Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would give Michael Owen an A*. I have liked him ever since he came onto the scene and I am not going to stop liking him now.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What is McLaren doing! Beckham may be loosing his place, but to make a bold rash statement like this, shows his inexperience.

Becks deserves to be in the England setup without question. He may not be first choice always due ot the emergence of SWP and Lennon, but he is a great statesman and still one of the best in the world on his day.

Ridiculous decision. Feel really sorry for him, and hope he proves Steve wrong.
Teehar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dropping him completely seems rather idiotic to me. he is probably past his best and he isnt going to be the best member/captain of the squad anymore, but to drop him completely is just plain idiotic. he's been an integral part for the past years and should still play a part however small.
Teehar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -- Dan --)
Maybe he's hoping for a move to Bolton soon.
:rofl:

or he just wants money like every other player.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 6+6=6)
:rofl:

or he just wants money like every other player.
LOL. And people say Cole is a greedy b******. :rolleyes: :p:
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I want becks to come back, and i think he will. The side seems to be, to me, more about giving some younger players a chance, whether or not beckham is fit, and i think it will be interesting to see englands attacking play in the match against greece
gaijin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In the UK, hooliganism has gone from the terraces and has transferred itself onto the high-streets at about 2am on a Friday night.

Back in the old days, it was dirt cheap to go and see a football team play - so you could be guaranteed it would attract all sorts of ugly characters from all walks of life. Stick them all together in a pressure-cooker testosterone fuelled situation and *boom*.

Nowadays thanks to heavy police presence, a greater understanding of the effects, causes and reasons of hooliganism, as well as an obscene level of ticket prices - hooliganism has all but disappeared and only surfaces when emotions are extremely high (i.e - derby matches)

Its now more prevalent on the continent, where the foreign authorities have very little intelligence in dealing with such problems, the structure of the clubs are also defined in such a way that most ultras and hooligan groups practically run the club and hold it to ransom.

And of course, in the likes of Poland, Russia, Czech Republic etc - it costs about £2 to see a top-flight match. So this won't deter people from the lower walks of life going.

You could make the argument that those in the former Eastern Bloc countries are somewhat socially behind us after decades of a communism lifestyle - however violence and racism in France, Italy and Spain proves its little more than this - and a large part of it is down to the authorities and their apathy towards it.
cfcbradders
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
in my opinion, beckham has been overrated his whole career and is a brand not a world class player. aside from his awesome delivery which nobody on this planet can better, i will admit that, he lacks alot of the ability which would make him on par with ronaldinhio, lamps, gerrard, zidane and co.

i dont think mclaren should have dropped him from the squad, instead just from the team. i think there are players who rightly deserve their places in the squad like lennon, swp and ashton (bags of potential) who are the future and at the end of the day becks isnt going to be at the next world cup and it is ONLY a friendly (opening myself up for criticism no game is a friendly!) so lets see what the other boys can so, shall we.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The best of Beckham is considerably better than Lampard or Gerrards best in my opinion. Beckham may be a brand, but you can't fault his dedication to the England cause. He wears his heart on the sleeve, and he has produced some of the best football I have ever seen form a footballer.

I agree that Lennon and SWP could have come in for Becks, but to deny him continuation is insulting and embarassing for the England fans.

I've been a Beckham lover ever since his sending off against the Argies. Some of his displays were out of this world, and hopefully we can see some of that again in an England shirt.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
The best of Beckham is considerably better than Lampard or Gerrards best in my opinion.
beckham's best better than gerrard's best? dude, no offence, but what have you been smoking?

(Original post by walshie)
I agree that Lennon and SWP could have come in for Becks, but to deny him continuation is insulting and embarassing for the England fans.
i think beckham is out on the basis mclaren wants a new ethos to his team - its hard enough work having an ex-captain still in the team at club level, and at national level i'd assume it was far worse. it signifies a new era. which is what i think england needs. i'd have gone further and dropped lampard as well
Scarecrow4555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I feel sorry of him, but he has money.
by-torslayshisfoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So where do you reckon your team will finish?

I say 4th or 5th for Spurs. :cool:
Uncle_fish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
2nd or 3rd for Liverpool
sul
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
6th for rovers
Zlatan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How good was Benni today.

Bellamy who?
London_psycho
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Zidane, possibly the greatest footballer there ever was.
D-G
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Falco)
How good was Benni today.

Bellamy who?
You dont want him to be too good, otherwise a big club will buy him off you!

i say

1 - Chelsea
2 - Liverpool
3 - Man U
4 - Arsenal
5 - Spurs
6 - Newcastle
7 - Blackburn
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Unless we strengthen the squad I'd be happy with second again.
Lil' J
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
west ham hopefully top 10 again and uefa cup .
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
its a one horse race
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (16)
18.18%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (36)
40.91%
Nope, not that interesting (36)
40.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed