Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking squad, then the obvious choices have got to be Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Matthew Etherington.

ReputationRep:
    I see no reason why United would want Hargreaves. Yes he has actually had one or two decent games in a row for England, but in no way is he a Gerrard or Lampard just yet.

Also, United have already splashed out on a defensive midfielder this season so why spend x amounts of millions on Hargreaves when an attacking midfielder or striker should surely be most on the mind of Alex Ferguson?

ReputationRep:
    Nolan IMO should be in there instead of Jenas not that he is a bad player but he never seems to get a chance with England. So Nolan deserves a go.

ReputationRep:
    For one thing I must disagree with anyone who thinks Phil Neville is not England material, and the vast majority of Everton fans will agree with me on the basis of having an excellent season for them just now. His versatility and being at least good enough in each position he can play makes him worth two if not three squad players. Though I wholeheartedly agree with those who are disappointed with Jermaine Jenas' continued inclusion.

We'll all agree that Scott Parker deserves a look-in. If Joey Barton can settle again at Manchester City and have as good a season as he promised last time he'd be a good shout. Kevin Nolan has been consistently good for Bolton, though I struggle to see how an England team can accomodate him in terms of tactics and style of play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    £9m according to liverpool echo
    Yes it was, seen it written as £9m elsewhere. Still I guessed - not far off.

Also, Khalid Boulahrouz moves from Hamburg to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    I hear that Ooijer is leaving PSV and is about to join Blackburn Rovers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady05)
    Vagner Love is a quality player!!! I thoight he mite of moved somewhere else in Europe this summer. He will get noticed soon enuff!
    i think he will soon,,he sonly 23....
    him and carvalho make an amazing pair..seriously..they should try it in England..they have the physical presence..so why not..

here guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_hIAITpu0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZBi...elated&search=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenNTFC)
    I see no reason why United would want Hargreaves. Yes he has actually had one or two decent games in a row for England, but in no way is he a Gerrard or Lampard just yet.

Also, United have already splashed out on a defensive midfielder this season so why spend x amounts of millions on Hargreaves when an attacking midfielder or striker should surely be most on the mind of Alex Ferguson?
    IMO Hargreaves>Lampard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenNTFC)
    get a grip. i get the feeling you're one of the england fans who hated hargreaves playin for england because it was the cool thing to do. well, newsflash, hargreaves does have a club career, in which for the last 5 years he has been a major part of bayen munich's midfield. fergie knows that, and whilst its only recently hargreaves has managed to get the fans on his side, he has always held the admiration of the important people in the game. he's the same age as gerrard. a gerrard/hargreaves midfield for englnad would be both balanced and awesome. and imho, hargreaves is a far better midfielder than lampard.

ReputationRep:
    Pompey make late push for Martins: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...snatch+Martins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    umm no...the list is like;
    Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Defoe, Aston, Bent, Johnson, 4-5-1 formation, Walcott, forfeit the match THEN beattie
    If Peter Crouch can play for England then so can James Beattie.

ReputationRep:
    Sir Alex Ferguson has been particularly impressed with Owen Hargreaves' maturity recently. For me he's ideal; the right age, the right type of player to complement Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes, and an England player who already has ties with the Manchester United squad. Marcos Senna would have been the wrong transfer to me, at 30 years of age and only playing to his ability very recently in a longer career compared to Hargreaves. And Juan Roman Riquelme is too weak and slow for the Premiership, too inconsistent for my money, and can be man-marked out of the game. Besides, Carrick and Scholes are similar players of similar quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCollin)
    If Peter Crouch can play for England then so can James Beattie.
    Except peter crouch has a phenonemoul(sp?) goal scoring record for england..

ReputationRep:
    And Crouch knows where the net is :p: anyone HAS to admit that Crouch has played well (perhaps not the best but good enough) for England! lots of goals etc etc... the stats dont lie!!

ReputationRep:
    crouch may not the be tidiest of players, but his scoring record puts every other striker in the shade. and, goals is goals whichever way you read it.

ReputationRep:
    kerrea gilbert for right back... at cardiff city atm i think.. amazing right back for 18 yrs old i think.. long term prospect there

joey barton shud have a shout as well as reo-coker... anton ferdinand at some stage might do... curtis davies?

ReputationRep:
    i think micah rochards will sow up the right back spot for himself after GNev goes. and forget, lennon, paul anderson is gonna be *the* right winger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    And Crouch knows where the net is :p: anyone HAS to admit that Crouch has played well (perhaps not the best but good enough) for England! lots of goals etc etc... the stats dont lie!!
    I didn't say Crouch was a bad player, I just said if Crouch is given a chance for England then so should Beattie.

ReputationRep:
    Juventus will initially pay Newcastle €4.8 million (£3.3 million) for Boumsong and have also agreed to partake in a friendly between the two sides next summer.
    A friendly??????? What's so special about that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Me. :rolleyes:

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.