Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

Poll: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
Yes. (135)
54.22%
No (^o)) (114)
45.78%
This discussion is closed.
Alan Grant
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi, me again

Just thought i'd say my second overall most complete player after Andrea Pirlo is the one and only Michael Ballack
Horrorshow
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cesc fabregas. Has all the necessary attributes of a great attacking mifielder, whilst maintaining all the qualitites of a hard working defensive midfielder.

(Not that i'm biased or anything....)
Mellanie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
Cesc fabregas. Has all the necessary attributes of a great attacking mifielder, whilst maintaining all the qualitites of a hard working defensive midfielder.

(Not that i'm biased or anything....)
You know what, your kinda right, he is quite complete..........but then again, you can say that Fletcher is complete as he is the United version of Fabregas! And ffs he isn't even half complete and I don't think he ever will be!
afcwill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was going to say Cesc Fabregas as well, but i know that on these boards age plays a big factor in deciding whether any player is a complete player or not. As Lee Dixon put it on MOTD "i honestly cant see a weakness in his game". That comment is the sign of a complete player, surely. Even if it is someones opinion but your never going to decide on a complete player by fact, its all opinion......................... in that case my vote goes to Pascal Cygan!
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I liked Rosicky (before he moved to Arsenal :rolleyes:) and while he's technically good, he can't head or tackle and he's too weak. If you ignore his defensive ability, he's up there with the best attacking midfielders around.

Gerrard, Pirlo, Xavi, Ballack are all complete players imo. Shevchenko and Trezeguet are complete strikers, and with henry's recent improvement in his physical and headed game he's likely to be up there. Defenders, Rio, Ayala, Chivu, Cannavaro and Nesta (when fully fit) are complete defenders.

Zokora is pretty awesome too :p:
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Klinsmannic)
I liked Rosicky (before he moved to Arsenal :rolleyes:) and while he's technically good, he can't head or tackle and he's too weak. If you ignore his defensive ability, he's up there with the best attacking midfielders around.

Gerrard, Pirlo, Xavi, Ballack are all complete players imo. Shevchenko and Trezeguet are complete strikers, and with henry's recent improvement in his physical and headed game he's likely to be up there. Defenders, Rio, Ayala, Chivu, Cannavaro and Nesta (when fully fit) are complete defenders.

Zokora is pretty awesome too :p:
i think everyone liked zokora before he completely chose the wrong club to improve his career prospects and ruin his reputation, he should have come to arsenal, but rosicky is miles better than zokora,imo. Henry "is likely" to be up there :eek: Henry was the 1st person i thought of when complete player was mentioned. Rosicky definitely isnt weak by the way, he can shrug players off just like the beast can.
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by afcwill)
i think everyone liked zokora before he completely chose the wrong club to improve his career prospects and ruin his reputation, he should have come to arsenal, but rosicky is miles better than zokora,imo. Henry "is likely" to be up there :eek: Henry was the 1st person i thought of when complete player was mentioned. Rosicky definitely isnt weak by the way, he can shrug players off just like the beast can.
Very much agree with that
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know it's too early to judge fully, but I think Zokora could be the most dynamic midfielder we've had in the last 10-15 years +. In a struggling side, he's been our best player by far in almost every game. Even at St Ettiene, he practically carried the side. I've been following Rosicky for a number of seasons now, and I tried to watch as much of Zokora last season as I could and it's difficult to compare the two. Zokora is more of a holding player with the ability to make driving dribbles and runs from deep positions. Rosicky is an attacking midfielder, and a very good one at that, but as I say they both play in different positions essentially.

And the fact that you think Zokora made a mistake by joining us is pretty patronising tbh, not just to me but for the player himself. He revealed he was being tracked by Man U, Chelsea and Real but he opted to join us because he felt it was best for his career. At least give him some time before you criticise the man's decision. In a struggling side, he's been the shining light...I can't wait for us to have all our players back fit with Zokora binding them together. Being in a young side was what attracted him to Spurs, and he felt he had the best opportunity to grow here. Add to that the influence of Comolli, and more importantly the former pinnacle of his position Edgar Davids. It would be hard for me to imagine Zokora learning his trade from Gilberto as opposed to Davids.
afcwill
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Klinsmannic)
And the fact that you think Zokora made a mistake by joining us is pretty patronising tbh, not just to me but for the player himself. He revealed he was being tracked by Man U, Chelsea and Real but he opted to join us because he felt it was best for his career. At least give him some time before you criticise the man's decision. In a struggling side, he's been the shining light...I can't wait for us to have all our players back fit with Zokora binding them together. Being in a young side was what attracted him to Spurs, and he felt he had the best opportunity to grow here. Add to that the influence of Comolli, and more importantly the former pinnacle of his position Edgar Davids. It would be hard for me to imagine Zokora learning his trade from Gilberto as opposed to Davids.
Who in their right mind rejects Real Madrid to sign for spurs and then says "its right for my career". Its blindingly obvious he chose the wrong club, at Arsenal he would be winning things, playing with world class players. At spurs he is playing with wannabe stars like Huddlestone and Davenport - it is no way near a natural progression in his career. He may be your best player at the moment but look at your position in the table and see what thats telling you, you have a few big names and a lot of no hopers, i've heard a lot of spurs fans calling for Jol's head. Zokora could learn his trade from Fabregas let alone Davids. Also, if in being patronising to Zokora, invite him on to TSR and i will tell him to sign for us in January and win some trophies!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who in their right mind rejects Real Madrid to sign for spurs and then says "its right for my career". Its blindingly obvious he chose the wrong club, at Arsenal he would be winning things, playing with world class players. At spurs he is playing with wannabe stars like Huddlestone and Davenport - it is no way near a natural progression in his career. He may be your best player at the moment but look at your position in the table and see what thats telling you, you have a few big names and a lot of no hopers, i've heard a lot of spurs fans calling for Jol's head. Zokora could learn his trade from Fabregas let alone Davids. Also, if in being patronising to Zokora, invite him on to TSR and i will tell him to sign for us in January and win some trophies!
you're talking out your Arsenal...
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If I made a world 11, the 4 defenders would be:

RB.Zambrotta CB.Toure CB.Nesta LB.Cole

If Terry was slightly quicker, i'd have him instead of Nesta
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who in their right mind rejects Real Madrid to sign for spurs and then says "its right for my career".
Tell that to Cassano, Robinho, Baptista and Gravesen. I'm surprised you picked them as an example. You make my point for me quite well, though.

Its blindingly obvious he chose the wrong club, at Arsenal he would be winning things, playing with world class players.
You haven't won any trophies since Zokora joined us...

We're a month into the season and your talking about trophies. You're not going to win the league, and we're also in 3 cup competitions :rolleyes:. You forgot how we gave you a run for your money with your world class players last year.

At spurs he is playing with wannabe stars like Huddlestone and Davenport - it is no way near a natural progression in his career.
Yes, pick any two squad players. At Arsenal he could be playing with wannabes Hoyte and Gilbert.

He may be your best player at the moment but look at your position in the table and see what thats telling you, you have a few big names and a lot of no hopers, i've heard a lot of spurs fans calling for Jol's head.
With so many injuries/ new signings our poor start was always a possibility. Try and look beyond form. Nobody is saying Spurs are better than Arsenal, so you implying Zokora is stupid is just silly and rude.

Zokora could learn his trade from Fabregas let alone Davids. Also, if in being patronising to Zokora, invite him on to TSR and i will tell him to sign for us in January and win some trophies!
Fabregas is a different type of player again. Didier Zokora is a holding midfielder, but is different to your Makelele's because he makes occasional bursts from deep-lying posititions. First you compare him to Rosicky, now Cesc...

You forget that Edgar Davids was once a very similar player to what Zokora is now and has won everything going in football. I'm not sure how much Cesc can teach him using his different style of game and his lack of honours/ experience.

This is what bugs me. Arsenal fans have a few good performances, forget their poor start (even worse than ours) and then all of a sudden they're world beaters. After what happened in the league last season, you'd have thought that would have an effect on their views.

Afcwill, You have this ingrained nepotism for some reason. Rosicky and Cesc are the best players in the world, Toure is first the best defender in Europe, then Gallas is the best defender in the world :rolleyes: ...

I doubt you've even watched Rosicky regularly prior to this season. His main criticism in Germany was his defensive ability and how he gave away too many freekicks because of his poor tackling technique. There are more complete players than Rosicky. How can anyone expect to take your views seriously when you have a memory of 3 weeks, and a belief that Arsenal players are the best in the world and there are no other clubs/players worth a mention. Zokora is his own man, he made a choice, so let's see if he made a mistake at the end of at least 1 season. Show some impartiality, this forum is becoming all too partisan.
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I take it you don't like Puyol, Cannavaro. Thuram or Ayala.

Gallas is better than Toure imo.
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
North West England - support Arsenal

I dont really support a World team, but i like the Czech Republic
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What about Leo Messi people? He's left footed and already an amazing player. But from what i've seen Ronaldinho plays on the left for Barcelona...
mwf
Report 12 years ago
we shouldnt even be having a discussion on who is the most complete player in the world. Without doubt it is Steven Gerrard!!!

He can play anywhere on the fields and give a performence that is of World class standard. He is not the best attacker in the world, nor the best defencive player in the world, but he is the most complete player in the world!!!
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love watching both of them play, but neither are left wingers. 'Dinho operates on the left of three but doesn't stay out there (and almost always comes on to his right), and usually whenever Messi plays he's on the right instead of Giuly. Messi is an attacking midfielder in any case. Decent shout though.
Alan Grant
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The clubs i hate the most are Liverpool and Man Utd(no offence anyone).

From Liverpool, it has to be Kuyt

From Man Utd, it's Ronaldo

PS. I just found out that Alex Ferguson turned down the chance to sign Thierry Henry for Man Utd when Henry was 16.
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ He'd be my 1st choice also. ^
Klinsmannic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol that reminds me of the time Gerry Francis (alledgedly) said Zidane was 'wooden' after a scouting mission to France. Also I think it was Joe Royle at Man City who was rumoured to have been offered a young Luis Figo for 1m quid.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads