Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
PrOdiGy_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
jumping on the bandwagon...thats what they call it.
true. although i cant help but feel sorry for the england players with that muppet who was managing them
worldwide
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He had a poor world cup. Big deal. Playing four average games when the team around you isn't playing that well doesn't stop you being the best player in the world. No player has as much pace, strength and skill combined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfT--...rch=ronaldinho

ronaldinho is a better player. He plays always with a smile on his face. I love to watch henry, but only when surrounded by brilliant players. I'm not sure Henry is the most sporting player, whatever people want to believe. Taking free kicks when the opposition aren't ready? diving? sulking on the halfway line when your team aren't playing well? Things that Henry does that Ronaldinho would never do. Henry gets buckets of goals, true, but he also misses some absolute sitters, and i'm still not convinced that he performs in the big matches. You can't say that Henry always wins the ball for himself either. The whole point of being a striker/attacking player is that you receive the ball from the midfield. It's just a bonus when you occasionally get it for yourself. Both are brilliant players, of course, but i'd rather watch Ronaldinho and i don't think we'd be having this discussion if he'd scored a brilliant goal in the world cup.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well in reality these are the best measures of a player at the highest level
No they're not.
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Even if World Cups were the ultimate measure of a player, which I don't believe them to be, don't we remember the impact a 21 year-old Ronaldinho made in Japan & S Korea? After all, it was that WC which sparked a mega scramble for his signature.

2004 & 2005 World player of the year- voted by national team coaches.

2005 Ballon D'Or (European player of the year)- voted by a panel of European journalists (the ultimate accolade imo).

FIFpro 2005 award winner (inaugral)- voted by his fellow professionals.

Even if we disagree with national team coaches, journos and footballers we have to take into account that there are people in the world who watch him every week and have come to the conclusion that he is currently the best player in the world and his been for the last 2 years. At club level he performs home and away against the best teams. In the CL he's been consistently good. Henry is great player, but he isn't as consistent away from home or against the best teams on a regular basis.
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
and...

one played for an improving top-flight team in healthy financial situation , the other played for a disgraced relegated side with impending financial troubles.
Spud
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Byronic)
People keep saying "Ronaldinho is the most naturally gifted footballer" without actually thinking about what it means to be a footballer. So, Ronaldinho is predisposed to ball tricks and fancy footballing pyrotechnics, doesn't mean he is a naturally gifted footballer. It means he happened to develop incredible ball control, but his passing game or vision isn't anywhere close to Riquelme's or his sheer graft isn't close to Gerard’s.

I think you need to define what you mean by footballer before we start claiming who is the best. I'm pretty certain to say one is the best is pretty much a redundant notion anyway.
Totally correct :congrats:
dangerousdanp
Report 12 years ago
I think Ronaldinho is very natuarally talented and aslo a superb player but people in Brazil (I am in Brazil) say Henry is a better player. They are very annoyed with Ronaldinho saying he lacks passion now and that he spent too much time with his girlfriend during the world cup. For me henry is a better player in that i would rather have him in my team as he is

a - A leader, he has began too show good leadership qualities this year.
b - Henry is more passionate evan if he is not playing well.
c- He showed increadable loyalty to arsenal this year.
d - He is acknowleged by most fans to be a good sportsment (unlike some other foriegn players)
e - I am a biased arsenal supporter!
worldwide
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
a - A leader, he has began too show good leadership qualities this year.
b - Henry is more passionate evan if he is not playing well.
c- He showed increadable loyalty to arsenal this year.
d - He is acknowleged by most fans to be a good sportsment (unlike some other foriegn players)
a) No, he's a rubbish captain and often sulks on the halfway line when the rest of his team are trying desperately to get the ball to him
b) Ronaldinho constantly has a smile on his face and if he wasn't passionate, he wouldn't play in an interesting fashion. People only criticise him in Brazil because they need a scapegoat or five to make up for not winning the world cup.
c) He would have left if they weren't in the champions' league, plus he gets paid over 100k a week. Money buys loyalty.
d) As i've mentioned, remember his reaction after the champions' league final? Remember him not bothering to chase the ball in the second half? Remember him taking free kicks without the opposition being ready? Remember that dive in the world cup?

He's a brilliant player, just this is a thread about ronaldinho, who i think is still better.
worldwide
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
henry is still a great player though, don't get me wrong.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by worldwide)
a) No, he's a rubbish captain and often sulks on the halfway line when the rest of his team are trying desperately to get the ball to him
c) He would have left if they weren't in the champions' league, plus he gets paid over 100k a week. Money buys loyalty.

He's a brilliant player, just this is a thread about ronaldinho, who i think is still better.
I think henry is a great captain. i would love to say that i captained the team who reached the champs league final in my first season as captain. also, henry is one of the few players in the prem who actually applauds when people put in good crosses or make an effort, this is morale boosting and is what a cap'n should do.
As regards to loyalty, henry isnt in footie for the money - sure he gets a lot but could have got more at barca and chose to stay, common sense buys loyalty. Being truthful i never once thought henry would defect because you know that arsenal has done a lot for thierry and to leave would have hurt but also, the relationship he has with the fans is important to, i think this influenced his decision greatly
(sorry to stray from the ronaldinho thread!!)
worldwide
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
I think henry is a great captain. i would love to say that i captained the team who reached the champs league final in my first season as captain. also, henry is one of the few players in the prem who actually applauds when people put in good crosses or make an effort, this is morale boosting and is what a cap'n should do.
As regards to loyalty, henry isnt in footie for the money - sure he gets a lot but could have got more at barca and chose to stay, common sense buys loyalty. Being truthful i never once thought henry would defect because you know that arsenal has done a lot for thierry and to leave would have hurt but also, the relationship he has with the fans is important to, i think this influenced his decision greatly
(sorry to stray from the ronaldinho thread!!)
fair points
Byronic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why don't we just settle this once and for all - Jason Euell owns them both.
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Tottenham??

And calderstones, when both contracts are for 4 years or whatever, what the hells the difference. Vieira will end his contract with equal fitness to that of Carrick. A player of his calibre wont tail off until mid thirties.
Scienceboi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
18+MILLION!?!?!

They might as well have just thrown 25 million at corinthians for mascherano, would have STILL been a better deal!!
PrOdiGy_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Byronic)
Why don't we just settle this once and for all - Jason Euell owns them both.
lol you are so getting rep for that
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey! Gerrard better come back home safe.
Rainy
Badges: 2
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 789654123)
Hey! Gerrard better come back home safe.
Only Gerrard? :rolleyes:

It hardly takes an iota of intelligence to realise international football match plus state of war equals ridiculous. The threat to both team and travelling fans would be unacceptable, even in Tel Aviv, for such a high profile occasion.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Apparently Tel Aviv is now under threat aswell.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Verdict's on the 7th?
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Israel shouldn't have teams in European football anyway.
Is Israel even in Europe? Come to think of it, how comes it can compete in the Eurovision song contest :confused:

In addition to Hezbollah rockets... with the IDF track record for accuracy in this conflict, anywhere in the middle-east is at risk.

Back to football, Haifa are a tricky team, and moving the tie out of Israel would obviously weaken them a lot. Arsenal and L'pool have been quite unlucky with the difficulty of qualifier imo.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (293)
25.37%
No I don't (561)
48.57%

Watched Threads