Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm surprised the Liverpool brigade didn't come along and say something along the lines of, "Well Everton have one..."
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I'm surprised the Liverpool brigade didn't come along and say something along the lines of, "Well Everton have one..."
Well, what can I say. :cool:

Oh yeh, go here.
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fergie needs a striker or a creative midfielder. Carrick and Hargreaves do similar roles, hence why Carrick and Hargreaves were interchangeable in the World Cup. Paying 40 million for these two is a waste of money.
Zlatan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Blackburn one is a complete hash job. The other clubs pictures don't have a scabby white background on them.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Benni)
The Blackburn one is a complete hash job. The other clubs pictures don't have a scabby white background on them.
Everton's looks awful, which is why I haven't got it on mine. But we can't complain cos Cindy did a lot of hard work finding all of those logos. If you can find a better one, do so, then post it in AAM and it shall be added to the list of flags.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dan)
Everton's looks awful, which is why I haven't got it on mine. But we can't complain cos Cindy did a lot of hard work finding all of those logos. If you can find a better one, do so, then post it in AAM and it shall be added to the list of flags.
I did and I couldn't make them transparent. I had to cut them from the header baron the Barclays site. :O So you can always take the one I asked pig to add, make it transparent and then post in AAM and he will overwrite it. As it was it was a big hassle for him to add they 15 or so I asked him to do.

PS. Just how do you make them transparent?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
or make lazio champions?
i was going by his efforts over the last 6 years trying to make prima donnas into a team. he actually did something with lazio. he's shown he can be a good manager. wonder if he will ever get that form back...
Zlatan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/.../transgif.html

Even gives you a programme
jonjoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
scott carson, jussi jasskelinen, kevin nolan, fraizer richardson[leeds]
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Leighton Baines. Seems a capable defender, with good crosses from deep, important for a full-back.
gaijin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
no they couldnt. united have been trying to get him the last 3 years, even with bayern saying no and owen then backing them up, except this time, owen actually wants to go but bayern are still saying no.
Why did he extend his stay at Bayern last October to 2010, only to say he wants to leave soon after? Would it have something to do with his performances in an England shirt between then and now?

He's trying to manufacture a better deal for himself on the back of a few good England performances. United will probably pay him ridiculous amounts of money for his services. Again, if I was Hoeness, I would bite United hands off - especially if it comes in excess of 16m.

fergie has always rated hargreaves, as have bayern muncih and he has a tremenoud fanbase in germany. its just tunnel visioned englnad fans who think non prem players are not good enough for the england side.
I didn't actually say he was a bad player. I said that perceptions, in the media and fans in general have changed. Had Fergie bought him last season, he could probably have had him for half the price Bayern are probably going to quote at the minute.

I think this smacks of desperation - trying to land a player that has had his priced jacked up due in part to a good world cup when it was painful obvious the time to strike was last season. Bayern understand United's desperation to land the player and are rightly holding out until they come back with completely ridiculous offer for him.

You only have to look at Aulas' Lyon to see that you can't hold a player against his will and when you do allow him to go - you do it for as much as possible.

Only Bayern can possibly profit from this deal in the long-run.
-- Dan --
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A collection of skills, funny moments and injuries
Click here to view
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
i was going by his efforts over the last 6 years trying to make prima donnas into a team. he actually did something with lazio. he's shown he can be a good manager. wonder if he will ever get that form back...
I think being a NT manager is very different from being a club manager. SGE was a good club manager but he wasn't very good at inernational level. Similar to Trappatoni in that respect. Managing a NT requires something different.
-- Dan --
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Robbie Savage.

Ok, he isn't underrated but he does a hell of a lot more on the pitch than people give him credit for. It's fairly well known that he's picked up a bit of a reputation for winding peopleup, picking up bookings, and getting involved where he shouldn't and it's a fair reputation because he does do it sometimes, but he also gives a lot to the midfield of a team that many more skillful players don't. He'll chase every ball, go for every tackle, contest every decision and gives 100% in every game he plays.
Zlatan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Enkelman is a useless sod isnt he.
Shady05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
smudger
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Benni)
http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/.../transgif.html

Even gives you a programme
Its a shame that most of the links come up as a 404 error.

Edit: Oh got one that works. Nice :d
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wtf!? I read this in the local paper today (can't find an internet source though).

OK Rob Styles may have made a mistake in the Sheff Utd game, although actually I heard on 'You're on Sky Sports' that what Styles said about it was perfectly valid.

But even so he is (or was) certainly one of the better refs in the Premiership. Why on Earth has he been demoted due to one mistake??
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Artur Boruc, the Celtic goalkeeper, has been formally cautioned by police for a breach of the peace. The story is here.

He earned his charge by blessing himself, in an Old Firm derby.

Am I alone in thinking this to be rather ludicrous? He wouldn't have been charged for the action in any other football match, but becuase some highly strung 'Wegies got in a huff for a man expressing his religion Boruc has a stain on his criminal record. This caution is surely condoning the 'fans' who got their knickers in a twist over a harmless gesture, and is against the freedom of expression and should not have been issued. An Old Firm derby should be treated the same as any other football match and should not be thought of as exceptional circumstances.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Alan Smith last season against Liverpool
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (957)
79.82%
Leave (242)
20.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed