Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bethy)
Awww but Boro are rubbish , I thought they were one of the few teams we might beat!!
It depends which Boro team turns up, if its the UEFA Cup Finalalists it will be tough, but if not there is always a chance :p:
chewitt_hemel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gemini_xxx)
there true no.1 is probably cantona cause if you think about it his the 1 true consistence in the nike franchise. I mean how many players can still have staring roles in big adverts a good 10 years after retirement.
anyway i hope I’ve shed some light on the matter.
errrrm Ronaldinho ??
discombobulation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
It depends which Boro team turns up, if its the UEFA Cup Finalalists it will be tough, but if not there is always a chance :p:
Hmmmm thats quite true...I can dream anyway, we can beat Watford and Sheff at least
chewitt_hemel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bethy)
Hmmmm thats quite true...I can dream anyway, we can beat Watford and Sheff at least
You mean that side Watford you failed to beat last season
discombobulation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by chewitt_hemel)
You mean that side Watford you failed to beat last season
Hmmm true true, but we're clearly better than them - only have to look at last years table really!
jakatak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1. sheffield utd
2. arsenal
3. chelsea
4. pompey
5. spurs
6. man u
7. l'pool !
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Football Guidelines:

Please look and see if topic has not already been posted or look for a relevant thread if there is one to discuss your topic.

Multiple threads of the same topic WILL be merged automatically, no questions asked.

Only start a new thread when the above is not present.

Feel free to chat/discuss freely in the UFT, as this is more casual and does not have to remain on topic. Match days is when this thread will come into its own and all can gather during a match for banter/chat/goal updates etc.

Society/team threads are not limited to just the fans of said team, please do not feel excluded, its good to mingle and offer constructive comments. They can't have it all so and so. (and no petty arguments - we all love a good debate, so let's keep it at that! We don't mind it getting a little heated, 'cos passion is what football is all about, but no name-calling or whatever..)

Moderation will ease of a little, however I will not tolerate any flaming etc and I will remain as firm as ever on this.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by D-G)
Scott Parker - Overlooked for the England squad, was brillant last year for a team that were struggling!

Momo - This year he should get some of the credit he deserves!
God yeah! He has a fantastic turn of speed when he wants to.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Scott Parker...amazing player...would love him at United
discombobulation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ahem...3-2
Montrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Huraah. My team for the year is Reading, vested interest in our boy Shorey hehe.
discombobulation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Alex Mann)
Huraah. My team for the year is Reading, vested interest in our boy Shorey hehe.
Shorey's a legend!!!!!

Can't believe we won like!
Montrose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Big kick off? Oi, we're already 2 weeks into the season.
Montrose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How has he turned out? I mean, I say he's "our boy" (Orient), but he's been with you years. What sort of player has he developed into?
Montrose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Kevin Nolan has gotta be worth at least a squad place. Admittedly with Lampard, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Carrick etc he would find it very hard to get a first team spot, but he is good attacking back up. As said in another thread, I would like to see Reading's Nicky Shorey get a squad place at left back, especially if Bridge doesn't get regular football. And if he keeps going like he has, Bradley Wright Phillips wouldn't be a bad shout!
Montrose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by im_smartypants)
Walcott will struggle against any decent defender. For all the pace he has it didn't do him well against Wolves when he played for Southampton. Lescott isn't the quickest defender around and he more than matched him
In all fairness, he was a year younger then than he is now. He was, what, 16? I would expect any striker that age to struggle against Lescott! Not all promising strikers can be world beaters like Rooney straight away. Being at Arsenal with Henry won't exactly harm him. Give him 4 years and he'll be there or there abouts.
discombobulation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Alex Mann)
How has he turned out? I mean, I say he's "our boy" (Orient), but he's been with you years. What sort of player has he developed into?
Well...chants of 'Shorey for England' are heard quite often :p: although that's obviously an overstatement.
I think he's really really turned out well, he always plays well and works well with Superman Sonko
Zukee
Report 12 years ago
WOHOOO! So glad Reading won!! Brilliant game to watch! I was at the game it was full of ups and downs, but luckily ended up on a high! Bethy were you able to go to the game?

Ac
nicki04
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd really like to be able to get in touch with a footy player by writing to them. I want to be really cheeky and ask if he'll sign some stuff for my boyfriend's birthday as he's gonna be out of the country for almost a year and since he'll be deprived of his club and all his mates and stuff i wanted to cheer him up. This player is from quite a small club so i think it'd be easier than getting someone like Rooney to sign something.

Is it possible, and does anyone know how i can do it? Do i just write to the club and put his name on the top of the address, or address it to the manager? Sounds really stupid hehe. Any help would be fantastic!! Cheers.
Montrose
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bethy)
Well...chants of 'Shorey for England' are heard quite often :p: although that's obviously an overstatement.
I think he's really really turned out well, he always plays well and works well with Superman Sonko
I don't think it's an overstatement from the little I have seen of him. Who else is there apart from Cole and Bridge?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads