Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    i would have said so after his world cup performance, and how he failed, but watching the champions league game tonight...i think not! he is an incredible talent; however this does raise a club and country row...onto how can you play better for one rather than the other?!

ReputationRep:
    Not the best, but definitely one of the best.

ReputationRep:
    How silly. Just goes to show how bigoted some people in football really are these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Car Expert)
    How about Tranmere's opening goal against Leyton Orient last weekend?

Sorry, couldn't resist...:rolleyes:
    You have to laugh. Is it up on YouTube? I haven't managed to see it yet!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzZ-tw4ezMg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    probably due to unprofitability. stadia need security, grounds staff etc operating... an under 14 girls game won't draw in the crowd - the main, if not only, source of money which can finance such things. the article says that the girls football organisation thing wouldn't pay... so i can see why it wouldn't seem like a fab idea for stadia to jump at such a request.
    The girls football organistation offered to pay costs. No cost or profit to the ground. Can't see why they would say no. And you say about security... its a girls under 14 match, how much security are they gonna need?

ReputationRep:
    that's pretty spectacular!

ReputationRep:
    It is a sad state of affairs that women are excluded from football in such a way that reminds me of golf. It is a non-contact sport for goodness sake and I don't care what the FA say, go look it up in a dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    Good because I work late from Tuesdays to Fridays.

ReputationRep:
    Must change my formation to 4-3-3 some how...

ReputationRep:
    this is a pretty good compilation:
    few missing from this - i'd add beckham from the half way line, and that team goal by Brazil. I still love Bergkamp's though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3JTfuoybN4

edit: includes some of ronaldo at his best - stunning!

ReputationRep:
    I have Drogba, Morientes and Eto'o up front. In midfield I have Makelele, Ronaldinho, Schweinsteiger and Van Bommel. In defence I have Cannavaro, Caneira, Salcido, Ferhat and Mohr. Goalkeepers are Ricardo and Petkov. :/

ReputationRep:
    WHAT a player he was. He should be regarded on the same level as Zidane, I think - and always was until that incident when someone kicked a ball at him and he went down holding his face. Equally, Zidane headbutted a guy in the chest, so i think they are more or less even

if you can't remember how good he was, look at this clip:

this was the last match in the season, deciding the championship. These are all highlights from the SAME GAME!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga2HWOJSM50

ReputationRep:
    What a game! Not too bad a hattrick to score in the deciding game of La Liga :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wipeandclean)
    i would personally love to see big Dunc back in Scotland colours but it wont happen.

Yes put Dickov in, maybe play with Boyd as the Centre Striker with Dickov dropping off and Miller dropping off as well, 3-4-3 formation perhaps

But big Phil Bardsley is half Scottish and could come, and i seen him play a couple of times foer Rangers now including against Falkirk and throughout he was quality
    Nah Dunc, think look to the future not backwards (saying that I wanna see Dicov)

The problem is that Miller is suspended for france game.

Bardsley. Not too sure about, he has been quoted as saying that he would consider Scotland if England wasnt an option. We all know this attitude has been there in the past and present (Quasie) but to publically say this is just stupid. Nope he can look forward to a a non-international career. Btw this isnt an anti-england stance (for starters im not Scottish and I was born in England), I just dont think its good when players say this sort of thing, eg if someone says if I cant play for Rangers i wouldnt mind going to Motherwell. No body wants to hear that they are getting a reject player.

btw up to 34th now in the new fifa rankings (altho rankings mean sweet FA). get in top 20 here we come

ReputationRep:
    I love Rivaldo! One of my all time favourite players!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP5J9qD73rQ

And here's a clip of another Chelsea fan.

ReputationRep:
    He's asleep for some periods in matches but when he does put in the work, its usually very effective.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on improving Fitness, stamina and speed? Please share your thoughts and suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    Casillas is a steal at 4.5M, Real will have a good defense this season, if not one of the best!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.