Sampdoria i think! You would have won the title easily without his screw ups. I can understand that keepers make mistakes, but Dida has been making them too often.

Anyway, what are milan up to in the transfer market? are you still gonna buy Oddo from us?
Reply 5510
umarf786

Here it is..

You're right - it has - and a meer 11 posts above yours :wink:
Reply 5511
people who focus on the headbutt rather than the brilliant man are wasters, we all make mistakes, we are all human, get over it. truth is, not one supporter of any club in the world would turn around and say they didnt want him on their team, and i can say that with confidence.
Personally i have no problem in the world with people who support a certain club because there dad passed it down to them, or because when they were 6 they saw them on TV and have followed them ever since.

I'm not angered by fans that have chosen to support clubs because they are good, after all they are what keep the football world ticking i guess. However i honestly think that they are missing out.

Say you are from (random) Lincolnshire and support Chelsea (for the last few years), you watch them on tv most weeks and where your shirt down the pub or the park to play football in. That football shirt is the same shirt being worn by millions of teenage girls/boys (that also keep the industry alive) all over the world because they fancy the players (rather than follow the club particuarly closely), it is also the shirt worn by some of the worlds elite footballers.

I live on the edge of Wolverhampton and subsequently am a proud Wolves fan. It may just be me, but there is something particuarly special about supporting your local club, especially if it is a one team city. Whilst at games watching your team, you are doing so with thousands of others that know "so and so's chippie down something street" and that have a pre-game ritual like you do every other saturday. One that doesn't involve driving 200 miles up the m6 to Salford but rather watching the "big stars" in the premiership on the lunchtime kickoff down the pub, then meeting up with the same bloke you've been sitting next to for the last 106 years and going to the game.

I have nothing against fans that support goods teams that they have no link to but they are missing out. To me it is sad they will never get to experience and enjoy FA Cup 3rd round weekend, watching Match of the day and seeing what the elite have done that day, travelling to plymouth on a coach to get a good beating but still not questioning why you went on the 4 hour trip home afterwards.

or best of all being able to genuinely join in songs about your town/region and then when every now and then you do come up against the man united's or chelsea's you can indulge in such favourites as "i used to go to school with you", "you'll all be chelsea fans next year", "it's a long way home to london", "you live just around the corner", "where were you when you were *****".

thank you for your time
Klinsmannic
Robben the best Left Winger.

nooooooooo!!!! really he is not, he is up there but think of all the other left wingers....hmm, Ronaldinho, par example
screamcore

I have nothing against fans that support goods teams that they have no link to but they are missing out.

Exactly right. For example, when wolves won the play offs, the fans would have felt a lot more emotion than a liverpool fan from newquay when they won the champions league.
I live in Lincolnshire and have supported Man Utd since I was 8 (I followed my dad). And I wouldn't call myself a glory supporter since I am a season ticket holder and go to quite a few away matches.
I'm a Man United fan who isn't from Manchester, so I fit the stereotype clearly. But it doesn't bother me.

I've spent most of my childhood growing up in Ipswich, until I was 14 where I moved to Northern Ireland and live here still.

I don't know why I supported Man Utd, just did, not because they had just won the title, mainly because they were practically everywhere, magazines, videos, shops etc. So I grew to like them from that for one reason or another. I was only 7.

It was a very common trend for people to support Man U from a young age, and then change to support Ipswich as they got older. I didn't, so in that regard I feel as if I'm unique, and only wanted to support one team ever in the first place. I go over to see them play regularly, around 5-10 times a season since I'm a Man United member, but I don't like flying so if I was living in England still I would see them more often probably.

Hey it could be worse, I have a friend who's born and bread in Ipswich, hardly been outside of the place, and supports Everton....
Reply 5517
Live: Medway, Kent
Support: West Ham...

My parents both came from the old East End and all my family supports them so I was bought up with it from an early age..
Miss Alyssa
I live in Lincolnshire and have supported Man Utd since I was 8 (I followed my dad). And I wouldn't call myself a glory supporter since I am a season ticket holder and go to quite a few away matches.

Sorry i was just picking a place fairly far from London, no insult intended.
I'm from Manchester and support Acrington. We don't ever hear this do we? Nobody happens to support a team who is unfashionable. Newcastle have alot of fans our age because of the Keegan era when they drew 4-4 each week.

Ironically I support Sunerland AFC and I am from Hull. Yet this is to do with family connections in that both my parents are from Sunderland and both sets of grandparents.

Glory supporitng is annoying as it means smaller clubs struggle to make it big. Interestingly very few people who are obssesed with football glory support.

Latest