Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    He's also come along at the right moment in time. Owen's no way near fully fit, and Rooney's also been out, opening the way for strikers. Crouch has come in and scored, ensuring he gets his place. Had he come in and not scored so much, then I'd imagine other strikers would have got their chance. Likewise if Rooney and Owen were both available, then he may not have had his chance.

If he continues scoring like this then IMHO, Owen will have a hard time getting his place back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    What are you talking about? It was over the line..
    I know that, but it wasn't given immediately, the ref looked at his linesman. On occasions like that, the goal isn't always given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    You can turn fake affection on/off. You telling me cockneys who support Manyoo or Liverpool are that bothered really?
    I know loads of cockneys who are great liverpool fans.

ReputationRep:
    If you have been looking at the best england squad thread you will know that i have an small issue with crouch, only a small one!. But well done tonight crouchy you spared us from an extremely embarrasing goaless draw, so well done. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Oh and its 11 in 10 mate.
    "The Liverpool striker's 11th goal in 14 internationals"

(Original post by justfarhan)
    Only glory hunters think you can easily change club - because they've done it before. = You.

Period.
    lol. I've got my season ticket mate.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't give a **** who he scores against to be honest. In a footballing world full of bent agents and superstar footballers like Cashley Cole, Peter Crouch restores your faith in football.

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just back from the game - truly amazing. What a night!

I propose that the first Wednesday in September be officially named David Healy Day, and made a public holiday.

Sir David - I salute you!

:king3: :party: :rock: :cheers: :rofl: ;danceboy;

ReputationRep:
    Congrats; by all accounts you lot were quite rowdy so I salute you.

ReputationRep:
    Us, rowdy? Outrageous

Song of the night: 'Are you England in disguise?' :burnout: :banana: :gthumb:

Sorry, but it was funny

ReputationRep:
    Doing Spain an injustice there actually to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Harsh

ReputationRep:
    Just back from the game myself, sitting in the south stand. What an atmosphere!

That lob from Healy seemed to have taken ages going in from where I was sitting (or even standing).

ReputationRep:
    Well done. I'm not suprised he scores so many goals for England, he's a very underrated player. Don't think he'll beat Charlton's record of 49, but 30+ seems likely.

ReputationRep:
    He's done well but he hasnt exactly played against 'big' teams. 4 competitive goals, only 1 in the world cup which was actually a foul. Even Defoe got 2 against Andorra. I dont want to take anything away from him because he is doing a good job but no-one can say he is a world class striker and a player England should really be playing for years to come unless we are stuck in a striker drought. Anyway keep em coming Crouch

ReputationRep:
    Who's saying he's a world class player? He is a decent player if played with correctly and is better than people initially thought. That's all.

Personally, I take great heart in the fact that someone who was booed by his own supporters 12 months ago and was the butt of all jokes has gone from strength to strength and has shown he has more *******s and guts than anyone (except Harry Redknapp, Sven and Rafa Benitez!) ever gave him credit for. There are many players of superior ability than Crouch in the premiership but not enough show as much heart, effort and level-headedness as he does.

ReputationRep:
    But it's 11 goals in the 10 internationals he's played this calender year. It's more than any England player has scored in internationals in a calender year... ever!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Who's saying he's a world class player? He is a decent player if played with correctly and is better than people initially thought. That's all.

Personally, I take great heart in the fact that someone who was booed by his own supporters 12 months ago and was the butt of all jokes has gone from strength to strength and has shown he has more *******s and guts than anyone (except Harry Redknapp, Sven and Rafa Benitez!) ever gave him credit for. There are many players of superior ability than Crouch in the premiership but not enough show as much heart, effort and level-headedness as he does.
    I'm just glad the media have got over the school-ground style bullying. Picking on the lanky kid. It was ridiculous the way they went for him when he wasn't scoring. I don't think i've ever seen anything like it. But at no point did Crouch shy away from the media. He was always available to give a post match interview after another game without a goal. Top bloke. Crouchy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Freeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justfarhan)
    Wa wa wee wa

A good striker scores against good teams and "bad" teams.
    He's ****. :p: Ok, not ****. But let's put this into perspective. I mean he doesn't do it at club level. Until he scores 30 goals a season like Thierry Henry does or like Van Nistelrooy did, then he's "world class".

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.