Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think there are a few other things that need to be highlighted in football morals including wages. I saw today in one red top that Ballack couldn't live on £130,000 a week (thats £6.76m a year to you and me) as he has to rent a property because house prices are so expensive in England (esp. South of). So I ask what has Ballack done with the money he earned at Bayern Munich, or from the Germany games he gets a nice match fee for, or his sponsorship deal with adidas etc.

Another thing that bugs me is diving - which seems to have been coughed up again after Arsenals Robin Van Persie collapsed over the Hamburg keeper. OK, i would of excepted that he might have fell as he avoided stepping on the keepers arm but the twist in mid fall made it the most pathetic thing ive seen this season. If Van Persie was so sportsman like he could have told the ref how it was - he fell and the keeper did his job to try to get the ball and legally stop an attempt at goal. But no. instead Hamburg are forced to play with 10 men and the second choice goalie. i also hear that Wenger has tried to defend RVP meanwhile not seeing the replay - it just cant be done.
Players like RVP, ronaldo, robben, drogba and others who have made a name of themselves for contenders of the high dive should be looking to eradicate this from their game.

Finally, a little bit on England wonder child Rooney - most specifically this restaurant scuffle with Blackburn defender Michael Gray. OK, his fiancee and friends were being verbally assaulted but if these allegations are true that Wayne floored Gray while the United no. 8 was still seated, shouldnt he recieve a playing ban. After all theres no protection from police involvement if you've involved in a fight on the pitch, so why shouldn't there be consequences if theres an incident off it between players. Lee Bowyer received 6 games for fighting with Dyer in the 3-0 8 man v 11 defeat against Aston Villa, and Man City player Ben Thatcher is serving an 8 game ban for a vicious elbow on Mendes.

These are all incidences which should be stamped out in football, to make the beautiful game beautiful again even if it is the tip of the iceberg in a sport where some teams are corrupt, and players are represented by agents who want the green to roll in.
Agreed. :ditto:

And let's not forget the racism and secterianism, bungs and where player transfers which use an additional club to help a player sign for a rival club that the selling club would otherwise not have consented to. No respect for contract law.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
All Scousers are scum. Wait no more.
especially that wayne rooney fella eh
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The east-end is becoming predominantly asian, mainly muslim actually, which is why West Ham fans feel the need to chant stuff like ''shoe bomber terrorist'' at Mido, losers.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ND, that's probably the way to go, and it would be easy if forwards were more affordable. Not at this level.

And Stones, I'd be worried about... well your entire midfield
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can't have a go at Michael Ballack for renting rather than buying a place. It's his money. And frankly he's right, a place in west London is supremely expensive and wouldn't be worth the mortgage for him, as he doesn't anticipate setting up in London or staying here longer than a few years. It's good financial planning on his part.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And the Wayne Rooney-Michael Gray incident was never reported to police. I doubt it's in the FA's jurisdiction either.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He's fat he's Scouse he's probably robbed your house.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
And the Wayne Rooney-Michael Gray incident was never reported to police. I doubt it's in the FA's jurisdiction either.
Can't remember if the FA did anything with John Terry's affray all those years ago.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Can't have a go at Michael Ballack for renting rather than buying a place. It's his money. And frankly he's right, a place in west London is supremely expensive and wouldn't be worth the mortgage for him, as he doesn't anticipate setting up in London or staying here longer than a few years. It's good financial planning on his part.
I've been looking at property in London and I can get a 3 or 4 bedroom house in the Midlands or County Durham for the price of a one bedroom flat in some parts of west London.
Zlatan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So Materazzi reveals that he told Zidane that he'd rather have his sister after the game than his shirt. I'm not sure I agree with him, what say you?

The shirt...

or the sister

:confused:

:p:
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd choose his sister and a brown paper bag.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
And Stones, I'd be worried about... well your entire midfield
We will see mate.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Scholes Kalstrom Gerrard and Emerson are all excellent midfielders capable of winning games on their own.
If they all stick in a good performance ill be sorted!
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
He's fat he's Scouse he's probably robbed your house.
Want to have a guess which area has the most crime?
Merseyside or Greater Manchester
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Want to have a guess which area has the most crime?
Merseyside or Greater Manchester
Definitely Merseyside
flexiblefish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I dont know if this is to do with WS, but the france game sold out in a few hours today. Packed Hampden should really add a 12th man.

WS if anything has bought a feel-good factor to Scotland, nevermind just turning the football team around.

Only 24 more sleeps.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
PL Wed 20th sept added
giggsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not sure about emerson, kallstrom is on the bench usually
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A poster mentioned that Accrington Stanley supporters are mainly Manchester United fans who simply cannot finance tickets/season tickets to old trafford. Well, hmm, i strongly doubt this. For a start, sure Man United and its old trafford are not far from being just ´down the road´, geographically, manchester and accrington is under an hour, not far at all really.

Main reasons, surely because Blackburn are the towns and close surrounding areas main team. Then they have the championship side Burnley, and i guess errr, Bury is just around the corner, thus accrington have mucho to compete with, too much to compete with. Accrington have just got promoted but for their own good they´re best being in non league football, particularly financial reasons, their core supporting base isn´t enough, struggle to finance league player wages, struggle immensely to attract decent league quality players, paying wages proving difficult, and if i´m not mistaken, tickets at stanley are rather expensive, at least 11-14 quid, almost in the same price bracket as burnley probably, and you will be getting lower quality football for the same price, thus illogical spending experience really...

i feel sorry for the chairman and core support, the reality is, so little money, prices too high in league football, wages, matchday tickets, accrington population are hardly a wealthy bunch of people, priced out, host of clubs close by competing and winning custom easily over stanley...et cetera...

it´s a no-win, but i´m sure the fans are enjoying their time in the league. Even so, tis a crap league with so much crap football, they may as well be playing non-league where their existance is easier to maintain...gutting for the manager, chairman et al, that their promotion has changed nothing of substance in terms of supporter turnout and income generated to fund further club progress. Maybe a good cup run will help them out, well, it will, beating nott forest was a start :cool:
wipeandclean
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
the packed hampden acts as more than 1 man.

at home we can do france, we did holland at home in the euro 2004 playoffs with a **** team, drew with italy at home world cup 2006 group, now we can do france
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (552)
80.58%
Leave (133)
19.42%

Watched Threads