Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
jonjoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Where did westham get £30million from, i always thought they had money problems [relagation and selling there best players]

Oh wait, a man called Roman.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Klinsmannic)
maybe Terrance Brown has sold his stake in the club in exchange for Tevez & Masch?
thats what i'm thinkin... i'm just glad liverpool already played west ham this season...
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
According to reputable sources (notably Gab Marcotti of the Times and Talksport) Chelsea, Arsenal, Manyoo had the chance to sign the players but they turned down the opportunity.
'Talksport' and 'reputable' don't belong in the same sentence :p:
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Synergetic)
'Talksport' and 'reputable' don't belong in the same sentence :p:
I meant Gab Marcotti who writes for the Times and is a pundit on Talksport.
Overmars
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I meant Gab Marcotti who writes for the Times and is a pundit on Talksport.
My mistake.
fixturesinside
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
As MSI are involved with Corinthians and own the rights of the players they have sold them to West Ham for a knock down fee, I can't imagine West Ham being able to afford more than £10m for each of them. MSI are using this as bait so they can now launch a takeover bid for West Ham. I honestly believe that Mascherano or Tevez themselves had a lot of say in this move......As good as it may be for West Ham, I think these 2 players deserve to be playing for a bigger club.
Shady05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Peter Cech
P.Chimbonda.........R.Ferdinand. ....J.Terry..........P.Evra
C.Ronaldo..........S.Gerrard.... ...T.Rosicky
W.Rooney
A.Shevchenko.....T.Henry
Shady05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its an absolute Farce!!!! Why would ya wanna move to West Ham?????!!!!! When Man U, Arsenal n Chelsea are knocking at ur door!!!! Disgrace
63fill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think this a great deal for the premiership. It will liven up the top half of the table, as more and more teams have enough talent in their squads to warrent a place there. Combining these two talented players with the Hammers, who last season had a reasonably solid defense will turn them into a force to be reckoned with for many teams, although I fail to see them really pushing the "big 4". Bit disappointed they didn't sign for my team, but then isn't everyone who supports a different Premiership side?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fixturesinside)
As MSI are involved with Corinthians and own the rights of the players they have sold them to West Ham for a knock down fee, I can't imagine West Ham being able to afford more than £10m for each of them. MSI are using this as bait so they can now launch a takeover bid for West Ham. I honestly believe that Mascherano or Tevez themselves had a lot of say in this move......As good as it may be for West Ham, I think these 2 players deserve to be playing for a bigger club.
Everything points to MSI still owning the players though. I mean, a €45m bid of Tevez had been rejected earlier so there is no way West Ham could have afforded to buy these players. MSI and West Ham clearly have great relations which may or may not progress further.

My theory is it seems West Ham are being 'used' as a stepping stone to get Tevez and Mascherano pushed into european football slowly. Basically, West Ham get a couple of top young players for 1-2 years for virtually nothing (especially compared to their predicted value). After 12-24 months, MSI sell on Tevez and Mascherano again, this time to one of the big boys. However, the only club on the planet (as things stand) that can afford those sorts of prices is Chelsea who get a couple of players fully adapted to english, european and world football. West Ham waive any significant profit made from the sale (you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours) and Corinthians and MSI make the profit from a HUGE transfer to Chelsea or somewhere else in a couple of years. West Ham either move on as they were or strike up a deal with MSI somewhere down the line.

There's definitley something wrong with this deal but the finger can't quite be placed.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Everything points to MSI still owning the players though. I mean, a €45m bid of Tevez had been rejected earlier so there is no way West Ham could have afforded to buy these players. MSI and West Ham clearly have great relations which may or may not progress further.

My theory is it seems West Ham are being 'used' as a stepping stone to get Tevez and Mascherano pushed into european football slowly. Basically, West Ham get a couple of top young players for 1-2 years for virtually nothing (especially compared to their predicted value). After 12-24 months, MSI sell on Tevez and Mascherano again, this time to one of the big boys. However, the only club on the planet (as things stand) that can afford those sorts of prices is Chelsea who get a couple of players fully adapted to english, european and world football. West Ham waive any significant profit made from the sale (you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours) and Corinthians and MSI make the profit from a HUGE transfer to Chelsea or somewhere else in a couple of years. West Ham either move on as they were or strike up a deal with MSI somewhere down the line.

There's definitley something wrong with this deal but the finger can't quite be placed.
45 million euros rejected previously for Tevez??

If this is the case, i struggle to see how they could get much more than this fee. 45 million is an awful lot of money...besides, he may get utterly found out in the premiership and struggle to adapt to the english style of play.

obviously something strange is going on, struggle to see how chelsea won't be involved in this somehow or other...but blooding these two players so their value rises...hmm, maybe where Mascherano (sic) is concerned, but a 45 million rejection for tevez...jeez, how much are they expecting his market value to blossom to??? :eek:

If 'they' think Abromavich will go crazy with money to purchase one or both of these argentinian stars at some point down the line (you'd have thought sooner rather than later, both these players won't be at west ham past June 2007 IMO), then, bit premature thinking. Look at the case of ashley cole for example and chelsea's stubborness in upping their offer for the arsenal left-back.
jakatak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heh
better than ure usual transfer story isnt it?
Hashem
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hello
Im a real fan of the spanish league and i that SkySport is the way to go for the spanish league
Im moving to uk soon
Eurosport British is available at TopUp TV so i was thinking since at university i cant get Sky is La Liga available on Eurosport British?

Thank you all very much for your contribution

Best Regards
Hashem
Liam The Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My dreamteam for the Sun was:

GK: Reina
DR: Ferreira
DL: Matt Taylor
DC: Carvalho
DC: Heinze

MF: Lennon
MF: Stevie G
MF: Sean Davis

ST: Marlon King
ST: Henry
ST: Berbatov

So far Matt Taylor's my best player and that fecking frog Henry hasn't got me any points
Liam The Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
naismith at kilmarnock
He is Scottish. There is no such thing as a good Scottish player anymore, hence this Naismith is bound to be ****.
Liam The Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Epitomessence)
More of the orgasm-inducingly hot England team.

Peter Crouch? Apart from being a goofy *******, I'd bet his knob is about 16 inches long and as thin as a pencil.
Liam The Eagle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd say 'good, he's a **** and he deserves it', but then they're all ***** and they all deserve it. Referees are the single most damaging force in football in this day and age. Every match, without fail, has a controversial, crucial decision in it which the refs get it wrong. In no other profession could you come to work, make a cataclysmic mistake every day and remain in employment, other than professional refereeing.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why did abramovich bankroll Tevez's move from Boca to Corinthians?
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Why did abramovich bankroll Tevez's move from Boca to Corinthians?
Apparently he has ties in MSI who own 51% of Corinthians profits.
loggins
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
thank god they didn't go to Man Ush**ed or le Arse
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (808)
80.4%
Leave (197)
19.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed