Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_sZSmE7Bk - edman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGQ6speL4Ww - seedorf
Katy200
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
live near to Manchester and grew up as a City Fan, My dad lived 5 minutes walk away from maine road. Takes me 20 minutes to get to the City of Manchester Stadium for a Game.
ciderpeter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Stephen Reid vs Wigan... you wont ever see another goal like that....
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by justfarhan)
Goal 1

Goal 2
He is all ours.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If thats true then materazzi deserved the headbutt.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
* Dont compare Crouch and Owen - Gallas and Cygan are both French defenders, doesn't mean that Cygan is better than Gallas. Owen is far better than Crouch, imo.
At what? Being a predator infront of goal? Yes. Being an outlet for the team to base an attack on? No.
Im not saying he WILL drop Crouch, i just think that Defoe is more of a predator than Crouch.
Its not about who is more of this, and who does more of that. It is about who does the job for the team best. And that is crouch.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
That England team is a joke.
:ditto:
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In reply to calderstonesLFC post...........................

* Dont compare Crouch and Owen - Gallas and Cygan are both French defenders, doesn't mean that Cygan is better than Gallas. Owen is far better than Crouch, imo.
* Im not saying its Crouch's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just before everyone goes all hysterical, look at the teams he scored against, its like Brazil playing Accrington Stanley. Dont mention Ashley, hes a swear word you should have used astericks for his name!
* Ok, he scored one goal - forgot about that one.
* If you think Crouch will be England's all time top scorer, you are sadly mistaken, but it could happen only if he plays until hes 50.
* Im not saying he WILL drop Crouch, i just think that Defoe is more of a predator than Crouch.
* His recent scoring record is good, i agree but i dont think he was a***d about that when he couldn't score for so long, the media thing is a load of rubbish - yes it may of affected him a little but thats when you perform to your best and get the goals to prove them wrong.
Sweet Jesus.

Why can't Owen/Rooney score against the "crap" teams then? Surely they would if they could?
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This is a joke.

Crouch scores against good teams and not so good teams.

Some examples: v Chelsea, not so long ago, v ManUre not so long ago either.

Oh n0es they dnt count coz we 4get bwt dem lolz.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
;x
afcwill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This is a joke.

Crouch scores against good teams and not so good teams.

Some examples: v Chelsea, not so long ago, v ManUre not so long ago either.

Oh n0es they dnt count coz we 4get bwt dem lolz.
So you would play Crouch instead of Defoe, Bent? No of course you wouldn't because Crouch is our best supporting striker isn't he! When Owen returns, it will be Owen and Rooney upfront, imo.
The joke is that everyone thinks that Crouch is some sort of great striker, he is good not great. All I am saying is give Crouch a good few more games before you all start saying hes the new Lineker.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So you would play Crouch instead of Defoe, Bent? No of course you wouldn't because Crouch is our best supporting striker isn't he! When Owen returns, it will be Owen and Rooney upfront, imo.
The joke is that everyone thinks that Crouch is some sort of great striker, he is good not great. All I am saying is give Crouch a good few more games before you all start saying hes the new Lineker.
I'm not saying he's a great great great striker yet but he scores goals and gives alot to the team. Of course I'd play Crouch over Defoe/Bent, and it isn't a surprise that McClaren is doing so and why Sven chose to.

He even runs more than any other England player [proven] lol :p:

He scores goals, turns game inside out upside down and sideways and we win. 10 goals in 10 games says it all. I think you should leave your bias to one side. If a striker scores on average a goal a game - he's literally bought his place on the starting lineup. But wait, it doesn't end there for Crouch does it, he does alot more than just score goals ^o)

Owen and Rooney will still retain their place because Crouch is relatively new on the scene, give it a season or two and he'll be there. If Owen/Rooney was dropped for Crouch, there'd be an uproar.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not saying he's a great great great striker yet but he scores goals and gives alot to the team. Of course I'd play Crouch over Defoe/Bent, and it isn't a surprise that McClaren is doing so and why Sven chose to.

He even runs more than any other England player [proven] lol :p:

He scores goals, turns game inside out upside down and sideways and we win. 10 goals in 10 games says it all. I think you should leave your bias to one side. If a striker scores on average a goal a game - he's literally bought his place on the starting lineup. But wait, it doesn't end there for Crouch does it, he does alot more than just score goals ^o)

Owen and Rooney will still retain their place because Crouch is relatively new on the scene, give it a season or two and he'll be there. If Owen/Rooney was dropped for Crouch, there'd be an uproar.
The only biasy i have is towards Walcott, just like you are bais rowards Crouch. My original point (seems like ages ago!) was that Crouch was being compared to Lineker and i just thought that it was a bit farfetched. I agree with you in that a season or two he will be a regular but i think that especially last season and during the world cup it was Crouch and not Darren Bent that people were talking about. Bent was the top English scorer in the prem league last season and yet he never went to the world cup. So, i have nothing against Crouch, in fact i thinks hes a good player with some great attributes, but i dont agree to strongly with the biasy issue - i am a little but then everyone is and hey i even included Defoe on one of my posts
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah ok, I didn't see the Linekar bit - I think it's abit too early for that. Perhaps Liverpool and England play different styles of football; for Liverpool he's more of a target man - which may be why he scores more for England. Bent scores alot in the league but doesn't play on the same level for England. Who'd you choose, someone who scores more for England but not as much in the league, or someone who scores few for England but loads in the league?

Or maybe 4 hours of sleep isn't long enough
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah ok, I didn't see the Linekar bit - I think it's abit too early for that. Perhaps Liverpool and England play different styles of football; for Liverpool he's more of a target man - which may be why he scores more for England. Bent scores alot in the league but doesn't play on the same level for England. Who'd you choose, someone who scores more for England but not as much in the league, or someone who scores few for England but loads in the league?
Or maybe 4 hours of sleep isn't long enough
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, thats a tough question, I cant answer it, its impossible! A lot of players are called up on the league experience alone but then again a lot of players are kept because they perform well in an england shirt. Sven, all is forgiven - i couldn't be an england manager!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If thats true then materazzi deserved the headbutt.
Yes because professional sportsmen never ever insult one another.

If what Materazzi says is true, the best way for Zidane to have reacted would've been to score the winner in injury time or score the winning penalty or something and shoved it down their throats.

I wonder if Michael Atherton or any other batsman in the world ever headbutted Glenn McGrath?
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes but footballer's have emotions. Lots of British soldiers have been killed in Iraq so it would be OK for me to blow myself up and kill half a dozen of them. This argument is as devoid of logic as the Sahara is of water. [/Shakespeare]
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think i'd prefer Zidane's shirt
If that's all he said, i really don't see why Zidane did it. He must have been subjected to worse than that. Never mind the fact that he was a 34 year old professional footballer being watched by a worldwide audience. He should have known better
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Yes because professional sportsmen never ever insult one another.
Everyone has there limit, and to be honest if someone insulted me and my family i would want to 'zidane' them.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Everyone has there limit, and to be honest if someone insulted me and my family i would want to 'zidane' them.
Yeah, you'd want to. Then you'd remember that you can't. Then you wouldn't...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (47)
72.31%
Leave (18)
27.69%

Watched Threads