Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    As an aside, Chelsea's suspended 3 point deduction doesn't apply to Nathan Porritt, because he wasn't actually a contracted professional (being only 15 n all).

ReputationRep:
    No Melly I didn't go last night...but was ecstatic when I found out Ian Moore finally scored!

I'm goin 2 uni in birmingham nxt week so i didnt get a season ticket this season...reeli annoyin but its gonna start gettin xpensiv comin bak every other week to Leeds as much as I'd love 2. Tho every time im home im gonna go 2 matches!

It reeli annoyd me when i heard that 250,000 people applied 4 tix 2 the play off final, but then all of a sudden these ppl disappear when we play in less glamorous matches.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the show rather unfairly targeted bolton over other clubs, and there were one or two issues where the logic they used for connection was rather suspect... but overall, it was a very interesting program, and i was interested to see the clubs that were and were not mentioned.
    It is a shame some of it was edited (and names were bleeped out, though with the clubs, you can lip read what they are saying).

I don't think there was any real evidence that any managers behaved inproperly though. Redknapp did nothing wrong, and there wasn't really much evidence that Allardyce (Sam) did anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    As an aside, Chelsea's suspended 3 point deduction doesn't apply to Nathan Porritt, because he wasn't actually a contracted professional (being only 15 n all).
    im relieved to hear that but still disappointed with Arnesens actions.Does this mean that the players Chelsea "tapped up" from Leeds are also in the same boat and therefore Chelsea can't recieve 3 point deduction for that case?

ReputationRep:
    After week 23:

1. Gamba Osaka - 52
    2. Urawa Reds - 49
    3. Kawasaki Frontale - 47
    4. Shimzu S-Pulse - 44
    5. Kashima Antlers - 42
    6. Oita Trinita - 36
    7. Jubilo Iwata - 34
    8. Yokohama F-Marinos - 32
    9. JEF United - 32
    10. Omiya Ardija - 30
    11. Nagoya Grampus-8 - 28
    12. Ventforet Kofu - 28
    13. FC Tokyo - 27
    14. Albirex Niigata - 27
    15. Sanfreece Hiroshima - 23
    =======================
    16. Kyoto Purple Sanga - 18
    =======================
    17. Cerezo Osaka - 16
    18. Avispa Fukuoka - 13

Looks as if Gamba Osaka have hit a really good patch of form in the J-League. It would be quite a feat if they were to win a 2nd successive title after their amazing last minute win last season. Ryuji Bando can't stop scoring at the minute and it was his double against against Oita Trinita which means its 8 games unbeaten. That win opens up a 3 point gap at the top against their nearest rivals Urawa Red Diamonds.

The Reds, everyone's favourite for the title before the start of the season, kept up the pace with a 2-1 over Sanfreece Hiroshima in Saitama.

Kawasaki Frontale, the side promoted from the J-2 last season have been knocked down into 3rd place. A great start to the season, surprising many - they took another blow with a emphatic 4-3 home loss to Jubilo Iwata. The Shizuoka outfit have also started to pick up form, with club stalwart Takashi Fukunishi starting to lift himself and his team with some great performances of late.

Shimizu, a possible outside bet for a late surge (although I think they're too inconsistent to win it) lost at home 2-1 to Kashima Antlers who now themselves close in behind S-Pulse.

Eleswhere Nagoya beat Albirex 3-1, whilst Yokohama pile on more misery on lowly Fukuoka. Avispa look like they're going to be heading back where they came from after as they sit bottom of the table with just a solitary win all season.

Paulino scored the only goal for Kyoto in their win against FC Tokyo, while Cerezo beat JEF United 3-2 to give them a priceless win in their battle against relegation. And once more Seiichiro Maki manages to score for JEF. :cool:

And last but not least, Kofu beat Ardija 3-2 with Jader Volnei Spindler aka 'Bare' scoring two. Yes, he's that symbolic I had to mention him as you'll find out later.

J-2

After week 37:

1. Vissel Kobe - 71
    2. Kashiwa Reysol - 71
    =====================
    3. Yokohama FC - 70
    =====================
    4. Vegalta Sendai - 61
    5. Sagan Tosu * - 54
    6. Tokyo Verdy 1969 - 53
    7. Consadole Sapporo - 52
    8. Montedio Yamagata - 50
    9. Shonan Bellmare - 44
    10. Mito Hollyhock - 43
    11. Ehime FC - 35
    12. Thespa Kusatsu - 34
    13. Tokushima Vortis - 24

* This week's bye. Game in hand.

In the race to win promotion to the top-flight, the 3 way battle between Vissel, Kashiwa and Yokohama FC continues. Vissel who were relegated after their [comic book guy voice] worst season ever!™ [/comic book guy voice] look most accomplished of the three along with Kashiwa who were relegated via the playoff last season by Kofu. Oh, and remember the Bare fella. He was the guy who scored all of Kofu's 6 goals (yes 6!) in the 2nd leg relegation/promotion playoff last December against Kashiwa.

And given that circumstance - nobody is going to want to play in the 3rd place playoff.

J-2 Top scorers:

1. Borges (Vegalta Sendai) - 20
    1. Tatsunori Arai (Sagan Tosu) - 20
    3. Leandro (Montedio Yamagata) - 17

NB: The 2nd leg semis of the J-League cup are being played tonight. I'll give some details when they're finished. It was Kawasaki 2-2 Chiba and 1-0 to Kashima against F-Marinos in the 1st leg.

Got any questions? No. Good. :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has skysports then check out J League Weekly and if possibly Football Asia - they often have stuff on Japanese soccer.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.j-league.or.jp/pv/ - click on the side for some clips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    Kromkamp was just crap. Some players don't like the pace and physicality of the English game like Veron.
    But Zola was succesful in the EPL and he's hardly what you'd call a physical player.

ReputationRep:
    some players do well, some dont, I think all players go through good and bad patches, maybe they just get home sick !

ReputationRep:
    ...He's a striker. Is he even left footed anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Bah - you don't see goals like this in the Premiership...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB1Edhvliic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    ...He's a striker. Is he even left footed anyway?
    I think Madrid play him out on the left sometimes, but i wouldnt really call him a left winger. More of a left sided forward - similar to Cassano.

ReputationRep:
    Did it mention transfers which would go to a third party club and then to a rival club from the original club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    But Zola was succesful in the EPL and he's hardly what you'd call a physical player.
    True, but he was able to adapt to the Prem and play his own style. He made up for his lack of strength with skill and quick thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    True, but he was able to adapt to the Prem and play his own style. He made up for his lack of strength with skill and quick thinking.
    and you don't think Veron had skill and quick thinking?

ReputationRep:
    Last nights programme, taught us a lot, yeh we all know that bungs happen in football but did you expect to hear allardyce, chelsea and liverpool being mentioned?
    Did you watch the programme? The bit about Chelsea and Liverpool had nothing to do with bungs but 'tapping up' of a young player behind the back of the club (although in reality a dodgy agent going to a club, not the other way round). They first mentioned NEwcastle talking to the player and their family which is HUGE but made absolutely nothing of it. Everyone knows tapping up of young players happens up and down the country but if that's the most incriminating evidence the BBC have of it, then it's useless.

Everyone knows the game is full of dodgy agents, there doesn't need to be an hour long programme and secret cameras to let people know about that. Redknapp did totally feck all either. "I really like him, he's a tough *******" does not equate to tapping up and taking a bung.

Very weak programme from the BBC compared to what it was hyped up to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Did you watch the programme? The bit about Chelsea and Liverpool had nothing to do with bungs but 'tapping up' of a young player behind the back of the club (although in reality a dodgy agent going to a club, not the other way round). They first mentioned NEwcastle talking to the player and their family which is HUGE but made absolutely nothing of it. Everyone knows tapping up of young players happens up and down the country but if that's the most incriminating evidence the BBC have of it, then it's useless.

Everyone knows the game is full of dodgy agents, there doesn't need to be an hour long programme and secret cameras to let people know about that. Redknapp did totally feck all either. "I really like him, he's a tough *******" does not equate to tapping up and taking a bung.

Very weak programme from the BBC compared to what it was hyped up to be.
    Agreed :suitc:

ReputationRep:
    I've been most surprised by Shevchenko, he was class at Milan and he made things happen which he just isn't doing at all right now. He's being well outshined by Drogba whos becoming more and more impressive.

It may be due to chelsea midfield though, little width and about 6 central midfielders playing every match lol.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Ferdinand has been asleep this season, he needs to sort himself out, was poor against Celtic. I think Nesta and Stam are the best in europe myself.

And whoever said Carragher, did you see the Liverpool derby, was rubbish and he did nothing against Drogba, just left standing.

ReputationRep:
    Cannavaro
    Zambrotta

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.