Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0003/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you want Ronaldo to leave the Premiership?
    Yes.
    54.22%
    No (^o))
    45.78%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refused)
    Q-Finals versus Spain? That match was very biased, I think Joaquin had a good goal disallowed.
    Morientes' goal, but the ref thought joaquins cross had gone out when it clearly hadnt. Also, Baraja had a good goal goal disallowed, and the keeper was miles off his line for the shootout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Can't wait to see Argentina vs Holland, helluva match up!!!:eek:
    More generally, I don't want a crappy 'dominated by Brazil or France' world cup. That ain't no fun. A world cup is special when Italy, Argentina, Holland, Brazil, England, and less so Spain, Portugal(these two never quite live up to the expected) and France are on top form. Shame there's no Columbia this time, and no Nigeria Be interesting to see what Ukraine are like though.

italy v czech republic and argentina v holland look like the best matches in group stages...a good world cup would be if england argentina and italy are on form in particular imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asanonymous)
    italy v czech republic and argentina v holland look like the best matches in group stages...a good world cup would be if england argentina and italy are on form in particular imo
    Good point. Actually, Italy, Germany, England and Argentina would be ideal, like 1990 where these sides made up the semis

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I don't enjoy watching Holland anymore. It used to be awesome watching all the superstars trying to play together in the last few tournaments, Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, Bergkamp etc...now there's all these new players who are harder to relate to like Maduro, Boulahrouz, Babbel to name but 3. I know these guys are good players but I miss the old guard. Having said that, the Dutch squad does look quite strong...Robben, Van der Vaart and Sneijder may be something to look forward to especially if they're played together. I don't rate Kuyt btw, Makaay should going. Also Huntelaar should be in instead of Venegoor of Hesselink who is just a lump imo.

ReputationRep:
    Wherever did Kluivert go?? Think he was at Newcastle at some point, and then vanished!

Where is he!?

ReputationRep:
    he's at Valencia.

ReputationRep:
    How's he doing there??

ReputationRep:
    dont think he's played that much. He's a bit overweight now aswell, and is always outclubbing (well no change there i suppose!)

ReputationRep:
    Deutschland fuer die Weltmeisterschaft!!!!!!!!1

ReputationRep:
    *fur

Ja, alles gut - England oder Deutschland werden die Weltmesiterchaft Erm... gewinnen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    How's he doing there??
    yeah, he hasn't played much due to injuries and also because Villa has been on form and their best striker. he does score the odd goal or two though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ce88...earch=kluivert

ReputationRep:
    Ja, alles gut - England oder Deutschland werden die Weltmesiterchaft Erm... Win?
    Jawohl, Deutschland wird die Weltmeisterschaft gewinned

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the dutch players, am particularly looking forward to seeing strong performances of Nistelrooy, Robben, van der Vaart, van der Sar I wonder whether Cocu is really gonna be in a good form ^o)
    btw, is Heitinga in the squad? I didn't like the guy... too many fouls...

ReputationRep:
    Phil Neville replaces Reo-Coker on standby list
    http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/sto...x5638&t=soccer

ReputationRep:
    What wonderful news...:rolleyes:

Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great..And the England World cup Dream re-ignites.

ReputationRep:
    why not get SWP into the standby? you already have Hargreaves and Jenas to be useless why add in P.Neville?

ReputationRep:
    I actually rate Hargreaves and Neville- both are useful squad players who can play pretty much anywhere they asked. When you only have 23 players in the squad, versatility is key so I think this is a decent move by Eriksson.

But why is everybody clamouring for Wright-Phillips to be in the squad? He's hardly played at all this year and rusty players is not what you need at the World Cup finals. With Owen and Rooney injured, Eriksson simply cannot take a gamble on a player who hasn't seen first-team action all year. Again, the squad just isn't big enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    I actually rate Hargreaves and Neville- both are useful squad players who can play pretty much anywhere they asked
    They can play anywere, but nowere with great efficency. Which is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    They can play anywere, but nowere with great efficency. Which is pointless.
    Precisely Although Phil is a little better than Hargreaves IMO. Wright phillips is a player you need to come on for a while when you need a little burst of pace or creativity

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 11, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.