The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, Celtic have signed Lee Naylor (ahem) from Wolves and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink from PSV- serioulsy, you should see Vennegoor of Hesselink's name on the shirt- apparently it would cost £26 to have it put on a replica!
For those who have not seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRaS7ffyWg
Not really an injury but lets not forget the late Marc Vivian Foe, that has to be the worst moment I've ever seen in a football match.
Reply 6363
Greatest injury has to be Darren Bent being ruled out for 4 weeks after cutting his finger while making a sandwich. Daft ****! :biggrin:
Reply 6364
I don't believe that their will ever be a worse challenge in a game than the one commited by Tony Shumacher on Battiston in the 1982 World Cup. The actual challenge I believe could have paralysed or killed him.
Reply 6365
Funnier Injuries :-

Rio Ferdinand Reaching for remote and pulling a muscle
Celestine Babyaro Backflip at home and breaking leg
Alan Main Picking up Xmas gift and slipping disc
Reply 6366
Who was the keeper that dropped a bottle of aftershave on their foot and broke their toe? was it Cech?
Reply 6367
Santiago Canizares was the aftershave dropper.
Interesting choice of title...
What exactly is 'great' about an injury?
^ Used in the pejorative sense.

What about that Man City keeper who broke his neck during the FA cup final, and carried on playing and won? lol that's pretty bad
calderstonesLFC
Interesting choice of title...
What exactly is 'great' about an injury?

Great can be used as a synonym for this context though. Great doesn't necessarily mean good, it can also mean big, large and so on. :p:
Reply 6371
What John Fashnau did to Gary Mabbutt was rather nasty. Jamie Fullarton who used to play for Dundee United was involved in a challenge that resulted in his foot rotating 90 degrees. The United doctor was only minutes away from having to amputate his foot as his blood circulation was cut off.
Can't believe people have not mentioned Vinnie Jones' tackle.
Alan Smith against Liverpool at Anfield in February: broken leg and dislocated ankle. All the players standing around were shocked and one looked like he was going to throw up :s:
Reply 6374
NDGAARONDI
Can't believe people have not mentioned Vinnie Jones' tackle.

The less said about Vinny Jones' 'tackle' the better. haha
Benni
The less said about Vinny Jones' 'tackle' the better. haha

Poor Gary. :/
David Busst is the worst that I know about, not only for its gore and gut-wrench, but also because he was close to having his leg amputated due to the infections resulting from the wound. Also, to this day he can't walk normally or barely run at all; he limps quite badly, 10 years on from the injury.
dan
That's probably cos Plymouth are crap mate :biggrin:

As helpful as a dead person.
Reply 6378
Nima
David Busst is the worst that I know about, not only for its gore and gut-wrench, but also because he was close to having his leg amputated due to the infections resulting from the wound. Also, to this day he can't walk normally or barely run at all; he limps quite badly, 10 years on from the injury.

Now there's a great shout. I remember Brian McClair holding his hand as he got stretchered off and the game being delayed by about 10 minutes, as the ground staff literally got rid of the blood. Had 20+ operations as well.
NDGAARONDI
As helpful as a dead person.

Hahaha.

Actually, I am really sorry mate. For the last two days I have regretted posting that insulting comment, so I apologise. I had repped you for my comments, and I shall, from now on, endeavour to give more helpful posts!

Latest