Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
Better than Fabregas last season :rolleyes: :eek:
What was fabregas doing during your abysmal away game performances them? He had a good season, especially in the CL but he was nowhere near the best centre mid.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
However I hope we don't use the "long ball up to Crouch" again.
Well we certainly didnt resort to that yesterday, and if we do thats not Crouchs fault it is the unoriginality of the centre mids who cant work out Crouch plays best with the ball at his feet.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just think he should have played in the world cup thats all, he was taken and not used and considering that Wenger was the FA's number one choice for the England job and he recommended Walcott shows that he obviously knows a thing or two as Walcott's done well for Arsenal, anyway its my opinion - not to everyones liking but thats opinions isnt it!
Lets face it Walcott isnt going to force out Ljungberg/Pires out of Arsenal 1st team last season so when could Arsene play him to give him 1/2 a seasons experience?
if he cant get into the arsenal team, how can he get into the england team? england players need to be on top form and playing regularly. personally i do not think walcott should have gone to the world cup, and that he took a spot bent or defoe would have been better having. i don't care what wenger says.
afcwill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
if he cant get into the arsenal team, how can he get into the england team? england players need to be on top form and playing regularly. personally i do not think walcott should have gone to the world cup, and that he took a spot bent or defoe would have been better having. i don't care what wenger says.
Wenger is a better manager than Eriksson, he also is a good judge of young players and so he knows what he's talking about. The reason why he couldn't get into the arsenal team was because to do so he would of had to budge Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes out of the way - Downing/Lennon wouldn't have been able to that either.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wenger is a better manager than Eriksson, he also is a good judge of young players and so he knows what he's talking about. The reason why he couldn't get into the arsenal team was because to do so he would of had to budge Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes out of the way - Downing/Lennon wouldn't have been able to that either.
and so wasn't playing. wasn't putting in consistent performances week in week out. had no discernible form.
Epitomessence
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
thats not Crouchs fault it is the unoriginality of the centre mids who cant work out Crouch plays best with the ball at his feet.
Totally agree.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
and so wasn't playing. wasn't putting in consistent performances week in week out. had no discernible form.
not necessarily, it would just have been that they were playing better than him and so he couldn't get into the squad.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not necessarily, it would just have been that they were playing better than him and so he couldn't get into the squad.
how could he put in convincing performances when not in the squad?
Jen_88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Live: Blackburn

Support: Blackburn Rovers
-- Dan --
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Live: Leyland, nr Preston

Support: Blackburn Rovers (although i have been known to go to the occasional Accrington match)
Car Expert
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live in East London and support Reading. I half-support Leyton Orient as well as that is my local club.
decola
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Living in Kuala Lumpur at the moment, soon to be in Nottingham, but i'm an avid Palermo supporter. Forza Rosaneri!
Montrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lewisdoe)
I live in Chelmsford and support the Mighty Leyton Orient!!!

Takes about 45 minutes in the car to get to Brisbane Road!

No!!!! Jabo can't leave! He's my idol!
Problem with Jabo is that he has potential....but he's had that potential for 6 odd years now and done nothing. When he missed that shot at oxford last year I screamed "no!" about five times in disbelief.

What part of Chelmsford you live in?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
englands best young right winger prospect is sat in the liverpool academy (ex-hull academy)
And you have watched Mr Anderson how many times?

He's got potential and has done well in the youth set up till now, give the lad a chance to show what he can do before bigging him up to being something he is not ffs
loggins
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Eriksson didn't play Walcott because it was apparent that Eriksson is a poor judge of character, thats why nothing else.
Yes i do refer to his U21 debut, but i also refer to 20/25 mins against a good Villa side and Croatian champions where he got two assists. Walcott cant help it if he isnt as experienced in the top flight as anyone else but he has proven in 1/2 an hours worth of football that he should be in the england squad, little time to make an impact and he does, what more do you want?
That phrase there precisely sums up the inadequacy of your flawed point...
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
And you have watched Mr Anderson how many times?
only 3, but i've seen the reports and most of the videos.
(Original post by kpg)
He's got potential and has done well in the youth set up till now, give the lad a chance to show what he can do before bigging him up to being something he is not ffs
hence i said prospect...
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by loggins)
That phrase there precisely sums up the inadequacy of your flawed point...
Completely the opposite, he has shown maturity and assertiveness in that short time and thats why i think he should be given his chance.
Right OK then, im the only one who would include Walcott in the England squad, thats fine but it doesn't make my point flawed at all. Look, everyone has differing opinions, that is what footballs all about. People show biasy towards clubs all the time but i genuinely think he should be given a chance at the very least, end of story.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Neither player did much today.

Sure, there's all this "wow, these great players, great additions to an increasingly great premiership filled with stars"....BUT,

these players are hardly proven. We'll just have to wait and see as to how good these players really are, and can be...

don't count your chickens though!
Toscar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
to be honest, alot of Sven's squad was poorly picked....i had heard prior to the naming that he tried to have two teams of 11, plus the spare goalie. however, he then chose 7defenders, 9midfielders, and 4 strikers.
personally:
1.we took bridge, a.cole, g.nevile,jamie caragher, campbell, terry and ferdinand. surely ditching campbell (shakey against sweden) and bridge, and bringing phil nevile as a reserve would have made far more sense, seeing that he could play in both full back positions. admittedly it could have lead to a lack of central defenders, but you don't win a world cup by not conceeding(we kept 4/5 clean sheets; so what.)
2.in the midfield we obviously had jenas, who was never neccesary. if we remove him and the two mentioned above, we could then have had two free spaces (once phil nevile is on board) for strikers.
3.in regards to strikers, we needed two replacements for owen/rooney as well as crouch. nobody ever mentioned him as a replacement for rooney, but sheringham? admittedly he can't run, but there seems to be a lot more time in international football which could have been key? and one of defoe/bent/walcott for owen.

oh sven,it was so simple.....
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When your club loses its no.1 keeper due to injury, most of the time you have a problem. Lose two (e.g. Chelsea lost Cudders and Sullivan (?) in 2003 season, used Ambrosi (again not sure of name)) and its unlucky

However spare a thought for the Sunday League team The Fighting Cocks in Gosport, Hants who have lost FIFTEEN keepers in one year.
Surprise surprise - they need a keeper

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...232465,00.html
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.74%
Leave (347)
20.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise