Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

(Original post by El Chueco)
    i altered that to kinda answer your rhetorical question... lol...
    I knows, just wanting the 'How Hard... Gerr(h)ard...' malarkey! He's like the bloody duracell bunny!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....i'm beginning to swing from Lampard to Gerrard - Gerrard is simply awesome at the moment - ok he got some taunting when Liverpool played at Stamford Bridge 2-3 weeks backs in the Champions League..but boy do they want him!!! Jealousy, pure jealousy - he's an immense player.

I'm a Man United fan...tbh, i have fair amount of respect for Liverpool - on their budget they managed to win the Champs League last year - i feel that was far more of an achievement than Chelsea winning, sorry, 'buying' the league. Of course Man united are guilty to a degree of doing this, BUT BUT BUT...

We had a youth system whereby players that came out of it played a huge role in successes of Man United in the various winning of competitions. I have little to no respect for Chelsea b/c they simply do not have a youth system and products coming out of it - if they do, they ship them out on loan so that hardly counts!...i only hope to god they don't start passing off Cole, Lampard and Johnson (formerly players of West Ham and products of the Hammers youth system) as products of their own youth system.

Chelsea suck big, fat donkey balls
    Liverpool - i respect them.

Answer to OP - Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    has ne1 actually thought abot ROY KEANE

possibly the greatest midfielder ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortimer)

not much cop on the wing, or up front...

(Original post by Mortimer)

Yes, see earlier posts in the thread, and I'd dispute the latter.

ReputationRep:
    it's always gerrard, gerrard and gerrard! he doesn't stop moving and scores awesome goals, and plenty of goals...and he's a good leader ~

ReputationRep:
    what about clarence seedorf? great tackler, dribbler, passer, work rate, you name it hes got it. Glues the gattuso/pirlo/kaka midfield together, complimenting all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Seedorf isn't as good as he used to be. Pretty low key in fact. The dutch are renowned for their allrounders though. Remember Cocu in recent years? Even now players switch in open play, the way football should be played.

Is it a good thing to be an allrounder though? I mean look at Gerrard. The fact the guy can tackle has meant he ended up playing right back for Liverpool in the final, and recently for England. And when he's not right back for England, he's stuck on the left wing (i'm sure he doesnt want to play there) or defensive midfield (like cutting his legs off as Owen puts it). Because he's allrounded, it means he cant directly compete against Lampard, instead he gets the more defensive role and Lampard runs free.
    A few people mentioned Viera, does he go as much forward as he can?

Roy Keane was probably the best of the last decade.

ReputationRep:
    David James !!!!!! not just immense in goal but very useful up front *runs away laughing*

ReputationRep:
    The most complete player?

Probably Titus Bramble, he's complete ****

coat.....

(Original post by silent ninja)
    Even now players switch in open play, the way football should be played.

Is it a good thing to be an allrounder though? I mean look at Gerrard. The fact the guy can tackle has meant he ended up playing right back for Liverpool in the final, and recently for England. And when he's not right back for England, he's stuck on the left wing (i'm sure he doesnt want to play there) or defensive midfield (like cutting his legs off as Owen puts it). Because he's allrounded, it means he cant directly compete against Lampard, instead he gets the more defensive role and Lampard runs free.
    Screw England. The opening sentence pretty much sums up the reason for Liverpool's recent success: fluidity. Steadfast payers who can only play the same way in the same team week in week out are not wanted, simple as. Players, under Benitez, will start in one position and can finish in a completely different area - and such a loose style means you can attack as a unit, defend as a unit, and switch the play in a bat of an eyelid. Watch how the Liverpool midfield organises itself. If Gerrard drifts inwards, for example, Alonso shifts to fill the gap. If Garcia's under pressure down one wing, another player can swap and see how they fare.

It's all about organisation and intelligence, not least that this flexibility is being drilled into them by the coaches. At the end of the day, along with having fine technique and ability, Gerrard has the best motor in the Premiership, can tear teams ragged with both runs from deep and his passing range. You'll see him making a last ditch tackle on the back foot, to lashing it up the pitch to catch up the counter movement (see Crouch vs. Wigan) and yet the next moment he'll be back for more. He can be everywhere and anywhere at once, and that is what makes him the most inspirational player in the league.

ReputationRep:
    1)lampard
    2)henry
    3)ruud
    4)robben
    5)joe Cole/gerrad

ReputationRep:
    Lampard, van Nistelrooy, Robben and Joe Cole complete players?

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    1[B]FRANK Lampard and a close second
    2John Terry

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard and Lampard

ReputationRep:
    lampard?

ReputationRep:
    Check this out Lampard better than ronaldhino

(Original post by nike_inc)
    Check this out Lampard better than ronaldhino
    :rofl:

Statistics mean nothing without watching the games. Passing out of defense I bet Hyypia has a ear perfect pass completion rate. Does this make him a better passer of the ball than Alonso?Either way, I've seen a few idiots mither on about player x being a better player than player y because OPTA says so. Ronaldinho is the best player on the planet at this moment in time. Not Eto'o, not Lampard, not Gerrard. No, not even Arjen Robben.

ReputationRep:
    Even though i'm a liverpool fan i'd have to say Ronaldinho, that guy is from another planet...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say Craig Easton...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.