Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
jimroon45
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I live in a town called Barnstaple in North Devon (The Westcountry/South West) and i support both Plymouth Argyle as my local(ish) team and my main, beloved team is good old Everton FC!! C'mon u Toffees!!

I support Everton because my friend in primary school was originally from liverpool and supported everton and therefore he introduced me to the team etc and i just generally had a special weird feeling for the club (really hard to explain) - now im not really mates with this person (im now in year 12, 6th form) but i love everton to bits and feel awful and get so het up when we lose or even draw against the average/weaker teams of the division and of course i luv it when we win....oh man how good was finishing 4th and qualyfying for the 3rd round champs lge...amazing!!
anyway, crikey, look how much ive written already...ill put a sock in it now!!
gas_panic!
Badges: 12
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jimroon45)
I live in a town called Barnstaple in North Devon (The Westcountry/South West) and i support both Plymouth Argyle as my local(ish) team and my main, beloved team is good old Everton FC!! C'mon u Toffees!!

I support Everton because my friend in primary school was originally from liverpool and supported everton and therefore he introduced me to the team etc and i just generally had a special weird feeling for the club (really hard to explain) - now im not really mates with this person (im now in year 12, 6th form) but i love everton to bits and feel awful and get so het up when we lose or even draw against the average/weaker teams of the division and of course i luv it when we win....oh man how good was finishing 4th and qualyfying for the 3rd round champs lge...amazing!!
anyway, crikey, look how much ive written already...ill put a sock in it now!!
Fake fan alert.
flexiblefish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK I was raised in east Lincolnshire, and support Leicester City (was born there and have family there). I now live in Kent and see more of them now then when I was a kid. I would see the foxes play 20 times per season H&A

I also support Lincoln City (even tho Boston and Grimsby are closer) because when I was a young teen I couldnt afford or do the 100 mile journey to Leicester so just did the 45 mile and 2hr bus journey to Lincoln (no connections to Grimsby or Boston). I was a season ticket holder for 8 years, now see them play 15 times per season H&A

Furthermore in Scotland I support Hearts. I went to uni with a Mad Hearts fan who bullied me into supporting them (well took me up on the 2hr train a few times from York to see them) also did my masters in Glasgow and couldnt face watching the old firm, so got a season ticket at Tynecastle. At the moment being in Kent is a bugger, and last season got to tynie just the once, but will be going up for the champs league this year.

Now the odd one (if we are talking association to teams and distance away from them etc). Is I am a Scotland football team Supporter. I am not scottish, have no scottish history, but I love going to watch the football team and being with the fans. I fly up for all home matches and abroad for a few matches.

I dont think its important to live near a team to support them, BUT you must be loyal (by that I dont mean where the shirt and watch them on Sky). You must travel, you feel happy when they win and miserable when they loose, you must get to all possible games that you can at no matter what lengths.

Bring on the new season, my predictions for m teams:
Leicester - Play-off winners
Lincoln - third
Hearts - Third, Scottish cup and group stages of Champions league.
Scotland - 3rd in qualifying (well thats over 2 seasons but hay its a prediction and a wishful one at that)
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If Holland had less players like Robben (and van persie) they may actually achieve something that their talent suggests. A more self indulgent team I haven't seen.
Sijia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone know where I can download a full version of funny Adidas +10 commercial? Thanks.
Бербато&
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anybody know if there is an internet page somewhere that has a breakdown of all the summer transfers, club-by-club, because i have missed some of the early summer transfers.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ruud Van Nistelrooy wants United Exit
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bushboy)
does anybody know if there is an internet page somewhere that has a breakdown of all the summer transfers, club-by-club, because i have missed some of the early summer transfers.
this might help http://www.goal.com/en/transfertzone.aspx
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8B4zBRFlA

The above video has all the gifs mentioned above the link.

http://www.planetavp.com/conrad/RRZid.gif
-- Dan --
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bushboy)
I think Sky Sports has it somewhere
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Ruud Van Nistelrooy wants United Exit
Man Utd for the UEFA Cup. :tsr2:
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
If Holland had less players like Robben (and van persie) they may actually achieve something that their talent suggests. A more self indulgent team I haven't seen.
Who would you play instead of them, considering the dutch have always played 4-3-3? I'm not Van Persie's biggest fan, but he's a talented player, and Robben is the best lefty in the world imo.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Klinsmannic)
Who would you play instead of them, considering the dutch have always played 4-3-3? I'm not Van Persie's biggest fan, but he's a talented player, and Robben is the best lefty in the world imo.
You're probably correct like, but I'm just saying. The way they played against Portugal they deserved to go out. I thought van Basten had finally kicked the old Dutch habit out but once again it just looked like a collection of talented players as they usually do. They started brigtly but after the first 10 minutes or so there was no cohesion or teamwork. Everytime their widemen got the ball they got their heads down and ran. Not to mention some farcical long range shooting from outside the box by the midfield. For me, the biggest dissapointment that night was not the number of yellow/red cards but the performance of the Dutch.
completely random
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
FORZA AZZURRI!!!!!!!!

I never thought I'd be alive to see Italy win the world cup again - not that I never had faith that they could do it of course. One of my earliest memories is seeing Baggio miss the crucial penalty in 1994 so we were capable. We thoroughly deserved to win and I'm so so proud. I've always been staunchly proud of my Italian heritage and even when the team has been criticised for underperforming I knew one day we could do it. If only England could do the same - not even a semi-final for 10 years.

Best of all - revenge on the French for Euro 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gas_panic!)
Support your local team, support your local team
You dirty glory hunters, you dirty glory hunters
you dirty glory hunteeeers
Support your local team
Hmmm too clear cut... if I went to support my most local team it'd be Worksop town. Instead I support a team 25 minutes up the road, Rotherham United. My dad's from Rotherham and my family support them, I've been brought up to love the Club and there was never a contest as to who I would support. That's hardly glory, but it is the right team for me to support. I feel no ties to the nearest club to my home but I feel a part of the familyesque fanbase at Millmoor.
LFC_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live on the Wirral (just over the Mersey from Liverpool) and support Liverpool. Tranmere are from the Wirral but their ground is about the same distance from me as Anfield is so Liverpool are my local team
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ssmoose)
Im used to play in goal for a team, but have kind of gre out of it. Thinking about picking up the gloves again for at uni and trying out for a college team if there is one, only porblem is my gloves are about big enough for my thumb now.
i just bought the gloves paul robinson wore at the world cup. £55 they cost
saasmi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ron Stoppable)
Lei capische l'Italiano, mi amore? :rolleyes:
now i wanna learn this language..italian!
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Another 'keeper here. Converted from defence not long after starting uni.
kizer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes I'm a keeper, love it too.

Difference with Robinson is that he has new gloves for every game! I have training gloves and match gloves though now, which helps.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads