Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    Spain's squad looks very strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Yeah but they always manage to mess up

---

I hope they do well this time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alonso, Garcia, Morientes and Reina lifting that trophy if it isn't England haha

Or shall I say, Liverpool :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spains squad always looks very strong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    Yeah but they always manage to mess up

---

I hope they do well this time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alonso, Garcia, Morientes and Reina lifting that trophy if it isn't England haha

Or shall I say, Liverpool :p:
    I dont think Morientes is in the squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    I dont think Morientes is in the squad.
    I just read that literally 15 seconds ago on the Liverpool website.. I feel sorry for him, and he does do better for country than club.

ReputationRep:
    His scoring record for Spain is formidable but Spain aren't exactly lacking in that department.

ReputationRep:
    Spains squad always looks very strong
    I think it's one of their strongest in years. Though that's possible due to a possible biased opinion as so many of their players are from the Prem.

How about this for a squad hey...

Goalkeepers: Dida, Julio Cesar, Rogerio Ceni

Defenders: Cafu, Cicinho, Lucio, Juan, Roberto Carlos, Gilberto, Cris, Luisao

Midfielders: Edmilson, Juninho Pernambucano, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Gilberto Silva, Kaka, Ricardinho

Forwards: Ronaldo, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Fred.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's one of their strongest in years. Though that's possible due to a possible biased opinion as so many of their players are from the Prem.

How about this for a squad hey...

Goalkeepers: Dida, Julio Cesar, Rogerio Ceni

Defenders: Cafu, Cicinho, Lucio, Juan, Roberto Carlos, Gilberto, Cris, Luisao

Midfielders: Edmilson, Juninho Pernambucano, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Gilberto Silva, Kaka, Ricardinho

98 was in IMO Spains strongest side.

The Brazil squad is good, but that defence is total crap apart from Lucio and maybe Luizao.

Pretty much all the squads are in now. Here's a list of players that i thought deserved to go but didnt get in:
    Bent
    SWP
    Defoe
    Baptista
    Zanetti
    Samuel
    Veron
    Cruz
    Panucci
    Fiore
    Cassano
    Lucarelli
    Marchionni
    Mexes
    Giuly
    malbranque
    Reveilerre
    Pires
    Anelka
    Baraja
    Morientes
    Pernia
    Seedorf
    Davids
    Huntelaar
    Quaresma
    Hakan Yakin

ReputationRep:
    Crap is bit harsh! 3 wicked wing backs. 2 of which world class. And Lucio is well sound back there. Juan aint half bad either!

I thought Makaay deserved to be in the Holland Squad.

ReputationRep:
    Crap is bit harsh! 3 wicked wing backs. 2 of which world class. And Lucio is well sound back there. Juan aint half bad either!

I thought Makaay deserved to be in the Holland Squad.
    I'm afraid to say that Roberto Carlos looks past it now. He isnt half the player he used to be. cafu has had a poor season too, though he has been struggling with injuries a lot. Lucio is extremely good (though he can be a bit extravagent at times), while Juan imo is not very good and doesnt deserve to be in the starting line up.

I agree Makaay should've been in there instead of Venegoor.

ReputationRep:
    Cripes.

ReputationRep:
    I love all these cool Brazilian names and then Fred to finish it.

ReputationRep:
    I love all these cool Brazilian names and then Fred to finish it.
    Lol, yeah!

So cool man!

I think Brazil are going to romp home in the Summer, 2-0 against Germany in the final.

ReputationRep:
    I just uploaded this goal of Fred's in this season's Champions League. Look at that flip-flap!

ReputationRep:
    98 was in IMO Spains strongest side.

The Brazil squad is good, but that defence is total crap apart from Lucio and maybe Luizao.

Pretty much all the squads are in now. Here's a list of players that i thought deserved to go but didnt get in:
    Bent- no
    SWP- yes
    Defoe- yes
    Baptista- omg yes
    Zanetti- ditto
    Samuel- yes, although he fouls a bit too often
    Veron- no, I don't see where he fits in.
    Cruz- yes
    Panucci- yes
    Fiore- no
    Cassano- definately yes
    Lucarelli- Iaqunita is there as backup, may as well get him used to the setup.
    Marchionni- yes, have only seen a bit of him though.
    Mexes- yes
    Giuly- yes
    malbranque- yes
    Reveilerre- no haven't seen him since he left Valencia
    Pires- yes
    Anelka- yes instead of Cisse
    Baraja- experience-wise yes, but Cesc is good enough
    Morientes- target man needed, but he's out of form
    Pernia- unlucky that he plays for a small club. I like Del Horno/Lopez though.
    Seedorf- yes legend
    Davids-yes legend
    Huntelaar- yes on-fire
    Quaresma- yes what a skillful player
    Hakan Yakin- yes

Great list.
    I would add Mancini, Ernst, Kiessling, Karimi and Mahdevikia (don't see their names in the Iran squad), Kalou should be allowed Dutch nationality lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's good see Big Phil picking Helder Postiga alongside Pauletta and Nuno Gomes. From watching him play in person at Spurs, he's a livewire but was too lightweight for the premiership. Portugal has strong players in all positions but they're record in the WC is awful, so was their last campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    [/B]

Great list.
    I would add Mancini, Ernst, Kiessling, Karimi and Mahdevikia (don't see their names in the Iran squad), Kalou should be allowed Dutch nationality lol.
    Yes i agree, though on the whole i thought Klinsmann picked a pretty good squad - good mix of youth and experience. Argentinas squad was impressive but he got the defence wrong - should have been Zanetti and Samuel for Coloccini and Scaloni (seriously how did this guy get in? joke of the century - he is just crap!). Demichelis broke down crying when he was told that he was not going! If Argentina go out early, Pekerman is gonna get slaughtered by the fans.

I was extremely dissapointed with Italys squad, though i cant say i was surprised by it. Lippi hasnt learnt any lessons from the past and is still sticking with a lot of old, out of form players.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i agree, though on the whole i thought Klinsmann picked a pretty good squad - good mix of youth and experience. Argentinas squad was impressive but he got the defence wrong - should have been Zanetti and Samuel for Coloccini and Scaloni (seriously how did this guy get in? joke of the century - he is just crap!). Demichelis broke down crying when he was told that he was not going! If Argentina go out early, Pekerman is gonna get slaughtered by the fans.

I was extremely dissapointed with Italys squad, though i cant say i was surprised by it. Lippi hasnt learnt any lessons from the past and is still sticking with a lot of old, out of form players.
    Germany have a good squad yes, but I would have liked to see Kiessling instead of Hanke, I don't know what Hanke does really. Having Kehl fit probably forced out Ernst. Scaloni is dreadful, i'm guessing Pekerman excluded Zanetti and to an extent Veron to show who's boss. Not a great time to be a meglomaniac. Samuel has had a better season but he's just not up to the pace whenever I've seen him, and he fouls way too often- Coloccini is pretty good imo. Yep I was shocked about Demichelis, he's unspectacular but pretty steady- I guess SuperMasch rightfully has a monopoly in midfield these days.

Italy's squad looks ok, slightly underwhelming. Nobody really expected anything different though. A few too many nothing players if you ask me. Needs some more flair in wide positions, I've given up on Cameronesi- too inconsistent.

My underdog tip this WC- Serbia and Montenegro from the group of death. Super-solid defense, Stankovic and Djordevic in midfield, and imo one of the strongest set of forwards in the world...Zigic, Kezman, Vucinic, Milosevic and Ljuboja.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Germany have a good squad yes, but I would have liked to see Kiessling instead of Hanke, I don't know what Hanke does really. Having Kehl fit probably forced out Ernst. Scaloni is dreadful, i'm guessing Pekerman excluded Zanetti and to an extent Veron to show who's boss. Not a great time to be a meglomaniac. Samuel has had a better season but he's just not up to the pace whenever I've seen him, and he fouls way too often- Coloccini is pretty good imo. Yep I was shocked about Demichelis, he's unspectacular but pretty steady- I guess SuperMasch rightfully has a monopoly in midfield these days.

Italy's squad looks ok, slightly underwhelming. Nobody really expected anything different though. A few too many nothing players if you ask me. Needs some more flair in wide positions, I've given up on Cameronesi- too inconsistent.

My underdog tip this WC- Serbia and Montenegro from the group of death. Super-solid defense, Stankovic and Djordevic in midfield, and imo one of the strongest set of forwards in the world...Zigic, Kezman, Vucinic, Milosevic and Ljuboja.
    I think if Klose gets injured, Germany will struggle for goals. All the other strikers are decent, but none of them are prolific. Scaloni being picked must be the joke of the century - he is pants! Zanetti doesnt seem like a guy who wouldnt respect the management. He is a true professional and has always made himself available for the NT. My guess is that Pekermna loves the generation he coached at u21 level, and wants to get rid of a lot of the players from Bielsa's era. Only 4 players in the squad played in the last WC. He wants to get rid of the players who failed in 2002, though i really dont see why Zanetti should be held responsible:confused: Collocini is decent, but i dont think he can play RB - way too slow. The rest of the squad is fine, but the defence is not so good - considering Heinze and Ayala have been injured for a long time and Sorin is not that good at left back, leaving out Zanetti is just madness! Theres also no backup for Cambiasso/Mascherano - Demichelis would have been perfect for this.

Italys squad is weak compared to previous ones, but Lippi has created some real team harmony which Trappatoni never did. Lippi is a great tactician but a poor squad selector. We did have Fiore and Marchionni for flair in the wide positions, but Lippi just totally ignored them. Camoranesi is crap, i dunno what he is doing in the first team let alone the squad. The core of the team is still very good though, but i would have liked to have seen more youngsters in the team, but i guess italian coaches are just crippled with fear and cant make bold decisions.

S&M are excellent and impressed during qualifying. I think they will progress with one of Holland or Argentina falling. Its a shame that 2 of the teams in that group have to go out because all the teams in that group could go far.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just really glad by dad decided to sign up for the Sports Package on Cable TV here (in Singapore)

Cost us S$26 for the month (Jun 8th to Jul 8th) but it sure will be worth every cent!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.