The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Are there any uncapped players who have so far been overlooked and that you'd like to see break into the squad ??

Personally i think Kevin Nolan should get a chance.... A great goalscoring midfielder and we seem to lack one at this moment in time.

James Beattie - Providing he produces some of the form he showed last year then he should deserve a shot.
I know this is going to be unpopular, but I think Darren Fletcher is criminally underrated. He doesn't try to be fancy, and is a simple player, but he is effective and does a good job for both Manchester United and Scotland. I have a feeling this could be the year people take notice of him (in a positive manner), much like we saw happen with the much-maligned Hargreaves in the summer.
umm no...the list is like;
Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Defoe, Aston, Bent, Johnson, 4-5-1 formation, Walcott, forfeit the match THEN beattie :biggrin:
Fred and Juninho (sp) from Lyon are two players we don't hear everyday, but they're both a threat to clubs in the CL
1. Liverpool
2. United
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Newcastle
Yeah, i'd agree with Kevin Nolan. Also Richardson to play more of a part :smile:
Money? Seeing as he rejected a move to Barca I don't think he's a greedy person for those of you who say he is.
Ronaldinho
Reply 6188
I think Cisse (sp??) of liverpool is VERY underrated. I have heard people saying he is a crap player, I think he is VERY good :smile:
Reply 6189
and just after he'd convinced me to buy Nike trainers as well... :p:

pfft, does anyone *really* go out of their way to buy the make their favorite player endorses?
Reply 6190
I don't think Xavi is underrated, most football fans know what a great player he is. With him being injured for most of last season obviously he wasn't talked about as much as other players.
Sissoko..The guy is ****ing phenonemal.
for the last 4 years Owen Hargreaves has not only been underrated but taken so much flack it is criminal. its his self-belief, character and game that has finally taken him to the fans hearts. about time too.

leighton baines doesn't seem to be attracting too much attention (and it seems to me a lot of people don't twig its the wigan defender in the under 21's set up).

malbranque, viduka, sissoko, solskjaer, king.
Reply 6193
Two underrated players who have had similar stories: Joey Barton and Jermaine Pennant. Both have been in a lot of trouble as youngsters, but last season both of them matured, and now pennant is at liverpool i think we can expect great things of him this season. I think Barton is very underrated, he's a Gerrard style player, he wins tackles, runs all game and can score some cracking goals too.
Reply 6194
Scott Parker - Overlooked for the England squad, was brillant last year for a team that were struggling!

Momo - This year he should get some of the credit he deserves!
serious narb
I'm just waiting for a Liverpool fan to say Sissoko

calderstonesLFC
Sissoko..The guy is ****ing phenonemal.

:rolleyes:

D-G
Scott Parker - Overlooked for the England squad, was brillant last year for a team that were struggling!

Agreed.
As an obsessive Royals fan, I have to make sure we get our fair share *well a small share* of the football discussion thread!

I know most people think we're going to be the next Sunderland but there must be some other people who see us as the next Wigan :biggrin:??

Sooo...Middlesborough v. Reading - what does anybody reckon?

And don't just be mean hehe
Just 2 hours till the big kick off - last season i wouldn't have cared much for the premiership but after we trounced dirty Leeds and Palarse in the play-offs i do :biggrin:

Everton 0 - 1 Watford

Damien Francis debut goal :biggrin:
I think Boro will win, but only by one goal. As for the season, if you stay up it will be job well done :smile:
Ronaldo VII
I think Boro will win, but only by one goal. As for the season, if you stay up it will be job well done :smile:

Awww but Boro are rubbish :frown:, I thought they were one of the few teams we might beat!!

Latest