Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    Redknapp is a bad manager, think about it... he managed to ruin one of the biggest teams in the premiership in West Ham... and He even left you to manage your rivals Southampton...making him a judas as well ! lifes ace... Up The HULL !
    Yeah but he also got us promoted to the prem on a shoestring budget, and he took southampton down. and he got sacked from west ham before they got ruined. but if you don't redknapp thats your oppinion, i just disagree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurricaneHerd)
    Redknapp is a bad manager, think about it... he managed to ruin one of the biggest teams in the premiership in West Ham... and He even left you to manage your rivals Southampton...making him a judas as well ! lifes ace... Up The HULL !
    How did he ruin West Ham? Alan Pardew admittedly is doing a great job atm, but hardly producing players that Harry will have churned out.

I don't blame Harry for walking out of Pompey at one point. Milan knew he was equally wrong and they both shook hands and got on with a job they both desperately enjoyed and had equal aims. Both top professional men.

Southampton was purely a stop gap to grasp the situation. Where were Southampton earlier on this season in the Championship and where are they now?

Harry is IMO, a good manager. Not Chelsea, Arsenal or England material, but a quality manager that can do wonders that Arsene, Mourhino or Benitez couldn't at lower level (without being harsh).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengal_tiger)
    Personally I think that Bridge and Cole should play on the left , that way the team would have balance.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Which would you play in defence and which in midfield. I'd say play Bridge at the back with Cole in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    I agree wholeheartedly. Which would you play in defence and which in midfield. I'd say play Bridge at the back with Cole in the middle.
    yeh Bridge in defence and Cole on the left side of midfield , due to coles pace.

Although I think that they could both play either position, they are both good going forward and Cole has now proven that he can defend ( outstanding in Euro 2004 especially against portugal)

ReputationRep:
    They will stay up. 3 Points ahead of Birmingham now, and with an easier run in coupled with their form.

ReputationRep:
    It would be great to see pompey go down because of the millions they spent during jan transfer window would show us that its not all about the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    It would be great to see pompey go down because of the millions they spent during jan transfer window would show us that its not all about the money.
    Ever heard of a team called Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm sure they will. They deserve it more than WB and Blues. I would feel sorry for that guy who bought the shares, spending 15mil and then losing 10 when you get relegated.

You in excellent form, unlike WB and Blues. I hope that you stay up, with Villa!:rolleyes:

Lol, Walshie, yes i've heard of chelsea, they're wastng their money. I hope they crash and burn! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    Why are nobody satisfied. we have had no money to spend for nearly 40 years and almost bust and about 3 occasions, and got a stadium that would appear a shambles compared with a league 2 ground. So why are we not allowed to spend a bit of money in january? after all we were still in trouble before that, and for a short time after.

we've had to rely on luck too much in recent years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    As you may well know Portsmouth extended their unbeaten run to 5 after coming from behind to draw with Arsenal.

can pompey pull of one of the greatest great escapes or stumble at the last herdle?

what are you views??
    I have complete faith in them staying up,as ive supported them all my life.. They have a tendency of being at the bottom for most of the season, and then narrowly escaping relegation by just a few points Even if they do go down, i won't stop supporting them, its kind of a family tradition to support pompey..

Im glad they drew with arsenal, surprised me a bit, but arsenal are becoming shyte anyway, they aren't what they used to be!!

Was so happy to see them scummers go down a league... :hahaha:

Good Old Harry Redknapp!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_ndy_)
    I have complete faith in them staying up,as ive supported them all my life.. They have a tendency of being at the bottom for most of the season, and then narrowly escaping relegation by just a few points Even if they do go down, i won't stop supporting them, its kind of a family tradition to support pompey..

Im glad they drew with arsenal, surprised me a bit, but arsenal are becoming shyte anyway, they aren't what they used to be!!

Was so happy to see them scummers go down a league... :hahaha:

Good Old Harry Redknapp!!
    i like the way you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    i like the way you think

Was an excellent thing to see scum-hampton go down :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lost to Charlton and i Feel as sick as a dog!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, terrible result from the sounds of it. But on my predictor I only put a draw, and on it Pompey end up 3 points clear so I guess that's okay so long as Rovers hold Brum to a draw.

The bad news is we have no proper strikers - Benjani has not come good yet and we don't have time to wait for him, Toddy is ok but not really Prem quality, Lualua got himself injured dammit, Karadis... his footballing ability is worse than his hairstyle. Apparently we missed a host of sitters today.

The good news is that the players will be confident but not complacent of beating Sunderland, who must've had their stuffing annihilated today with a big loss to their local rivals. If we can put 3 or 4 past them (getting ahead of myself here with our current strikeforce, but I can dream!) it'd be lovely to close that goal difference gap and effectively give ourselves an extra point.

But, a win today and we'd have been looking very, very good.

I think it's more disappointment than despair today, but if we don't win at the weekend it could be both :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)

Harry is IMO, a good manager. Not Chelsea, Arsenal or England material, but a quality manager that can do wonders that Arsene, Mourhino or Benitez couldn't at lower level (without being harsh).
    What a random thing to say. For a start Mourhino did do it at a lower level, he took some random lower league side to second in the Portugese top flight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theresa Smells)
    What a random thing to say. For a start Mourhino did do it at a lower level, he took some random lower league side to second in the Portugese top flight.
    How is that random? I really hate that word 'Random'. Its the new chavvy thing to say, I swear.

So you're suggesting Harry could do a better job that Arsene, Ferguson or Mourhino at their respective clubs? Errrr no!

Reverse the situation. Could Arsene, Mourhino or Ferguson do better than Harry with the money he has? Again - I don't think so. Wenger may come close, but he alsways buys a £10million signing to balancve out the experience.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Birmingham!! It's in their hands now and their remaining games could be alot worse. Would so love to see traitor Harry's face if pompey go down (and become the first manager to get relegated twice in a row in the premiership!!! haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    Come on Birmingham!! It's in their hands now and their remaining games could be alot worse. Would so love to see traitor Harry's face if pompey go down (and become the first manager to get relegated twice in a row in the premiership!!! haha)
    I Swear this is a southampton supporter!

ReputationRep:
    ^^lol nah just would like to see a traitor get what he deserves

ReputationRep:
    personaly I know that if the worse case scenario did occer and we went down, we've got the best chance of any to come back up again cause we've got resorces. I don't want them to go down but if the worse does happen you always have to look at the glass as half full not half empty!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.