Who do you know that blames the inclusion of Theo Walcott for England's World Cup exit? I doubt anyone here does; such a statement must be paranoia.
You ask why Peter Crouch can be called a good forward when he took so long to get his first Liverpool goal. Easy; some forwards need a bit more time to settle, and understand their role in the team and their teammates, and some forwards are just not as lucky.
I cite the example of Diego Forlan. Not a terribly good scoring record for Manchester United. So can we still call him a good player? Of course we can; in his first season for Villareal he outscores Samuel Eto'o and shares the European Golden Shoe with Thierry Henry.
Yes Alan Smith - he plays for Man Utd
In reply to calderstonesLFC post...........................
* Dont compare Crouch and Owen - Gallas and Cygan are both French defenders, doesn't mean that Cygan is better than Gallas. Owen is far better than Crouch, imo.
* Im not saying its Crouch's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just before everyone goes all hysterical, look at the teams he scored against, its like Brazil playing Accrington Stanley. Dont mention Ashley, hes a swear word you should have used astericks for his name!
* Ok, he scored one goal - forgot about that one.
* If you think Crouch will be England's all time top scorer, you are sadly mistaken, but it could happen only if he plays until hes 50.
* Im not saying he WILL drop Crouch, i just think that Defoe is more of a predator than Crouch.
* His recent scoring record is good, i agree but i dont think he was a***d about that when he couldn't score for so long, the media thing is a load of rubbish - yes it may of affected him a little but thats when you perform to your best and get the goals to prove them wrong.
OMG I knew it..! Some guy had pictures of Alan pretending to be him.. the fool!