The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Waits for posts claiming all scousers are scum*
What was on him??
naivesincerity
What was on him??

Beer.
Can you really expect anything else from someone being that fecking stupid?
Reply 7343
Ronaldinho is not overrated. Since he has arrived at Barca they've become the biggest club in the world. Go in to youtube and type ronaldinho and watch the videos then you'll see why he is not overrated
calderstonesLFC
come on saha, get a hatrick and then let man united concede 4

Its halfway there..
Alex Mann
:biggrin::biggrin: You have to laugh. Is it up on YouTube? I haven't managed to see it yet!
I haven't seen it yet either. Have tried to search for it, and I don't think it's there.
Accrington are winning 5-0 against Wrexham? Must be a mistake somewhere. :p:
They just destroyed Wrexham tonight, mind you Wrexham were simply appalling.
No just saying women should be allowed to play on grounds like White Hart Lane for example or even just a Non League ground.

I do personally think the FA should allow girls to play in the same team of boys when they are older rather than find a new club when they reach 12, because then girls do have a physiological advantage.

In Germany they allow girls to play in the same team as boys until they are physically unable to compete with them.
Any one have a faveorite player from a club you cant stand mine has to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer he's a legend I hate Man Utd with a pasion but its great to see Ole score like tonight it will be a sad day when he retires :mad:
Henry, Drogba, Robinho
i would have Shevchenko but has he moved to Chelsea I can't
Have to say...Kaka
Reply 7352
Carl1982

Clubs approached to host the English Schools’ Football Association under-14s girls’ national cup final include Colchester United, of the Coca-Cola Championship; Swindon Town, Peterborough United and Yeovil Town of the Coca-Cola League; and Oxford City, Forest Green Rovers and Kidderminster Harriers of the Nationwide Conference

Oxford City - that made me laugh. I bet 'The Times' has been inundated with disgruntled U's fans angry at being mistaken for the small club down the road. :biggrin:
Eto'o.
It's rediculous how girls are excluded in my opinion. My 10 year old cousin is facing this problem at the moment. Despite it being in the FA rules that a girl can play in a mixed team up until they leave primary school, aged 11, her league is not allowing her to play for some stupid reason. She is a brilliant player and is in the Liverpool center of excellence, but she enjoys playing with boys alot as well and even though the rules are in place no-one follows them anyway.
Reply 7355
It is quite easy to get fitter by following a training programme which can be found all over the net. However it is very difficult to improve speed and any improvement is minimal due to the fact that speed is more of a natural attribute. You could try weight training to build up stronger muscles which could help you to run quicker, but to much weight could also slow you down. Good luck.
fernando
i would have Shevchenko but has he moved to Chelsea I can't
Have to say...Kaka

But I can say Eidur Gudjohnsen. :p:
I notice that attackers are worth a lot comapred to their equivalent standard defensive players. Whether this is to encourage a defensive side or not too many great attackers I don't know.
Carl1982
In Germany they allow girls to play in the same team as boys until they are physically unable to compete with them.

Yes but that's because the Germans are ahead of us. We're still in the dark ages. :laugh:
I agree it is ridculious, i mean the ministers want more girls involved in football yet this sort of thing is still happening, good on your cousin though getting on at the Liverpool centre of excellence.

Here's another article from the times

GIRLS with the talent of the Bend It Like Beckham stars should be allowed to continue playing competitive football with boys rather than being segregated into single sex teams at the age of 11, say MPs.
A Commons committee is expected this week to tell the Football Association (FA) that it should drop its “outdated” ban which means hundreds of girls have to quit the mixed game and play in girls’ only sides when they turn 12.

The Commons culture select committee is likely to say the ban may be hampering the development of the most promising young girls who would benefit from playing in mixed teams beyond the age of 11.

It is understood the ban is also opposed by Tessa Jowell, the culture secretary.

The FA retains the regulation because it believes that girls, once they turn 12, could be physically overpowered by boys. However, grassroots teams complain that they are losing girls who, in some cases, are better footballers than the boys and would benefit from mixed football in their teenage years.

MPs say it is also damaging the women’s game because it means talented girls who could go on to compete on the international stage cannot fulfil their potential.

In some countries such as America and Germany girls can carry on playing alongside boys until their teenage years, and parents and coaches decide when they should stop. These countries field some of the strongest teams in the international women’s game.

The Commons committee is expected to call for the age bar, which applies to all school and club sides, to be raised or possibly scrapped.

Earlier this year Minnie Cruttwell and Hannah Dale, both 10, wrote to Jowell urging her to intervene over the matter. Jowell said she was concerned that Britain was “the only country in Europe that has a blanket ban in place for mixed football at this age”.

Cruttwell, of Balham, south London, will have to leave her club side, the Balham Blazers, at the end of the coming season if the guidelines are not changed. “I know I am as good as every boy I have played against and every boy on my team,” she said. “I would like to stay and have a choice until an age where it has got out of hand and the boys are absolutely huge — but that’s not going to happen very soon.”

BEC United, another south London club, will lose three of its star players — all girls — at the start of the new season when they turn 12.

Pat Kelly, the coach, said he would like to keep them in a mixed side until 15 or 16 when physiological differences between the sexes were pronounced.

“In Germany and America, girls play with boys to a much older age and these are the players who later go on to win the women’s World Cup because they are physically stronger,” he said.

Partly helped by the success of the film Bend It Like Beckham, women’s football is now the fastest growing team sport in the country despite attracting only a fraction of the funding of the men’s game.

The FA said it was consulting youngsters and will report in the autumn.

Latest