The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One of classmates at university, well actually ex-resident from Halls, supports Arsenal mainly but watches Gillingham since he lives there. Was thinking there is a nearer London team to Gillingham than Arsenal, whether they are in the top division is a different matter.
NDGAARONDI
One of classmates at university, well actually ex-resident from Halls, supports Arsenal mainly but watches Gillingham since he lives there. Was thinking there is a nearer London team to Gillingham than Arsenal, whether they are in the top division is a different matter.
Geographically I think Charlton would be the nearest professional club. Then maybe Millwall.
the victory james
Geographically I think Charlton would be the nearest professional club. Then maybe Millwall.

Yeah Charlton is nearer, just. :biggrin:
Reply 5583
Live: London
Support: Liverpool
Amnesia

:hmmmm2:
Reply 5585
i'm from middlesbrough and i support middlesbrough
Amnesia

calderstonesLFC

Glory-hunting chav! :wink:
Reply 5588
calderstonesLFC

They were the first team I ever saw.

NDGAARONDI

I go to uni in York. I am currently on summer break in London and I grew up on the outskirts of London, so I though it would be better to say London.

NDGAARONDI
Glory-hunting chav!

I supported them through their dry-spell in the early and mid '90s. They have not won the league for years. I don't call that glory-hunting!
Reply 5589
I love the way people use the 90s as a way to cover up something. Since the conception of the premiership we haven't won the league but in that time we have won the charity shield, super cup twice, 3 FA Cups (4 finals), 3 league cups (4 finals), uefa cup and the biggest european club trophy - the ****ing champions league.

I'm not calling you a glory hunter, hell I really couldn't care less if you were. But apart from the mancs, Arsenal and recently the rent boys, 88 out of the 92 league teams in the country would give an arm and a leg to see a fraction of the success that we've had over the last 16 years.
Reply 5590
I understand that we have had far more success than most, but what I was trying to say was that if I was just a glory-hunter then I would have went and supported Manchester Utd or Arsenal who were much more successful during the '90s. I admit my reasons for supporting Liverpool are not particularly sound, but I have been a loyal supporter for years! I wanted a team with a relatively high profile so I could watch them regularly.
Live: Leyland, just outside Preston.
Support: Blackburn Rovers :smile:
Reply 5592
It looks like أحمد حسام is about to sign for Blackburn Rovers.
Reply 5593
That's Hossam Hussein Abdelamid Ahmed..

ie Mido.
Amnesia
They were the first team I ever saw.

I supported them through their dry-spell in the early and mid '90s. They have not won the league for years. I don't call that glory-hunting!

The old 'they were the first team I ever saw' line doesn't wash.

Wow, they have won hardly anything over the last 20 years have they!

Fake fan. You are whats wrong with football sunshine.
Reply 5595
gas_panic!

What difference does it make where you live? A lot of people who support their local team are not committed supporters, don't attend games, buy the shirts or join the supporter's club. Obviously I don't have an affiliation to the city of Liverpool like 'real fans' but how many of the Liverpool players were born and brought up in Liverpool? Are they fake players just like I'm a fake fan? I do go and see games played by my local club (which is not even close to being in the league) and used to play for their youth team, so its not as if I am completely ignoring local football. But the fact is that I watch football for my own enjoyment and even if I am a fake fan I enjoy supporting Liverpool and that is what I will continue to do.
gas_panic!
The old 'they were the first team I ever saw' line doesn't wash.

Wow, they have won hardly anything over the last 20 years have they!

Are Rafa Benitez, Alex Fergie, Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger all fake managers?
NDGAARONDI
You could always follow Point FC

Wrong island:rolleyes:

Wanderers all the way boy:biggrin:
I support Chelsea but live in spain. My spanish teams are Real Madrid and Valencia
Live: Wirral Support: Liverpool

Latest