The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6060
Me again as you can see ive gone with pretty strong spine, looking at it to save on some money perhaps playing van der sar instead of cech, saving 0.5 mill, and chances or either spurs and man u both conceding on same day arent going to be to often. What you think of strike force? Bellamy will score at least 10, defoe will be on fire as he will get more matches and Berbatov is the cheapest of the 3 yet again likely to score at least 10? Instead of going for henry and then having one weak striker?
Reply 6061
KingKev
Are you a Spurs fan by any chance!!

L Y Pyo and Wes Brown should be swapped for, Wayne Bridge and Kolo Toure.

Nobby is a good player, will get points, he scores goals and assists, but if Charles N'Zogbia was playing first team he'd get more points. Morten Gamst Pedersen is a tad over rated. The man to get this season is Mikel Arteta.

Should have Henry instead of Defoe. Unless you cant afford it.

Lol i might be a spurs fan:smile: Umm bridge is he still at chelsea? If so i cant see him getting a game or has he moved? Toure is on my list i was thinking of but wiht lee at 3.4 and toure at 4.2 i would have to lose another 0.8 millions somewhere else. Do u think arteta will get the matches? Why doesnt Nzogbia play first team?? Soz for all the q's
Reply 6062
No it's not Bull.

Famous Newcastle United story, was big news at the time.

Chelsea fans hid behind the Haymarket station, when the Newcastle fans came out after the game to go home they ran out from round the corner, the innocent Newcastle fans turned to run, of which some were children. One man said to his mate somethings hit my back, when his mate looked there was a knife sticking out of his back.

Chelsea had a very poor reputation back in those days. They were also a very racist set of supporters.

:rolleyes:
it still exsits its just gone more underground and is less reported upon. rather than happening outside grounds its moved to parks and wastelands in the general area.
Reply 6064
redhotchilipepper
Hi, few mates and I put £20 in for first half of season and we choose 15 playes, 1 sub for each position (442) , however all players are used for example if my sub goalkeeper does better than my 1st one then points used from the sub goalkeeper will count towards total instead! We had 65 mill to spend this is my team.

Cech
Robinson

Dawson
Brown
Carragher
Terry
L Y Pyo

Lennon
Duff
Gerrard
Rosicky
Solano

Berbatov
Bellamy
Defoe

Im just over the limit with this team, any suggestions of players i should change, im thinking of perhaps removing Brown and putting in another full back but who??
Also Midfiels im happy with apart from Solano, do you reckon pederson could be a good bet or was it a lucky season? or garcia, open to all suggestions
At present im 1.5 mill over thats estimating terrys price cause i didnt write it down

Firstly don't pick reserve team players (i.e. defoe). I would honestly get someone like Bent or Harewood, who are guaranteed to get games and, more importantly, goals. Might be better just picking the whole chelsea defence if you pick up points for clean sheets because they won't leak many goals this season. :p:
Reply 6065
Umm bridge is he still at chelsea? If so i cant see him getting a game or has he moved?

He is currently their only left back, having a good pre season played well in charity shield, should have a lot of games and be first team if they dont sign Cole, thats the risk you take, hoping they dont sign someone, but then again if they do then he will probably move to Spurs or Newcastle.

Do u think arteta will get the matches?

This season yes, he's having an immense pre season, he'll perform fantastically but i've changed my mind about the points he'll get because he doesnt score many.

So i recommend Kevin Nolan instead.

Why doesnt Nzogbia play first team??

He does, he played 30+ games last season, was first choice left winger, didnt play away in europe the other week because Roeder wanted to go defensively and play Butt and Parker.

Hopefully he will play a lot of games, if Roeder is smart enough! I'd be disappointed if he didnt. As for Solano, i think their is a risk he slowly loses his first team place to Kieron Dyer and or James Milner as the season goes on, Nobby's last year unfortunately i think.
Reply 6066
defoe isnt a reserve team player! He played a lot more than people think he did last season just had a bad one, whats the poing in choosing a west spam striker when they have like 5 or 6 wanting a start. Although now ashton had broken ankle harewood got more chance. Bents a good idea, but defoe is a better striker. Ive picked terry but who else can i pick from chelsea defence whose a gauranteed start, plus im over limit by a million
Reply 6067
Ferreira.

Is the list online of players you can choose from?
Reply 6068
Okay i will have a look at nzogbia, but where does Duff fit in then if he plays on left? Not willing to risk bridge really, ideally who i want to change atm is either berbatov, solano(but hes my cheap player lol) and probs carragher or terry because they are the ones bumping up price, who plays alongside those 2 normally? Finnan isnt it and chelsea??
Reply 6069
Newcastle play 4-5-1, Duff left, N'Zogbia inside left. Depends if we sign someone else, come to think of it, Nobby or Downing might be a safer bet. Yakubu would be a good striker aswell, scores more than Defoe
Reply 6070
was thinking about downing but not sure on teh chances of spurs signing him?
if they do he wont get as many games. Might be better bet than solano though. Yakubu or Defoe, hmm id rather defoe perhaps cause im a spurs fan but I will think about that to. cheers for help
Reply 6071
no chance will Spurs sign Downing, maybe at the end of the season if Boro have a stinker, but right now Gibson will never let him go. I doubt he'd want to go either.
Reply 6072

In the words of Roy Walker its good but its not the one.
I think its disgusting how Real Madrid started hanging around Reyes and putting big ideas into his mind and completely unsettling him. Though he has always had issues since he's been here about being homesick etc. he was fine up to a few weeks ago and eager to start the new season.

I dont know why then even want him - I didnt think he was particualry well regarded in Spain seeing as he failed to start any of their WC matches.

I was reading comments today allegedly made by Reyes about how he states he will be not be training with Arsenal again. Just who exactly does he think he is. He signed a contract with us until 2011 - and nothing has yet being finalised between Arsenal and Real. So he is no position to be making rash self-important comments like that.

Fickle - thats what he is. Real show some interest - and all of a sudden he's ready to drop everything and leave.
Reply 6074
He scored in the U21 match. I am surprised that he is started because I thought that Peter Taylor would bring him on as a sub against tiring legs!

Yippppeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I am so happy for Theo! He had a point to proved and he's tried to that withing the 1st 3 minutes. Come on Wenger! Sit up and take notice of a kid who could be good! Give him a chance...
Reply 6075
He still has a very long way to go, if he just keeps his head down and keeps focus then im sure he will become a very gd player!
Is Scott Sinclair playing? Don't think he's in the right age bracket though.
Reply 6077
NDGAARONDI
Is Scott Sinclair playing? Don't think he's in the right age bracket though.

He's not in the 1st 11 playing at the moment anyhow.
Xenon
He's not in the 1st 11 playing at the moment anyhow.

Same age but 17 years old. Just people say the striking partnership for England in the future will be Walcott and Sinclair. Too early to say to be honest.
Reply 6079
woot...good news for gunners

Latest