The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do you remember Grimandi's *amazing* looping volley that won us the game in the last minute or so, against Palace I think. He had his back to goal and it just floated into the top corner!

I don't think Pascal's capable of that..yet. But his 2 goals against Fulham (last season?) will go down in Highbury folklore, I'm sure.
^ I do. I'm sure that was 1997. I also remember Christopher Wreh? - can't remember if thats it, getting us a wonder goal against Bolton to give us a 1-0 victory whcih was pivotal. :biggrin:
Reply 5842
If i posted it in there, then i would be cutting in on other oversations. And if everybody done that then no one would be able to keep up with the chat, because so many people would be talking about different things.

Most people using the football threads agree that there being closed down to harshly! Just let the threads stand because that is what we want. Stop trying to control us so much, this is the people forum.

I feel that you are miss using your power!
Reply 5843
Just filter your own f**ks, s**ts, c**ts and p*** like I do :biggrin: Don't let the b******* get you down :biggrin:
Our folically challenged hero won the penalty at the weekend! Join the Sect of Stone!
I don't get either of them.

Lol kidding.

David and Victoria are sat down at the table when all of a sudden David gets up and starts chanting...
"57 days, 57 days!".
"What are you so happy about?" asks Victoria.
"I just did this jigsaw in 57 days!" he replied.
"Is that good?" asked Victoria.
"Yer" said David, "it says 2-3years on the box".

Wahey! Ok here's another joke. Birmingham City! Had to get that one in there:biggrin:
Cristiano Ronaldo goes to the doctor complaining about getting an erection every time he looks in the mirror. The doctor looks him up and down and says "Cristiano, it's because you're a c--t."

What's the difference between a dead dog lying the road and Cristiano Ronaldo lying in the road?
-There are skid marks before the dog
I havent spotted a post which is exclusively about this - so thought I'd start one.

As a Gooner I am disgusted with the behaviour of the pair of them - more so Cashley.

I think this article by Rod Liddle from the Times last Sunday sums it up perfectly.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2094-2300545,00.html
tbh most footballers do sit on their high horse like this.
I will post in here to remind you that matches/threads have been made so no one misses any.

Please see Predictions forum and guidelines for how to play if you are not familiar with our long running system which is now moving into its third season. :eek:

PL= Premier League
CL= Champoions League
FA= well FA Cup matches

I am sure you get the idea. :biggrin:

I have posted the Community Shield
Yeah I know. But I mean its unacceptable. It would be nice to see some loyalty these days - instead of players chasing pound signs and celebrity.

Watching the Bergkamp testemonial a couple of weeks ago was just so special. Witnessing the departure of a real loyal football player.

I fear its going to be a long time before that sort of event can happen again for any club in England.
After attending the Leyton Orient/Millwall match yesterday, this issue has been put forthmost in my mind. I saw a few scuffles before the match, and apparently Millwall fans were fighting amongst themselves in the high street. Not to mention, I think Millwall fans are the ones who manage to swear the most in their chants. Not that I despise them or anything lol.

But has anyone else witnessed much hooliganism recently? And if so do you think there is less of it about, or just that the police have got it right? I personally think the police have a much stronger and informed domestic presence than before!
Reply 5852
The hooligans that were ever present in the 90's have all but disappeared from games. I think the police did a very successful job of eliminating the organised hooligan groups in football thanks in large to CCTV. Plus the changes in social class of fans at many premiership clubs (notably chelsea) has reduced any potential for hooliganism.

Nowadays its mainly drunken loutish behaivour at matches, nothing really organised or major.
hoolaganism is generally present in lower league games, albeit a small amount. theres hardly any in the prem. well thats if you keep pompey and southampton seperated :p:
Reply 5854
It's still there, ignorant to say it isn't, but you have to go looking harder for it.
Well we signed Sol Campbell. That's a good step forward :smile:
We don't need Reyes so let him f*** off. Cole on the other hand, I would hate to see go, even after all this fuss.

He claims the club used him as a scapegoat. Maybe. But I'm not sure how Arsenal should have handled the situation then - it's a pretty big thing to do - maybe he wanted them to brush it under the carpet??
As I said, I don't like what he's done, but if he stays, I think we can forget this saga for the sake of football.

You're right regarding Dennis' testimonial. I can't think of anyone else in England who's on course for something like that, but the next time we'll get to appreciate someone that legendary for us is of course when Thierry Henry decides to hang up his boots. But may that be a very long way away! :smile:
Reply 5857
It is a big shame. Of course yes, as you have all said, more so on Ashley's path. I can't believe these people, Scapegoat?!?! How can he say that :rolleyes:, it is not exactly right for him to go and talk with ANOTHER club. I guess he expected Arsenal to pat him on the back after that :s:. He got his punishment (rightfully so) and I guess he needs to DEAL WITH IT!!!
I wonder what crap he will manage to write in his book! One would have though he'd be loyal after spending so many years at Arsenal, but they all tend to be overwhelmed by greed most of the time. I still have great respect for him as a full back though, but that's where it ends.

Reyes is just being a hypocrite! 1 minute he says this, the next minute he says something else. I hardly see Arsenal crashing down with his departure..

On another note, I think Chelsea are trying to disstablize the team, ahead of next season by carrying out talks and withdrawing and talking and withdrawing! I'd rather much we sold both players to real Madrid now.. I also want Real madrid to knock out Chelsea from the CL (with Cashley and Reyes on the squad:smile: , then giant killers to knock out Real :smile: :p:
Fabio Capello can sort Real out!! :tsr2:
Who do you think will/should be the new England captain? The views seem to be divided about 50-50 between Gerrard and Terry according to a poll, which then put Neville and Lampard as 3rd and 4th choice. I'd like Terry to be captain but either him or Gerrard would be good. Just wondering what everyone else thought...

Latest