Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
DontBuyTheSun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Athlete)
1) it is becasue of the fact he goes hot and cold that he is overated, good players are those with consistency, the occasional mathc myabe but garcia will do good in one in eight maybe.
2) Anyone can pull out statistics, i could pull out statistics to show that for every start diego forlan had a decent goal scoring record for manchester united.
[/QUOTE]
This doesnt disprove the fact that Crouch is not infact a mule, but is infact a very efficent striker who gets the job done.
if you man marked crouch he cannot really do much else and i watched quite a bit of liverpool last season and the amount of long balls they played :yawn:
:rolleyes: You say it like it is very easy to mark crouch. He is very hard to defend against because of how akward he is.
3) liverpool will not be near the top 3 mid season.
Based on what? 1 loss against Everton? We will be near the top of the table all season, the current table is no method of predicting.
giving the money spent by benitez they should be up there challenging for the title
Oh right, so 3 games in and were out the title race? Dont be ridiculous. Chelsea have lost a game aswell you know.
Katy200
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No one can tell how the premiership will pan out after 3 games. Portsmouth arent going to be up there all season realistically. players are only human after all and are going to have bad games now and again.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
terry makes far to many mistakes for his own good, he's has no pace and cannot make up for it
Mistakes such as what?
Pace? Unlike Cafu,Maldini...Pace isnt needed to be a great defender.
athletesfoot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'm basing it on signings, the start of the season and how they play...kuyt will flop btw sorry
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
If i needed any more proof that your talking absolute **** and havent even seen a premeirship game in your life you just provided it.
Okay where to start..
Terry..What exactly is over rated about this fella? i might not like the crying little chelsea rent boy but he is a rock in defence. Never goes missing when the going gets tough and scores his fair plenty of goals. He is a World Class CB
Carragher..He aint a RB..so your hatred of carragher has meant your trying to force him into the team even though you already have 2 CBs. See past points on why he isnt over rated
Drogba..Now your taking the piss. Drogba is very effective, strong and a good goal scorer. He may be a diving cheating little brat but he is vital to how chelsea play. You have to remember that 24 mil isnt a true reflection of how chelsea value him as they use an inflated transfer market.
i agree on all three player arguements here esp Drogba. Although I don't think Chelsea should have paid £24m for his services, he has been consistantly important for chelsea and has scored vital goals (League Cup Final, CL Quarter Finals vs Bayern Munich, Community Shield vs Arsenal), shown he can play for a team (4-1 away win over Liverpool in league)
atm its looking good for Drogba, 3 goals in 4 Prem Appearances - may be early days but you can't knock him right now
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Katy200)
I was only voicing my opinion on Carragher, theres no need to be agressive.

How about you say why.

His heading, positioning, tackling, work rate, tenacity, decision making is all top class. He doesn't have a lot of pace but he's not Stephane Henchoz and he makes up for it. His distribution of the ball isn't as good as it could be.

I can think of less than half a dozen games in the last 2 years where he's not played well

Southampton away
1st half vs Milan
Cup final v hammers
Luton away
Everton away

His performance in Turin in 2005 was the best individual defensive performance I have ever seen and he was just as good against Chelsea in the semi final and then in the 2nd half onwards in Istanbul. One of his best performances in the league recently I'd say was Aston Villa away last year where we won 2-0. I dont expect any non-liverpool fan to remember that

Also I'd say Didier Drogba is probably the most under rated footballer in the country. The price Chelsea paid for him is irellevent.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fat Frank
Joe Cole
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So John Terry lacks pace, and has made a few uncharacteristic mistakes. For one thing, these mistakes are uncharacteristic and he is generally impeccable. As for the pace thing, this would only be a problem if he was defending on his own. When judging centre backs, remember that they work as part of a pair or trio.

You say that Dirk Kuyt will flop. Reasons please. Don't just leave this hanging, or we can reasonably respond that you can't back up your claims.

And to agree with Katy's response to you: it's a marathon not a sprint. The start of a season is almost never reflective of the whole season, as it is a small isolated subset of the season. Eventually the better teams will come to the surface (i.e. top four). Don't let current form fool you.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Mistakes such as what?
Pace? Unlike Cafu,Maldini...Pace isnt needed to be a great defender.
I think you missed the point. Some great defenders like Cannavaro make up for their lack of pace with great positional play and reading of the game. TErry doesnt however, and gets caught out far too many times.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's very easy for Liverpool fans who watch him week in week out to sing Jamie Carragher's virtues, and rightly so. Much harder for those whose exposure to Carragher is limited to England games, where he has not been exceptional to say the least. Though of course much of that is due to being played out of position.
giggsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...49#post6063449
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is this based on the old Can You Kick It? game; that is, is it similar to the game on the Premier League's website?
aaron1629
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just checking i know its on itv but what itv channel (1,2,3 or 4)? And i know it starts at 7.45pm (correct me if im wrong)
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ITV4. And a mod will likely tell you to use the UFT.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'm basing it on signings
Weve added genuine pace into a side which lacked it greatly last season, and still managed to finish 1 point of second.
Weve also signed a premiership proven striker to add to our strikeforce.
Mind telling me where we will fail?
the start of the season
So Portsmouth are going to be in the top 4 come may then?
kuyt will flop btw sorry
:rolleyes: Based on what? His current performances in the prem where he has looked very lively and useful? Past goal scoring records were he managed 70 in 100? Based on diddly squat then
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
ITV4. And a mod will likely tell you to use the UFT.
Or just look it up in the paper/online. This user seems to have a problem with finding out information on his own - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=274323 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=284485
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Eilidh86)
How about you save your energy and put it into something useful like going down to your bank and making a donation to the family left behind by a player who lost his life just playing the game. Or is that not quite petty enough for your liking?
Oi, get down of that bleeding soap box.
Whats your beef sonny jim? Any need to come into this thread and start handing out wild assumptions about someone?
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Terry's a very good defender, always gives 100%, but he's not technically gifted enough to be a truly great defender. He's no Cannavaro, Nesta or Thuram. Given the way the English media hypes up our players so much, he probably is over rated but he's still a very good player. Terry looked dodgy at the WC, Rio was far better.
JayG99
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not very populated yet but i'm in!
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yer terrys a good player, lacks pace though. I think we will see how lfc cope with their new signings tonight. I personally dont tink kuyt will be a hit, think he will be a flop. Also im not sure bellamy has what it takes agaisnt european defences. I like the look of mark gonzalez though. My tip for tonight is 1-0 to psv. Anyway you lot should really join up to tsr cl comp lol.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1365)
79.73%
Leave (347)
20.27%

Watched Threads