Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm an advocate of using video technology for big, match-altering decisions such as straight red cards, penalties, and goalmouth incidents (i.e. did it cross the line?).

Also think referee's assistants need to be reminded that the rule on offside states that there should be daylight between the players. SO many offside decisions are made when a part of the attacker is offside. It's supposed to be his whole body including feet! :mad:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mon 28th added too forgot to say.

Thread opened, could all predictors post once in here so that you can subscribe to the thread and then see when I have updated predictions. I will close it again in a couple of days.
ChubbyChutton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Using my amazing psychic powers, the premiership outcome will be...

1.LIVERPOOL
2.CHELSEA
3.ARSENAL
4.MAN.UTD
5.SPURS
6.NEWCASTLE
7.WEST HAM
8.BLACKBURN
9.EVERTON
10.BOLTON
11.PORTSMOUTH
12.WIGAN
13.MAN CITY
14.ASTON VILLA
15.READING
16.SHEFF.UTD
17.MIDDLESBROUGH
18.CHARLTON
19.FULHAM
20.WATFORD

Well i might get the top four right...hopefully!
oldcodger
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
I'm an advocate of using video technology for big, match-altering decisions such as straight red cards, penalties, and goalmouth incidents (i.e. did it cross the line?).

Also think referee's assistants need to be reminded that the rule on offside states that there should be daylight between the players. SO many offside decisions are made when a part of the attacker is offside. It's supposed to be his whole body including feet! :mad:
Hi,

I'm dead against video technology. Half the fun about talking about football is the lousy decisions the refs make.
oldcodger
Report 12 years ago
Hi,

I thought Hargreaves was our best player in the world cup (energy levels were amazing).

Alright...he didn't have much competition...but I reckon he would do well at Man U. The next Phill Neville...
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
no it isn't. That's just what pundits like Andy Gray decide it should be, then lazily present it as fact. If any part of the body that can play the ball is past the defender (possibly any part of the defender's body that can play the ball too), the player is offside
GTi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Man United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
A Villa
Man U Fan
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*posts* thanks!
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Froddo)
hes soooo bad. He had a couple good games at the world cup and now everyone thinks hes the don! Im not a man u supporter but i dont mind man u at all and i cant see how man u will benefit from the player!
Oh, come on. Not EVERYONE digs Hargreaves just because he did good at the World Cup. I for one, watched the Bayern Munich games before the World Cup, and saw that he was a total talent.
Epitomessence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
2nd or 3rd for Liverpool.
Epitomessence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Pretty self-explanatory. Just post pretty pictures from the WC 2006.

Right. You next.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Last if they keep playing like they are at the minute - Chelsea
Epitomessence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Last if they keep playing like they are at the minute - Chelsea
One can only hope!
Epitomessence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not such a happy one, but damn, the men are fine:

Fluid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
2nd or 3rd for Liverpool.
Hey some enthusiasm please!!! Liverpool for the title!! Rafa's reds will do the biz, once they start playing as a unit.
Epitomessence
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluid)
Hey some enthusiasm please!!! Liverpool for the title!! Rafa's reds will do the biz, once they start playing as a unit.
OK, first! Just as long as Crouchie's the principal striker, though! (Damn Bellamy and Kuyt...)
Pete.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Judging buy the form so far it seems :

Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Everton
Aston Villa

Still early days though, and i wudn't be suprised to see Chelsea win. Even though i'm a Man Utd fan.
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
Shouldnt you guys be discussing this in the Man Utd Soc instead of starting a new thread
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nah. its hargreaves world cup mainly. and isnt the man u thread for man u players?
Rafa
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
nah. its hargreaves world cup mainly. and isnt the man u thread for man u players?
Nope...its for everyone dude...everyones welcome
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (540)
80.24%
Leave (133)
19.76%

Watched Threads