Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by blazing_bandicoot)
we need get over with what happend at the world cup rather than keep talking, best to look forward now rather than the past.
why? we'd all still be mental if we had won it, remembering how stevie g or lampard boomed one from 40 yards, or how rooney skinned 2 defenders owen style and top cornered it. you wouldnt be saying this anyway.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
why? we'd all still be mental if we had won it, remembering how stevie g or lampard boomed one from 40 yards, or how rooney skinned 2 defenders owen style and top cornered it. you wouldnt be saying this anyway.
fairpoint but reading that little script wasted a good 2 mins of my life
afcwill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
What a ridiculous statement?
Do you think all of Owens goals were against world class opposition? Mortensen and Lawton shared 8 in the 10-0 rout of portugal, greaves got a hatrick against luxemborg. Good strikers get there scoring rate up by scoring shedloads against the poorer teams.
Crouch averages 14km a game, that is amazing for a midfielder never mind a striker. Anyone, this isnt another post of mine trying to support Crouch because im getting fed up. No matter how many he scores people will always think he is ****.
When crouch was brought to the england squad, he had a year of premership experience with southampton were he had scored regularly for them, walcott doesnt have that yet.
I sense biasy because you have his photo on your avatar! Dont compare Owen to Crouch :rolleyes:, Owen is a great player, Crouch is a good one. Take a look at the teams Crouch has scored against: Jamaica, Hungary, Andorra among other minnows, where was he in the world cup? I dont think he is ****, i think hes a good player but i just think it is wrong that people seem to think that he will be England's all time top scorer - comparing him with Lineker for example - it is ridiculous! I just think that when Rooney gets back into the squad it will be Rooney and Defoe rather than Crouch.
The only reason why i stick up for Walcott is because it is too easy to scoff at him because he is young, thats all. But i think we seem to be going round in circles with this, i've made my point - many disagree but i just think we should support all our England squad, many people blame Walcott's inclusion for our WC exit, don't it was Sven and his suspicious tactics.
Its all opinion anyway! nobody is right/wrong, i think most would agree that Crouch is a good player but if he was great than why did it take so long for him to score for Liverpool?
best75
Report 12 years ago
http//i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/best75/whosdis.jpg
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who do you know that blames the inclusion of Theo Walcott for England's World Cup exit? I doubt anyone here does; such a statement must be paranoia.

You ask why Peter Crouch can be called a good forward when he took so long to get his first Liverpool goal. Easy; some forwards need a bit more time to settle, and understand their role in the team and their teammates, and some forwards are just not as lucky.
I cite the example of Diego Forlan. Not a terribly good scoring record for Manchester United. So can we still call him a good player? Of course we can; in his first season for Villareal he outscores Samuel Eto'o and shares the European Golden Shoe with Thierry Henry.
beecher
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Looks like Alan Smith
*Ridwan*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes Alan Smith - he plays for Man Utd
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Doesn't work for me. :/
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Delete the http gubbins.

And Alan Smith = :adore:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh yeah it works now.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Who do you know that blames the inclusion of Theo Walcott for England's World Cup exit? I doubt anyone here does; such a statement must be paranoia.

You ask why Peter Crouch can be called a good forward when he took so long to get his first Liverpool goal. Easy; some forwards need a bit more time to settle, and understand their role in the team and their teammates, and some forwards are just not as lucky.
I cite the example of Diego Forlan. Not a terribly good scoring record for Manchester United. So can we still call him a good player? Of course we can; in his first season for Villareal he outscores Samuel Eto'o and shares the European Golden Shoe with Thierry Henry.
A lot of people say "if Walcott wasn't included in the squad we could of took Defoe/Bent and used them", "walcott was a waste of space", Look at when Owen got injured and we had to play Crouch upfront by himself and wasn't getting anywhere, so no im not paranoid :rolleyes:
You say Peter Crouch needed a bit of time to settle, he had plenty of time but wasn't scoring goals, a bit like franny jeffers at arsenal.
I am not saying Crouch isnt a good player because he is. Its just he is not great, that is a fact - i think even most hardened Liverpool fans would agree with that. Henry is great, Ronaldinho is great, Etoo is great - Crouch isnt.
Name the 5 top strikers in the world, would you include Crouch?, and no before you ask i wouldn't include Walcott!
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
Dont compare Owen to Crouch :rolleyes:,
Why? They are both forwards, and english. Its a great comparisment i think.
Take a look at the teams Crouch has scored against: Jamaica, Hungary, Andorra among other minnows
Oh right, so its Crouchs fault? Why didnt Ashley get a goal if they are so ****? Were was the second best player in the world during these games? Good strikers make there mark against world class opposition. It is one of the reasons for RVNs great record.
where was he in the world cup?
Erm, im sure he popped up with a vital header when we were stuttering towards an embarassing 0-0 draw with T&T. He also changed the game in Englands favour after Rooneys sending off.
i think hes a good player but i just think it is wrong that people seem to think that he will be England's all time top scorer - comparing him with Lineker for example - it is ridiculous!
Why? He is Englands most successful striker in a calendar year and he still has 4 games to play.
I just think that when Rooney gets back into the squad it will be Rooney and Defoe rather than Crouch.
On what assumption please? The assumption that Mcclaren said it is impossible to drop crouch during his current run of form as he is vital to the team?
i think most would agree that Crouch is a good player but if he was great than why did it take so long for him to score for Liverpool?
Oh, i could think of a number of things. The English Media making it a giant witch hunt about when he is going to score, so that when playing he is more concerned about finally scoring then playing his game? Maybe trying to settle into the style of play we were playing at the given time? There are hundreds of reasons. But, since he scored his record has been 1 in 2. Which is pretty damm good.
SuperCollin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by -- Dan --)
No, they still beat Blackburn with 10 men and their 4th choice keeper :mad:

We had three goals disallowed that day too. AND James McFadden missed a sitter. That was a great day, haha.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Depends how loosley you want to use the term footballer
SuperCollin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Forza_Bath)
Graveson is so much easier to win with!
Cause he's a *****ing nutter!
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That is the point that i am trying to make as well. I think that Sven tried to ruin our chances of winning the WC. If you analyse the decisions he made, it seems a bit suspicious.
If you analyze the decisions he made, you can see that he's just lost it as a manager. The Sven that we had managing England was nothing like the one who was so successful at Lazio. Not just his tactical ability but his over all attitude to how the game should be played.
Why do you think he would try to ruin our chances? He could have made a shedload more cash (yes, more than he's making right now) writing books, doing the lecture circuit etc if he had won the world cup, not to mention getting a better football related job
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
The Sevn that we had managing England was nothing like the one who was so successful at Lazio.
Seems not; though he had money to spend back then.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In reply to calderstonesLFC post...........................

* Dont compare Crouch and Owen - Gallas and Cygan are both French defenders, doesn't mean that Cygan is better than Gallas. Owen is far better than Crouch, imo.
* Im not saying its Crouch's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just before everyone goes all hysterical, look at the teams he scored against, its like Brazil playing Accrington Stanley. Dont mention Ashley, hes a swear word you should have used astericks for his name!
* Ok, he scored one goal - forgot about that one.
* If you think Crouch will be England's all time top scorer, you are sadly mistaken, but it could happen only if he plays until hes 50.
* Im not saying he WILL drop Crouch, i just think that Defoe is more of a predator than Crouch.
* His recent scoring record is good, i agree but i dont think he was a***d about that when he couldn't score for so long, the media thing is a load of rubbish - yes it may of affected him a little but thats when you perform to your best and get the goals to prove them wrong.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
If you analyze the decisions he made, you can see that he's just lost it as a manager. The Sven that we had managing England was nothing like the one who was so successful at Lazio. Not just his tactical ability but his over all attitude to how the game should be played.
Why do you think he would try to ruin our chances? He could have made a shedload more cash (yes, more than he's making right now) writing books, doing the lecture circuit etc if he had won the world cup, not to mention getting a better football related job
Thats the reason why i think he lost us the world cup because he wasn't good enough. i think he tried to ruin our chances because he lost a lot of the players respect for him, like when he said a that stuff about Owen and Beckham and Ferdinand in the papers, you arent going to take orders off someone who thinks your an idiot, or not up to being a captain - for example.
best75
Report 12 years ago
OMG I knew it..! Some guy had pictures of Alan pretending to be him.. the fool!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (6)
17.14%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (16)
45.71%
Nope, not that interesting (13)
37.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed